Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 11/30/16 at 6:30am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1865post #27961 of 304275/26/16 at 12:37pmpost #27962 of 304275/26/16 at 1:04pmQuote:
- Buy your postage through eBay.
- Ship via USPS First Class International if the item is under, say, $100 and USPS Priority if it's above that amount. Both methods will get treated as Priority once they hit the border anyway and come with full tracking, regardless of what the USPS website says.
post #27963 of 304275/26/16 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
- Ship via FedEx, UPS, DHL, or any other courier service. The buyer will get hit with BS brokerage fees and have their item held hostage at the border
- Let the buyer talk you into putting a false value on the customs form. If you undervalue the item on the form you'll get screwed if you have to make a claim. It's also illegal.
Thank you all for the number of responses - really do appreciate all of your insight/help and suggestions. Ended up refunding, cancelling the order, and got FVF back. Sent out a second chance offer, which was not accepted by the next highest bidder, and rescheduled to run again starting tomorrow night!
In case anyone wants to add this guy to their blocklist, user ID is "tictimeofpasadena"... I can't be bothered to deal with buyers who place thousand dollar bids, without reading the description, or at the very least, looking at the photos, so they've earned a spot on the blocklist..post #27964 of 304275/26/16 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
In case anyone wants to add this guy to their blocklist, user ID is "tictimeofpasadena"... I can't be bothered to deal with buyers who place thousand dollar bids, without reading the description, or at the very least, looking at the photos, so they've earned a spot on the blocklist..
Should I gather the locals to egg and toilet paper his house?post #27965 of 304275/26/16 at 10:06pm
Haha no, thanks though...
Not sure why you'd want to waist your time with bidders who don't take the time to look through the photos or read the description, regardless of the dollar figure involved... basically asking for returns/issues.post #27966 of 304275/26/16 at 10:50pmQuote:
You kind of got a handle on what it could bring now. Why not just toss it up for BIN OBO?post #27967 of 304275/27/16 at 4:56amQuote:
Please don't take this the wrong way.
Yes he was wrong to bid and not pay!
but he was going to pay over a thousand dollars for a beat up band, case, and face with a non Rolex movement. I'm not surprised he didn't pay.
I'm wondering how eBay would view it if he got the item and then claimed that it is not an authentic Rolex and is a counterfeit due to the movement not being Rolex (that's a large part of what makes it a Rolex). Even though you disclosed it, I wonder how that would be handled under ebay's policies. You can't sell fakes even if you say its a re pro. (I know there's ways around it and it only counts with trademarks in clothing and furniture)
I would just part it out. Or just sell it as a case and band.post #27968 of 304275/27/16 at 5:02ampost #27969 of 304275/27/16 at 2:50pm
Paid up for these (but still well under 10%). I briefly thought I could somehow rock these, but that was a terrible idea.
What sort of demand is out there for these? Is it domestic demand? East coast or West? I looked on eBay, but the only thing I was seeing was some "best offer accepted" and I have no idea what that number was.
Givenchy NWOT Black Jeans w/ Lambskin accent, zippered legs, etc.post #27970 of 304275/28/16 at 1:02ampost #27971 of 304275/28/16 at 1:05ampost #27972 of 304275/28/16 at 7:36amQuote:
I wouldn't, if these bother you just add an auto reject price. I have seen a guy go from 25% of my asking price to 75% with his 3 offers and I accepted. I read any messages I get and ignore any with stupid offers, but once in awhile I get a hey I would buy that for $20 off a $200 item...post #27973 of 304275/28/16 at 8:05amQuote:
I may, depending on what happens with the current bidder... back to having a bid at $999.99 as of right now... Good news is the current bidder has multiple vintage Omega's listed, so hopefully they've read the description and understand what they're getting.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231956115051?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649post #27974 of 304275/28/16 at 8:57ampost #27975 of 304275/28/16 at 12:42pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 21 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 28 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 31 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 39 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway