Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 9/3/16 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1895post #28412 of 299776/28/16 at 6:56pmQuote:
Haha, yeah that's why I was leaning towards telling them GSP only or no sale. That way I only have to get it to eBay's shipping center in KY.post #28413 of 299776/28/16 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
Accepted return, got them back with two 1/4" scratches on the right lenses (they had one that was sub 1/8" which I had already disclosed - but this is clearly worse)... Basically I'm SOL, nothing I can do even though I video taped opening the returned package. Feeling the love and support from eBay on this one...
There is nothing to be done that they sent them back damaged?? How is that possible? The authenticity thing is understandable but now they are also damaged and you have to give a full refund? That's downright criminal.post #28414 of 299776/28/16 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
In other news, I've got a potential buyer from China for the LP vest I have listed - but they asked if I was willing to ship via UPS or Federation, rather than through GSP due to cost differential (GSP system is charging ~$300 in import fees and shipping). Anyone have experience sending a multi-thousand dollar item to China via UPS or Federation? Appreciate all your help, as always!
Dang, I'm sorry you've had shitty luck man. Truly. That blows. But don't send that to China unless theres exceptional feedback there. Only cause your luck has been in the shitter. On the upside, Ill send you $100 for it and you would only have to ship it a few miles away, nothing to worry about!Quote:
Nope.post #28415 of 299776/28/16 at 8:22pmpost #28416 of 299776/28/16 at 8:30pm
So I bought an entire Polk Audio system today. Powered sub, center channel, 2 standing ginormo speakers, and 2 smaller surround speakers. The center channel and the standing speakers are both matching woodgrain and the sub/surround speakers are black. If you were me, would you part them out or attempt to sell it all together on craigslist or letgo? It seemed really simple as I had the buying high, but now it's starting to intimidate me.post #28417 of 299776/28/16 at 8:36pmpost #28418 of 299776/28/16 at 8:38pmpost #28419 of 299776/28/16 at 8:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by dad2bandm
Called them tonight. For now I must wait but they claim that on July 2nd [after 5 days...you guys are right] if lady hasn't shipped by then for me to call them and they'll close in my favour if nothing changes, as they said they can't guarantee return shipping from USA to Canada...
Lady messaged me via Ebay tonight and claims Ebay sent her notice that they will send her return shipping label on the 30th? So I don't know. She says it's ready to ship otherwise.
I didn't respond. I think I'll just wait to see what transpires and if tracking info is not updated by then call Ebay to close it hopefully like I was told. Assuming she's stating what she was actually told, the info seems conflicting.post #28420 of 299776/28/16 at 8:45pmpost #28421 of 299776/28/16 at 8:45pmpost #28422 of 299776/28/16 at 8:53pmpost #28423 of 299776/28/16 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dang, I'm sorry you've had shitty luck man. Truly. That blows. But don't send that to China unless theres exceptional feedback there. Only cause your luck has been in the shitter. On the upside, Ill send you $100 for it and you would only have to ship it a few miles away, nothing to worry about!
Eh it happens, there's nothing I can do about it now so not worth letting it bother me anymore. The buyer interested in purchasing the LP vest only has 44 feedback (100% positive - 30 of which are within the last 6 months or so).Quote:
So I shouldn't even go through GSP, if I can convince them to go that route instead of UPS/Federation?post #28424 of 299776/28/16 at 9:06pmpost #28425 of 299776/28/16 at 9:12pmQuote:
I am a very lenient seller. I will ship First Class International all over the world with a few exceptions. However, there is only one country in the world that is blocked from bidding on my items. Yep, you guessed it... China. I shipped three things over there in my early days of selling. Two were "lost" and one was received "heavily damaged and unusable". I don't have time for that shit.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...