or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1817

post #27241 of 30428

This is something new and amazing.  

 

I have found either the ballsiest ebay buyer or the dumbest.  

 

I sold a pair of Shoes a couple weeks ago.  The buyer sent me an offer and it was a good offer and I only had a few hours to go.  I decided at the last minute to take the bird in the hand instead of relisting.   I sent the buyer an invoice and nothing happened.  So, four days later a case is opened and he doesn't pay of course. So, I relist them for Buy it now for the same amount of his offer and someone buys them pretty quick and pays immediately.  

 

I got an email yesterday from a buyer saying, "I paid for these and its been two weeks!  Where are my shoes?"  I checked the recent listing quickly. He paid immediately and they shipped the next morning.   I checked the tracking and realized it has only been 3 days. Obviously, I was confused.   While I am trying to figure out how to respond, I get an email that a case has been opened because the buyer hasn't received them.  I was getting ready to write my response when I realize the buyer's ebay handle isn't the same. Then, I figured it out.  

 

The guy who was complaining about not receiving them and who also filed the case IS THE BUYER WHO NEVER PAID!   He has an unpaid item case filed against him and he is now complaining IN A CASE, that he hasn't received them!  

 

That's a pretty interesting scam.  

 

Step 1:  Buy item

Step 2:  Do not pay for item.

Step 3:  Ignore emails and ignore unpaid item case

Step 4.  Open new case because he hasn't received item!

 

The options for me to respond to the case were upload tracking, send a message, or refund the buyer!  

post #27242 of 30428
Definitely call eBay I'm not sure why the fuck eBay even allows 'buyers' to open a case for something that wasn't paid for...
post #27243 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

Have you checked PayPal to be certain they didn't pay? I actually had a situation last week where I opened an unpaid item case on an item showing as unpaid. Buyer responded saying that they had paid and provided the PayPal transaction ID. I checked and, sure enough, they had, but it never transmitted to eBay.

post #27244 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

Just nailed down my first local corporate client. 1300 items coming soon to my favorite Ebay store. :slayer:


Deets?!

post #27245 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Have you checked PayPal to be certain they didn't pay? I actually had a situation last week where I opened an unpaid item case on an item showing as unpaid. Buyer responded saying that they had paid and provided the PayPal transaction ID. I checked and, sure enough, they had, but it never transmitted to eBay.

Me too

post #27246 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post


Deets?!

I'll post up once I've got the goods in hand.
post #27247 of 30428

... All of my transactions above $100 have had a 21 day hold placed on them by Paypal for no apparent reason. Angry phone call inbound... 

post #27248 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

... All of my transactions above $100 have had a 21 day hold placed on them by Paypal for no apparent reason. Angry phone call inbound... 
At least your user name is perfect for this post biggrin.gif
post #27249 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


I'll post up once I've got the goods in hand.

Is the whale you bagged the guy who invented Crocs? 

post #27250 of 30428

If you guys really really want to maximize your work flow,  buy a Varidesk and a Topo Standing Mat.

 

Then if you feel like you want to throw all that speed right out the window....get a Puppy.

 

 

Who wants to work that hard anyway?

post #27251 of 30428
Folks who use QuickBooks... Does it allow you to track inventory and customize categories? I'm looking to upgrade my tracking system and want something I can use to easily create reports for specific consignors, or things I found at a specific thrift shop or a specific category of item. Suggestions are welcomed...
Edited by Fueco - 3/31/16 at 7:44am
post #27252 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

If you guys really really want to maximize your work flow,  buy a Varidesk and a Topo Standing Mat.

 

Then if you feel like you want to throw all that speed right out the window....get a Puppy.

 

 

Who wants to work that hard anyway?


Does your pup like to sit on your feet too? Mine love that and every time I need to move they give me a disgusted look like "What the hell? I was sleeping." So I end up sitting there for way longer because I feel bad waking them up :lol: 

post #27253 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post
 


Does your pup like to sit on your feet too? Mine love that and every time I need to move they give me a disgusted look like "What the hell? I was sleeping." So I end up sitting there for way longer because I feel bad waking them up :lol: 


My Maltese is 10 years old, and still likes to sit on my feet when I'm at my desk.  I also end up sitting there longer so as not to disturb him.  :)

Here he is waiting for me to sit down so he can lay on my feet...

 

post #27254 of 30428

Just a quick question re: Ebay unpaid item.

 

I ended up having to open an unpaid item case.  The "buyer" was at first emailing, saying they are paying "soon", and then "trying to figure out what is wrong with their card", then I stopped hearing from them altogether.  So I ended up opening unpaid item case, as I wanted to just cancel and relist item.  Ebay ended up closing the case, with an "unpaid item" tick against the buyer (apparently).  The case is now closed anyway.  My fee was reimbursed.

 

I've since relisted item, but noticed that I still have an "order" left in my "sold" list for this.  That order does state unpaid item, and a note about the "unpaid item case being closed", but how do I cancel that order, to get rid of it?  Whenever I try, it states there is an open case against it, even though the case is closed?  Anyone ever see that before?

post #27255 of 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Definitely call eBay I'm not sure why the fuck eBay even allows 'buyers' to open a case for something that wasn't paid for...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Have you checked PayPal to be certain they didn't pay? I actually had a situation last week where I opened an unpaid item case on an item showing as unpaid. Buyer responded saying that they had paid and provided the PayPal transaction ID. I checked and, sure enough, they had, but it never transmitted to eBay.

 

I called ebay.  I thought this would be easy to resolve.  The guy didn't pay had a case closed against him for not paying and then files a case because he hasn't received the item.  But, I had to explain it to two people before I was transferred and someone realized what I was talking about.   It was only when they read the response from the buyer admitting that he realized he hadn't paid that they realized what was going on.    At any rate, they closed it and it isn't an issue.  I wonder if this trick has worked with other sellers? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions