Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 12/3/16 at 11:52am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1824post #27346 of 304984/7/16 at 2:26pmpost #27347 of 304984/7/16 at 3:43pmpost #27348 of 304984/7/16 at 3:58pm
Waits until an unpaid item case is open. Then pays only to avoid negative impact of having an unpaid item case closed against him. Then requests cancellation, creating even more extra work for me than if he'd requested the cancellation two days ago.post #27349 of 304984/7/16 at 4:45pmpost #27350 of 304984/7/16 at 5:36pmpost #27351 of 304984/7/16 at 7:41pmpost #27352 of 304984/7/16 at 7:42pmQuote:
If he knew what he was doing, he would have requested the cancellation right away. Annoying, but not malicious IMO, and a nice note.post #27353 of 304984/7/16 at 9:11pmpost #27354 of 304984/7/16 at 10:29pmpost #27355 of 304984/7/16 at 10:34pmQuote:
I think of myself as a hobby seller with a hobby that makes a little butter and egg money on the side. I have two other gigs that each generate more money than my eBay. I have neither the time nor patience to deal with morons. I have done everything I can to gear my listings and selling strategy toward people who know what they are doing and buying and away from nimrods. My auto-block settings are cranked as high as eBay will allow. If I get an offer from a buyer with FB under 10, I ignore the offer; if the buyer has left any FB for others that indicates they are a PITA, I reject the offer and BBL them automatically. Crappy offers from fussy buyers is like an early warning system for the BBL.post #27356 of 304984/7/16 at 10:43pmQuote:
both knit (gren is a weave). usually knit ties are squared off (it's sort of the natural way to finish them) so you might highlight the tipping on the zig zag one.post #27357 of 304984/8/16 at 5:22ampost #27358 of 304984/8/16 at 6:32amQuote:
I'd suggest you use a tape and measure. If you aren't the original owner, there could be any number of completed alterations or irregularities that cause it to measure differently from the measurements listed on the manufacturer's webpage. Even if you are the original owner, the buyer will want to know the length to which the pants were hemmed (I'm assuming when you say 2 piece you're talking about a 2-piece suit).post #27359 of 304984/8/16 at 6:42am
I had a bunch of mid-range shirts that I was just trying to get rid of. Some BB slim fit, Tyrwhitt Slim fit etc... Some of them I removed from my closet to sell after upgrading. One was a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt slim fit 17/35. I didn't measure anything, just took a few pictures and priced it low with no returns. Now this guy is trying a return because something is wrong. That the shirts are seconds or counterfeit.
"This item did not fit when it arrived, despite the fact that I own a number of other Tyrwhitt 17/35 shirts. I just received new shirts from Tyrwhitt yesterday and compared one to this shirt -- the sleeve on the shirt you sold me is almost 2 shorter than an authentic 17/35 shirt. This is either a second or counterfeit. I d like a refund. Thanks!"
These are my terms "No Returns Accepted. No Proof of Authenticity - Sold Based on Photos In Listing. Pre-owned items might show evidence of prior wear. Sold per tag size. Measurements are only a guide. Shipped to paypal verified address only."
Do I have any recourse here?post #27360 of 304984/8/16 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by dadjeans
I'd suggest you use a tape and measure. If you aren't the original owner, there could be any number of completed alterations or irregularities that cause it to measure differently from the measurements listed on the manufacturer's webpage. Even if you are the original owner, the buyer will want to know the length to which the pants were hemmed (I'm assuming when you say 2 piece you're talking about a 2-piece suit).
It's a new Susu suit that has not been hemmed or altered, still new in box.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...