or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1890

post #28336 of 30441

Block this clown: brneyedguy2010

 

False claims about shoe condition to get free return. Second return on this particular pair, but, oddly enough, the first buyer that they didn't fit had no problem with the condition.

post #28337 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Block this clown: brneyedguy2010

 

False claims about shoe condition to get free return. Second return on this particular pair, but, oddly enough, the first buyer that they didn't fit had no problem with the condition.

 

 

Frankly, should be banned solely for choice of avatar... from the internet society.

post #28338 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

@SpooPoker

Was transferred to their high value claims specialist who stated that it's not clear cut buyers remorse as they selected does not seem authentic as the reason. eBay employee went on to say that their comments below are irrelevant to the return request reason. So I'm going to send a message asking the buyer asking if Cartier told them they were not authentic - depending on their response I can then use that as support for my buyers remorse request...

So the saga continues - going to try calling eBay again...

Just got the following message from the buyer...

"Hello, I contacted you regarding the glasses and indicated that the Cartier boutique in Canoga Park indicated that authentic buffalo templed cartier glasses have "horn" embossed on one of the inner temples. The pair that you provided does not and I'm not willing to pay $900 for an unauthentic pair of glasses. We referenced this initially regarding the authenticity and you assured me there would be no problems, that you had spoken with Cartier since you weren't the original owner, and based on your positive reviews I wouldn't have a problem. However, you have made no attempt to communicate with me regarding this matter. I've attached an image of an authentic pair of buffalo Cartier C decors whereby you can clearly see the image "natural horn" embossed on the inner temple. I would like a refund, and if I continue to not hear from you I shall contact Ebay directly with my complaint. Thank you for your attention to this matter."

Really hope eBay closes this one in my favor, then immediately blocking this buyer... This buyer just submitted the return request yesterday...
post #28339 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

So the saga continues - going to try calling eBay again...

Just got the following message from the buyer...

"Hello, I contacted you regarding the glasses and indicated that the Cartier boutique in Canoga Park indicated that authentic buffalo templed cartier glasses have "horn" embossed on one of the inner temples. The pair that you provided does not and I'm not willing to pay $900 for an unauthentic pair of glasses. We referenced this initially regarding the authenticity and you assured me there would be no problems, that you had spoken with Cartier since you weren't the original owner, and based on your positive reviews I wouldn't have a problem. However, you have made no attempt to communicate with me regarding this matter. I've attached an image of an authentic pair of buffalo Cartier C decors whereby you can clearly see the image "natural horn" embossed on the inner temple. I would like a refund, and if I continue to not hear from you I shall contact Ebay directly with my complaint. Thank you for your attention to this matter."

Really hope eBay closes this one in my favor, then immediately blocking this buyer... This buyer just submitted the return request yesterday...

Do you have a solid way to disprove his claim on authenticity?
post #28340 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post

Today, I've had my first Ebay "case" opened against me...


...
"Buyer requested
A refund


Comments
i need my money please"
 
Figures.  I'm going to message him, and see if they respond with anything I can use.  Like ask him, if the address info he provided is correct, or has changed.  Remind them I shipped this out at end of Apr., so wondering why I didn't hear anything back from them, on my messages to them.
...

After writing this person who opened the "not received" case against me, asking why it took so long to hear from them, and asking them to confirm if address was changed, out of the blue they closed the case saying "ok".

What the heck?
Glad I don't have to deal with that now.
post #28341 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Do you have a solid way to disprove his claim on authenticity?
Not pushing any buttons but I looked at the listing and I am tempted to side with your buyer. There more than five obvious things I see that i would call these fake.
post #28342 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post


Not pushing any buttons but I looked at the listing and I am tempted to side with your buyer. There more than five obvious things I see that i would call these fake.

Like what?

post #28343 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

Like what?

1.No cartier logo on both arms.

2.No serial number on bridge but consisting of 2 numbers not 7 numbers. Pic 9

3.Right side hinge logo off center sits high and slants. It should be blank and flat I thought only on left temple hinge was cartier engraved not both. The arm also looks like it was over cut and not flush with hinge. Pic 11


4.No arm length on right side. Pic 11

5.Cutouts on lenses for bridge look cheaply done. One sits all the way in and the other all the way out. Pic 9

6.Gold cartier nose pieces on silver frames. Pic 9

7.Can't see logo on lens (maybe just pictures).

8.Logo on left hinge looks to be not in cursive but gaps between letters. Pic 10

These are just the things I noticed right away. I may be wrong but overall the whole package is questionable to me. To many things just don't look right for carriers quality. The two things that really stand out are the lens cuts and the lack of branding on arms.
post #28344 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Do you have a solid way to disprove his claim on authenticity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Not pushing any buttons but I looked at the listing and I am tempted to side with your buyer. There more than five obvious things I see that i would call these fake.

Here's the thing, the buyer took them to Cartier - and failed to mention anything about them not being authentic Cartier glasses - just arguing that they're not made of horn (buyer even said they were told by Cartier that "they were very nice").

The person whom agreed that they were made of buffalo horn/are legit, is a good family friend who owns likely the largest group of eyewear stores in NY, if not the entire north east, and has been in the business ~30 years - so I trust their opinion.

To your two main points above:
- Cartier plaque/inlay is on both arm ends
- You have a valid point about the cuts not being clean - I have not been able to find a pair with the same set of Cartier interlocked C logos on the lenses to compare (maybe they're replacement/aftermarket?)

Back to the return reason itself - the buyer doesn't mention anything about authenticity in their comments, only issues with size (which was provided in the auction) and "This pair does not have horn embossed on either of the inner temple" which I very clearly state in my description with the following blurb referencing my contact above who "confirmed they also believe they were made of horn, however the arms are not marked as such".
post #28345 of 30441

Can I get some ideas on a listing title for these gucci full strap loafers? I was going to work in the Chisel-toe monk strap but they're not actually monks.

 

size 6.5.

 

 

merci.

post #28346 of 30441
To your two main points above:
- Cartier plaque/inlay is on both arm

- You have a valid point about the cuts not being clean - I have not been able to find a pair with the same set of Cartier interlocked C logos on the lenses to compare (maybe they're replacement/aftermarket?) ANOTHER GOOD POINT.

Back to the return reason itself - the buyer doesn't mention anything about authenticity in their comments, only issues with size.


I must be confused then. When I read this part of your last message I took this as him saying there not authentic.

The pair that you provided does not and I'm not willing to pay $900 for an unauthentic pair of glasses.

It's on you to prove him wrong.Is this family friend of yours a cartier dealer? Will he put it on letterhead stating there authentic.
post #28347 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

To your two main points above:
- Cartier plaque/inlay is on both arm

- You have a valid point about the cuts not being clean - I have not been able to find a pair with the same set of Cartier interlocked C logos on the lenses to compare (maybe they're replacement/aftermarket?) ANOTHER GOOD POINT.

Back to the return reason itself - the buyer doesn't mention anything about authenticity in their comments, only issues with size.


I must be confused then. When I read this part of your last message I took this as him saying there not authentic.

The pair that you provided does not and I'm not willing to pay $900 for an unauthentic pair of glasses.

It's on you to prove him wrong.Is this family friend of yours a cartier dealer? Will he put it on letterhead stating there authentic.

The reason stated in the return details is the following:

"Reason
Doesn't seem authentic

Comments
Too small and took item to Cartier Boutique in Topanga Plaza in Canoga Park was informed horn frames have horn embossed on one of the temples. This pair does not have horn embossed on either of the inner temple"

So to the first half of their comment (too small), I've clearly providing sizing measurements in the listing title (and they're on the nose bridge). The second part "This pair does not have horn embossed..." I very clearly stated in my auction description that "I've shown them to a local Cartier Authorized Dealer who confirmed they also believe they were made of horn, however the arms are not marked as such". I could ask them to put it on letterhead if necessary, but at this point I don't know if I'll have enough turnaround time to get a message to them, have one of their employees type it up on letterhead/and have it signed by EoD... Guess I'll give calling them eBay one more shot, otherwise guess I'm stuck taking them back.

Is there anyway to protect myself if they're damaged when I get them back?
Edited by bpk1 - 6/23/16 at 11:55am
post #28348 of 30441
Ya you can open a case against them if they come back damaged or not in the same condition. I've done it and won. Hard part is its your word against his with you both having similar statements from people. If ebay doesnt he can always go through paypal and those are even more of a pain to prove.The only way I think Ebay would side with you is good solid proof like a receipt.
post #28349 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Ya you can open a case against them if they come back damaged or not in the same condition. I've done it and won. Hard part is its your word against his with you both having similar statements from people. If ebay doesnt he can always go through paypal and those are even more of a pain to prove.The only way I think Ebay would side with you is good solid proof like a receipt.

Just spoke to a second eBay high value claims specialist - got basically the same answer. Does not matter what they list/write out in the comments section, as soon as they select "Doesn't seem authentic" we basically have to accept the return.

My follow up question to the eBay specialist - what protection do we as sellers have that they aren't damaged when returned? They basically said it's part of selling online and a risk that we accept as sellers... Are you KIDDING ME? Alright, so then they won't mind that I bill them for the ~$500 value differential when I get back a pair of sunglasses with scratched lens'... that seems fair..
post #28350 of 30441

I have just been hit with asshole buyers lately.  I had two leave negative feedback.   One bought a suit and then almost immeadiately was complaining that he hadn't received it.  I decided it was just better to refund the whole amount as he was clearly very upset.   Then, he nails with me negative feedback.   Then, another buyer left negative feedback because he said the shoes were a D width and not a Medium as the listing said.  I emailed him and explained that D is medium and the two terms were synonymous.  

 

Now, two MORE buyers have requested returns.  

 

One said the sole was dirty and he said I didn't show a picture of the sole.  I did.   Then, another one just opened a return. 

 

 

Here is the listing: 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172238254745?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

 

I said in the description "Pre-owned But good vintage condition with creasing on the vamps and a minor signs of wear such as a few nicks and bumps. No major cracks or holes."

 

I think the pictures also show the creasing.  

 

These last two returns were for sales of 20.99 and $24.50 respectively.  I usually don't mess with selling shoes that cheap, but I had bought both pair a while ago and just wanted to get rid of them.  

 

I'm sure I will lose if I force the issue.  Should I just bite the bullet and refund them?  I certainly don't need more negative feedback! 

 

  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions