or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1819

post #27271 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace Guy View Post
Subnav  

Hey guys, I just recently sold my first few items a few weeks ago. Ebay tells me that my fund won't be available immediately due to being a new seller blah blah blah. It is now past the date that Ebay told me that my fund will be available, but I still don't see it in my Paypal account. Should I be contacting Ebay for this or wait a bit longer?


Hmm if I remember well you should be able to see the funds but they should be frozen (you cant withdraw or spend them)

post #27272 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylexchangemtl View Post
 


Hmm if I remember well you should be able to see the funds but they should be frozen (you cant withdraw or spend them)


I think it has more to do with when the item arrives and making sure the buyer doesn't file a claim so there may be a few day buffer.  @Versace Guy you should see the funds soon.  After a few successful transactions, lower priced items will show up immediately

post #27273 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post


My Maltese is 10 years old, and still likes to sit on my feet when I'm at my desk.  I also end up sitting there longer so as not to disturb him.  smile.gif
Here he is waiting for me to sit down so he can lay on my feet...



I have the same desk from RH (mine is the long version). I use it for both photos and my computer.
post #27274 of 30461

I was looking at some jackets today and ran across this picture from one of the big sellers on the bay. A safety pin to show the double vent? I stopped looking at that point.

 

post #27275 of 30461
Message the seller and tell him to stop doing that.
post #27276 of 30461

Had a jacket listed at a fair BIN price (no offer) with 10+ watchers. Got a message from a buyer saying he's a poor grad student and could I give him a discount? I'm a grad student myself so out of solidarity I reply with an offer of 20% less, which he accepts and pays immediately. On a lark, I google his name and find out he's a full professor in a STEM field.

post #27277 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

Had a jacket listed at a fair BIN price (no offer) with 10+ watchers. Got a message from a buyer saying he's a poor grad student and could I give him a discount? I'm a grad student myself so out of solidarity I reply with an offer of 20% less, which he accepts and pays immediately. On a lark, I google his name and find out he's a full professor in a STEM field.

I hate the 'poor student' thing anyway. I had one message me asking for an Isaia sport coat for $30. My view is that if you're in college, you don't really have a reason to own Isaia anyway. If clothes are your hobby, then cool, find a way to afford it.

post #27278 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post
 

I hate the 'poor student' thing anyway. I had one message me asking for an Isaia sport coat for $30. My view is that if you're in college, you don't really have a reason to own Isaia anyway. If clothes are your hobby, then cool, find a way to afford it.

Those people get absurd counter offers from me just to show them how insanely illogical there common sense is. Also ask them if you can in exchange come to their work and have them do their job for you for 10% their pay, if you get someone using a teacher excuse or something.

post #27279 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 

I was looking at some jackets today and ran across this picture from one of the big sellers on the bay. A safety pin to show the double vent? I stopped looking at that point.

 

 

What's even funnier and stupider is that he can't figure out how to get the whiteout affect for the background of his gallery shot, so if you look at the photos closely you can clearly tell he had that thing Maximized in Photoshop and is just sitting at his computer scrubbing away with the little eraser tool haha

post #27280 of 30461
Anyone know when eBay is supposed to fix the free shipping glitch? Had it for up again yesterday afternoon, person sent me a screenshot showing it said free shipping on his end
post #27281 of 30461

2 sets of raw photos... still annoying that even that I have full manual mode and and aperture set for all 18-55 range above the min and the brightness still changes when you zoom in from 30mm to 50mm for no good reason (main button and sleeve buttons). Have read it's due to it being a basic lens. Still happy with these as a baseline

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #27282 of 30461
@Brianpore, I have an L series zoom and still have that problem...
post #27283 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

@Brianpore, I have an L series zoom and still have that problem...

Do you know why that happens? Got a 60mm macro to try but really need more of a 45 but then I'm too close on the button pictures and block the flash....

post #27284 of 30461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Do you know why that happens? Got a 60mm macro to try but really need more of a 45 but then I'm too close on the button pictures and block the flash....

My understanding is a bit rusty, as it has been 16 years since I last took a photography class...

Aperture is expressed as a fraction, where the f is the diameter of the inside of the lens (the aperture). An f/1 lens would have no restriction on the amount of light coming through the lens.

An f/32 would be about the least light through the lens.

The reason for zoom lenses allowing less light in is that you are zooming in on a smaller lit surface area, thus giving yourself less light to work with. I don't know the formulas precisely, but I would assume that zooming from say 35mm to 70 would halve the light coming through the lenses, necessitating a full stop change in aperture or shutter speed to get the same lighting.
post #27285 of 30461

Has first class international shipping rates increased recently? I get a the same quote of $22.50 from a range of 10 ounces to 2 pounds. It appears to be standard for all countries.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions