or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 185

post #2761 of 14111
Interesting. So by opening a case with eBay myself, it preempts the buyer from doing it. This creates leverage for me?
post #2762 of 14111
Just take them back. You will lose. it possibly happened in shipping. If you expect negative feedback already, feel free to stiff the buyer on return shipping since that isn't technically your responsibility.
post #2763 of 14111

Hate to play devils advocate....but this is likely what he is referring to....which is still complete bullshit. Just a natural leather "wrinkle". How embarassing to wear them in that condition. Everyone will be pointing and laughing.

 

BTW the side wall numbering clearly says "FD" which of course means Factory Defect....so there could be a loophole based on your pics alone. I wish you had PMed me that pic when we were talking about them. I would have warned you on that one. The defects are typically somewhat hard to spot, because the standards were so high in the "Age of US Footwear Quality"

 

 

I wouldn't do 50%, take them back and sell them for more....you thought you undersold them anyway IIRC.


Edited by capnwes - 3/28/13 at 9:59am
post #2764 of 14111
I'd have responded "They are pebble-grained leather. There are SUPPOSED to be indented lines all over the shoe."

devil.gif
post #2765 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

BTW the side wall numbering clearly says "FD" which of course means Factory Defect....so there could be a loophole based on your pics alone. I wish you had PMed me that pic when we were talking about them. I would have warned you on that one. The defects are typically somewhat hard to spot, because the standards were so high in the "Age of US Footwear Quality" Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I wouldn't do 50%, take them back and sell them for more....you thought you undersold them anyway IIRC.

with the sidewall pictured, clearly showing the FD, and the guy so knowledgeable about factory defects (I would have missed it and just worn the shoe...) doesn't he have an argument that the buyer got exactly what was sold?

But I agree with Cap: save yourself trouble, take them back and sell for more.
post #2766 of 14111

Recently upgraded my eBay store to the Premium Subscription. Is anyone using the Selling Manager Pro Inventory feature? Trying to figure out how to make it useful for me.

post #2767 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

with the sidewall pictured, clearly showing the FD, and the guy so knowledgeable about factory defects (I would have missed it and just worn the shoe...) doesn't he have an argument that the buyer got exactly what was sold?

But I agree with Cap: save yourself trouble, take them back and sell for more.

I've already done it. In good conscience I had to after hearing Yoda's...errr...Wes' clarification.
post #2768 of 14111
Selling question - do you guys stop listing tweed over the summer? I would think the prime selling time would be early fall through (maybe) early spring.
post #2769 of 14111
This one's for HansDerHund and the others who use Garagesale. I think Hans was asking what to do with those auction templates that pile up. Here's what I did.

I did some listings today and spent some time organizing. Under My Templates I have a bunch of folders, one for each category I sell. One for Shoes, one for Suits, one for Sweaters, etc. I have a single template in each one. Just a representative listing.

Then I have two more folders. One for Current Auctions and One for Relisting.

So today I worked on current listings. I made a duplicate of a representative template - say one for Shoes. I dragged it into Current Auctions and customized for what I was listing. If I listed a second pair I just made a copy of the copy and used that. I suppose if you always listed Hermes ties (Spoo?) you could get more focused and have a Hermes tie template - less to change in that case.

I'll list these Sunday. Once the auctions close or resolve I'll delete Sold items and move relists into the Relist folder. That way I can keep the Current Auctions folder free for items I'm geting ready to list for the first time.
post #2770 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

If I listed a second pair I just made a copy of the copy and used that. I suppose if you always listed Hermes ties (Spoo?)

I have templates for each category - tie, mens shoes, womens shoes, etc. which I just duplicate and modify as needed. I use the "delete auctions after 90 days" setting in GS to not tie up space on the hard drive.

example :

post #2771 of 14111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

This one's for HansDerHund and the others who use Garagesale. I think Hans was asking what to do with those auction templates that pile up. Here's what I did.

I did some listings today and spent some time organizing. Under My Templates I have a bunch of folders, one for each category I sell. One for Shoes, one for Suits, one for Sweaters, etc. I have a single template in each one. Just a representative listing.

Then I have two more folders. One for Current Auctions and One for Relisting.

So today I worked on current listings. I made a duplicate of a representative template - say one for Shoes. I dragged it into Current Auctions and customized for what I was listing. If I listed a second pair I just made a copy of the copy and used that. I suppose if you always listed Hermes ties (Spoo?) you could get more focused and have a Hermes tie template - less to change in that case.

I'll list these Sunday. Once the auctions close or resolve I'll delete Sold items and move relists into the Relist folder. That way I can keep the Current Auctions folder free for items I'm geting ready to list for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I have templates for each category - tie, mens shoes, womens shoes, etc. which I just duplicate and modify as needed. I use the "delete auctions after 90 days" setting in GS to not tie up space on the hard drive.

example :


Thank you both, this is really information that I've needed. I'm still trying to best utilize GS in order to cut down on wasted time.

I have general categories for items: jackets, shirts, pants, ties, etc. However, I'm never sure when I can delete ended auctions or used templates. I would like to delete things as soon as it's over, but I'm not sure that's prudent. For example, I will duplicate my tie template to create a listing. That listing then appears in the auction. When the auction ends, can I safely delete both or should I keep it around for a little while?

I've also gotten a bit lazy when it comes to one-off items, such as womenswear. I will simply duplicate a template and change the category and be done with it. I suppose if there is a long-term need for something, it will eventually find its place, but I should really just take the time to create a template for all foreseeable items.

I did figure out why my listing was scrolling from side to side....it was simply an error on the number of characters I had in one line. Before I had a business account, EU law suggests that you have a legal bit in your auctions stating that it's a private purchases from one individual to another and that there is no right to a return. Once you're a business account and operating as such, you're required to take certain returns so it's no longer applicable.

Thanks again and I really do like hearing more about how to best utilize the software!
post #2772 of 14111
Quick buyer Q-

Bought a shirt last night from a seller with few but all positive feedbacks. Auction ended in the middle of the night and I woke up to an auction won notice, an invoice email, and a shipping update email. No Paypal receipt email or anything (since I was asleep and all). However, when I try to pay the invoice, eBay keeps telling me that it has been paid via Paypal and the item has apparently already been shipped to my default shipping address. Yet, there is no activity in my PayPal account.

Did the item get marked as paid because the seller decided to print a shipping label before getting paid? Or, should I be changing all of my passwords?
post #2773 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

Quick buyer Q-

Bought a shirt last night from a seller with few but all positive feedbacks. Auction ended in the middle of the night and I woke up to an auction won notice, an invoice email, and a shipping update email. No Paypal receipt email or anything (since I was asleep and all). However, when I try to pay the invoice, eBay keeps telling me that it has been paid via Paypal and the item has apparently already been shipped to my default shipping address. Yet, there is no activity in my PayPal account.

Did the item get marked as paid because the seller decided to print a shipping label before getting paid? Or, should I be changing all of my passwords?

When you look in your my eBay purchase history, does that item have the "$" sign bolded? Or does it say "payment was made for this item on 3/30/13"?
post #2774 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


When you look in your my eBay purchase history, does that item have the "$" sign bolded? Or does it say "payment was made for this item on 3/30/13"?

 

Thanks Spoo! Q answered.

post #2775 of 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

This one's for HansDerHund and the others who use Garagesale. I think Hans was asking what to do with those auction templates that pile up. Here's what I did.

I did some listings today and spent some time organizing. Under My Templates I have a bunch of folders, one for each category I sell. One for Shoes, one for Suits, one for Sweaters, etc. I have a single template in each one. Just a representative listing.

Then I have two more folders. One for Current Auctions and One for Relisting.

So today I worked on current listings. I made a duplicate of a representative template - say one for Shoes. I dragged it into Current Auctions and customized for what I was listing. If I listed a second pair I just made a copy of the copy and used that. I suppose if you always listed Hermes ties (Spoo?) you could get more focused and have a Hermes tie template - less to change in that case.

I'll list these Sunday. Once the auctions close or resolve I'll delete Sold items and move relists into the Relist folder. That way I can keep the Current Auctions folder free for items I'm geting ready to list for the first time.


If you are relisting, I would directly relist from eBay because you get eBay relist credits when you relist the same item for the second time. . Relisting from GS, eBay will charge you for the relist. This really doesn't matter if you are only using the monthly 50 free listings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions