As a buyer, buying blind without trying, the least I expect is a 30 second measurement.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 12/3/16 at 11:52am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1877post #28141 of 304416/8/16 at 7:28pmpost #28142 of 304416/8/16 at 7:32pmpost #28143 of 304416/8/16 at 7:34pmQuote:
I would suggest blocking that buyer, but that's just me.post #28144 of 304416/8/16 at 7:54pmQuote:
yeah, i feel the same way actually. i guess we both wouldn't be customers for these shirts. very interested in running a trial on the difference in sales with a large batch of listings that have shoulder and sleeve measurements too.Quote:
no, that is not. has an unpaid case been opened and closed each time? definitely block him.post #28145 of 304416/8/16 at 7:56pmpost #28146 of 304416/8/16 at 8:43pm
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but me, but I thought I'd share in case you weren't aware and are interested.
I have a Google spreadsheet organized by shirt/tie/suit/sport coat/etc. In those sheets, I have title, measurements, material, country, notes. I always write up the eBay title when I do measurements since the item is in front of me and I can get the most out of my keywords. I still manage to have half of my listings where the title is either 10 characters too short or 10 too long when I actually go in and list them. I figured out a way to know how many characters long my title is.
Here's a screen grab of some ties.
The number in Row G is the character count and it correlates to Row B.
The way you do it:
1. Click in an empty box that you want to correlate to the title box. (for the screen grab, it's G,510)
2. type: =len(column number and row number together with no spaces) - for the screengrab above, I typed: =len(B510)
3. hit enter. that will populate the character count. knowing eBay's limit is 80, you can then figure out where you're at and either add or delete and not have to worry about that when you go to list.
4. you can then click the box and then drag the little blue square at the bottom down as many rows as you want and it will auto-populate the corresponding row. (B511, B512, B513, et al)
Again, this may be common knowledge or not useful at all but it's been awesome for me. Thought it might help a couple people.post #28147 of 304416/8/16 at 8:55pmpost #28148 of 304416/9/16 at 4:34ampost #28149 of 304416/9/16 at 5:37ampost #28150 of 304416/9/16 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by drlivingston
That moment when you realize that instead of listing a pair of shoes to start at $9.99, you listed them with a $9.99 Buy It Now.
At least I get to give some lucky chap an e-thrift brag. lol
Robert's rules for healthy living #345: Laughing at your own mistakes is therapeutic.
Have done this as well although I find it even better when I once had a OBO in this type of situation and the guy offered for example $7.99 instead of using the BIN. Quickly declined and changed increased the price by 1000%, etc.post #28151 of 304416/9/16 at 6:21amQuote:
For whatever reason, this guy is already on my blocked list. I am not sure if I blocked him as a result of personal interaction, or if it was suggested by one of you guys.post #28152 of 304416/9/16 at 6:22amQuote:
Seems obvious to me, he clearly states that he destroyed it while opening it.post #28153 of 304416/9/16 at 6:24ampost #28154 of 304416/9/16 at 6:25ampost #28155 of 304416/9/16 at 6:27amQuote:
The rub is, some CSRs will lean on the first claim that the item was carelessly packaged. You may have to call a few more times until you get one that will side with you.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Is this polo hat real or fake? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 18 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 23 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 32 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 40 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway