or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1887

post #28291 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post

Thought I'd give a follow up post about the Allen Edmonds polo shell shoes I found a a while ago.

They started out looking like this:



Somebody had slathered them in black polish. As suggested by a couple people, I bought a bottle of sapphir Reno mat, and after 2 hours and the entire bottle, the shoes were left looking like this:

 

Dear god why?

post #28292 of 30457
I left it, but it was right when the store was closing, so I could go back in the morning and grab it if it's anything.
post #28293 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

 
According to 18 USC 1702: "Whoever takes any letter, postal card, or package out of any post office or any authorized depository for mail matter, or from any letter or mail carrier, or which has been in any post office or authorized depository, or in the custody of any letter or mail carrier, before it has been delivered to the person to whom it was directed, with design to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."


 
 Don't throw it away, either take it to your neighbors house or put it back in your mail with "Wrong Address" on it.


I wasn't going to throw it away.  I know the law against tampering with mail.  But I believe its also technically illegal to deliver mail on your own.  There was a story awhile back about how some kid got in trouble for walking letters up from the roadside mailboxes to the houses of the people to which they belonged as a good deed.  Not that I think it would have happened in my case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

 

This is a no-brainer. You should immediately take it to the other person's house. Even if this neighbor has a nasty attitude toward everyone, it's the right thing to do and, therefore, the only option that should be considered in this matter. If the neighbor is not home, leave it in a conspicuous location so that they will see it upon their return.

Anyway problem solved.  Someone from the post office came to the house today looking for the package about an hour before I was going to walk it over.  So I gave it to them.  

Good to see this was resolved but if it hadnt I would have taken it to the neighbors and attached a little note saying you think it was accidently left and you wanted to find it the right home without admitting too much.
Although I never received a parcel on accident, our house is the first stop on our mailmans loop. We get extra mail all the time and have to go out delivering a lot.
post #28294 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post

Anybody recognize this signature?








So I recently picked up a piece of art and tried to do some research on the signature to no avail. It was confusing to me because it's an original oil on canvas and definitely looks like it would be something but no luck. Pretty baffling. Seeing this painting piqued my interest because I was pretty sure that's a Renoir painting but obviously someone else's signature. I did some digging and found there are services that will have an artist replicate a famous painting (or any painting, I'm sure) on canvas for you. Below is a link to one of these services and you will find that painting down a ways in the Impressionist category. So the signature is from whichever artist painted it that worked for one of these services. Good to know for the next time I find a rad painting with mysterious signature.

http://www.artsheaven.com/impressionism-oil-painting-reproductions-all.html
post #28295 of 30457
Damn dude, nice work!!
post #28296 of 30457

I've had three disasters in a row on Ebay for the past month. Bought 3 different suits, from 3 different sellers, all advertised as "very good", "excellent", "9/10" condition. Every damn suit had extensive dry-cleaning sheen all over, alt felt like garbage despite high-quality fabrics.(due to the pressing/dry clean damage) Obviously work suits that have been handed to thrift shops or goodwill, rather than the trash bin. I'm so, so tired of these clueless Ebay flippers. 

 

But rant aside, have anyone tried the paypal return shipping refund program? I'm an international buyer, and return shipping is quite expensive, so the program looks perfect, even if it only covers $30 (better than nothing). 

post #28297 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View PostSharer

 

But rant aside, have anyone tried the paypal return shipping refund program? I'm an international buyer, and return shipping is quite expensive, so the program looks perfect, even if it only covers $30 (better than nothing). 


Where are you shipping to?

post #28298 of 30457

News from home - better off selling on eBay...

post #28299 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post

I've had three disasters in a row on Ebay for the past month. Bought 3 different suits, from 3 different sellers, all advertised as "very good", "excellent", "9/10" condition. Every damn suit had extensive dry-cleaning sheen all over, alt felt like garbage despite high-quality fabrics.(due to the pressing/dry clean damage) Obviously work suits that have been handed to thrift shops or goodwill, rather than the trash bin. I'm so, so tired of these clueless Ebay flippers. 

But rant aside, have anyone tried the paypal return shipping refund program? I'm an international buyer, and return shipping is quite expensive, so the program looks perfect, even if it only covers $30 (better than nothing). 
+1 just returned a gorgeous staple navy Barbera by Partenopea suit that fit me perfectly because of the sheen. So frustrating.
post #28300 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

staple navy Barbera by Partenopea .

Pics of that label, or link? Ive never seen that.
post #28301 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Pics of that label, or link? Ive never seen that.

Sure, this guy right here.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131839300730
post #28302 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

Sure, this guy right here.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131839300730

No shit. LB is such a maker whore, I think he used every single factory in Italy to make suits. Its amazing that theres yet another one that I hadn't heard of.
post #28303 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

No shit. LB is such a maker whore, I think he used every single factory in Italy to make suits. Its amazing that theres yet another one that I hadn't heard of.
Haha yea, my first experience with Partenopea. I'm impressed.
post #28304 of 30457

@SpooPoker or anyone else, help with a title for this? Thanks.

 

post #28305 of 30457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post

@SpooPoker
 or anyone else, help with a title for this? Thanks.



Turnbull & Asser Made in England Foulard Twill Blue Red Target Geometric Silk Tie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions