or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1846

post #27676 of 30503
Gotcha. We'll I'll just let it go then. Annoying but not worth the headache, oh well
post #27677 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo View Post
 

Depending on the height of the boots, you have a few options.

I use USPS for my shipping.  They offer a Priority box specific to shoes (sneakers, dress shoes, chukkas).  Ships by weight.  You would have to order them online or stop by your local office to see if they happen to have one.  https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3afree-shipping-supplies&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=free-shipping-supplies&productId=P_0_SHOEBOX

 

@thefastlife i have these USPS shoe boxes and i haven't seen a single box of men's shoes that will fit, personally. i use them for shoes without boxes and they're great for that.

 

honestly what i did last time was use thick cardboard from old boxes and just wrapped the box with it. If you measure and cut carefully this works surprisingly well, and no comments from the post office or from my buyers.

post #27678 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo View Post

Depending on the height of the boots, you have a few options.
I use USPS for my shipping.  They offer a Priority box specific to shoes (sneakers, dress shoes, chukkas).  Ships by weight.  You would have to order them online or stop by your local office to see if they happen to have one.  https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3afree-shipping-supplies&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=free-shipping-supplies&productId=P_0_SHOEBOX

They also have a taller sized boxes that are Flat Rate - Medium or Large.  These could fit some taller boots like AE Daltons.  https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3afree-shipping-supplies&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=free-shipping-supplies&productId=P_O_FRB1

Haven't dealt with anything taller like hunting, cowboy, etc.  so I can't offer any insight on how to ship those.

Thanks but these are in their respective shoe box
post #27679 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post

@thefastlife
 i have these USPS shoe boxes and i haven't seen a single box of men's shoes that will fit, personally. i use them for shoes without boxes and they're great for that.

honestly what i did last time was use thick cardboard from old boxes and just wrapped the box with it. If you measure and cut carefully this works surprisingly well, and no comments from the post office or from my buyers.

Thanks!

Could always do FedEx too I guess
post #27680 of 30503
i assume this is fake? No content tags. And $125 seems pretty low retail for Gucci.




post #27681 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

Thanks!

Could always do FedEx too I guess

I buy 5 of the 16x12x10 boxes from Staples that have the score lines on them, which make them easy to cut down to make them smaller. When cut to smallest size they're a bit larger than a box for shoes. Have also shipped boots and other larger / bulkier items in them. Good to have on hand, and cheaper when you buy 5 at a time.
post #27682 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post

i assume this is fake? No content tags. And $125 seems pretty low retail for Gucci.




Wow that's a terrible fake
post #27683 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

I buy 5 of the 16x12x10 boxes from Staples that have the score lines on them, which make them easy to cut down to make them smaller. When cut to smallest size they're a bit larger than a box for shoes. Have also shipped boots and other larger / bulkier items in them. Good to have on hand, and cheaper when you buy 5 at a time.
^^This!! Staples scored 16" boxes are awesome. I buy the aforementioned 16x12x10 that will accommodate most shoe boxes. And I buy the scored 16x16x16 that works perfectly for most square-ish boot boxes.
post #27684 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

I buy 5 of the 16x12x10 boxes from Staples that have the score lines on them, which make them easy to cut down to make them smaller. When cut to smallest size they're a bit larger than a box for shoes. Have also shipped boots and other larger / bulkier items in them. Good to have on hand, and cheaper when you buy 5 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

^^This!! Staples scored 16" boxes are awesome. I buy the aforementioned 16x12x10 that will accommodate most shoe boxes. And I buy the scored 16x16x16 that works perfectly for most square-ish boot boxes.

Love you dudes thanks
post #27685 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

I buy 5 of the 16x12x10 boxes from Staples that have the score lines on them, which make them easy to cut down to make them smaller. When cut to smallest size they're a bit larger than a box for shoes. Have also shipped boots and other larger / bulkier items in them. Good to have on hand, and cheaper when you buy 5 at a time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

^^This!! Staples scored 16" boxes are awesome. I buy the aforementioned 16x12x10 that will accommodate most shoe boxes. And I buy the scored 16x16x16 that works perfectly for most square-ish boot boxes.


Ok I'm an idiot. Where do I cut this 16x16x16?

I see the perforations but do I cut down the sides of the box or elsewhere?
post #27686 of 30503
Down the corners bruh

Edit: the perforations are the new fold lines
post #27687 of 30503
Hi guys,

I am an occasional eBay buyer (but an avid reader of this thread). I was trying to contact the seller of this item but eBay requires (softly) an item number to be included. Where can I find the number on this listing? It's embarrassing but I can't figure it out...

Or, to shortcut it if anyone knows this: would this jacket have lined sleeves?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Luigi-Bianchi-Mantova-100-wool-Olive-Herringbone-sportcoat-38R-NWT/131771061997?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Dc77b2e41e55e4f1dbcba403cca195eb8%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131771061997%26clkid%3D5147447529764152191&_qi=RTM2247625
post #27688 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Hi guys,

I am an occasional eBay buyer (but an avid reader of this thread). I was trying to contact the seller of this item but eBay requires (softly) an item number to be included. Where can I find the number on this listing? It's embarrassing but I can't figure it out...

Or, to shortcut it if anyone knows this: would this jacket have lined sleeves?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Luigi-Bianchi-Mantova-100-wool-Olive-Herringbone-sportcoat-38R-NWT/131771061997?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Dc77b2e41e55e4f1dbcba403cca195eb8%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131771061997%26clkid%3D5147447529764152191&_qi=RTM2247625

post #27689 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Hi guys,

I am an occasional eBay buyer (but an avid reader of this thread). I was trying to contact the seller of this item but eBay requires (softly) an item number to be included. Where can I find the number on this listing? It's embarrassing but I can't figure it out...

Or, to shortcut it if anyone knows this: would this jacket have lined sleeves?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Luigi-Bianchi-Mantova-100-wool-Olive-Herringbone-sportcoat-38R-NWT/131771061997?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Dc77b2e41e55e4f1dbcba403cca195eb8%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131771061997%26clkid%3D5147447529764152191&_qi=RTM2247625

Alternatively, on mobile, click the "Show more" just above the Item Description and the item number will be the last piece of information in that section.

post #27690 of 30503
Thanks guys!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions