Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 1/21/17 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect for... Last post on 1/20/17 at 6:03am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1814post #27196 of 312213/27/16 at 5:45pmpost #27197 of 312213/27/16 at 6:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Speaking of teams of people... My wife helped me out with shipping this afternoon. We packaged and shipped 43 items mostly from auctions that ended yesterday. I'm changing all my older listings to auctions bit by bit. Another 200+ items are going to auction this weekend to end next weekend. Good times! I've shipped 50 sales since Friday morning.
@Fueco Are you seeing better results with Auctions compared to Buy It Now? (Higher prices, more sales?).post #27198 of 312213/27/16 at 6:23pmpost #27199 of 312213/27/16 at 7:39pmpost #27200 of 312213/27/16 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pierson v Post
@Fueco Are you seeing better results with Auctions compared to Buy It Now? (Higher prices, more sales?).
This is the first weekend of results, so I'm not really sure yet. Ask me in a month. I'm slowly transitioning most all of my non-consignment stuff to auction format. My results in the past would suggest that I do better with auctions in terms of sheer volume of sales.post #27201 of 312213/27/16 at 8:27pmIt's a little bizzare to me. I just had an item that failed to sell 3x at auction. (One of them was a non-paying buyer.) I relisted BINOBO ~30% higher to give head room for offers, and it sold for my asking price in less than 24 hours. Baffles the mind.
This week, I'm auctioning a BINOBO item that I didn't get any offers on in 30 days. St. John skirt suit. Not even a lowball. We will see how it goes.post #27202 of 312213/27/16 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine
Called eBay yet again (4th call), and the skinny is:
eBay refunded the buyer the full amount of $109.99. Since I already zeroed-out my PayPal account, they want me to xfer funds back into PayPal.
So, the buyer has the item as well as a refund from eBay, which eBay in turn will extract from me. If I don't have the funds in PayPal, they will add it to my monthly statement and get it that way.
The eBay rep said when they did away with hassle-free shipping, they also did away with any sort of eBay seller protections or coverage for this sort of issue (I didn't know they did away with hassle-free shipping, since I never used it).
eBay said that the tracking # from the buyer, showing that "something" has been sent to me and delivered, was sufficient proof that they returned the item.
They also said that the photos I uploaded, showing the item that was returned to me was different than what I sold, was not enough proof. The buyer would have to admit that they sent a different item back, and I have 30 days to somehow trick the buyer into admitting it - and if they did admit it - then the case would be reversed in my favor. I doubt a buyer who got to keep the item as well as get a refund is gonna admit to it...
So, yep, I got fucked on this one. The upside is that in my nearly 16 years on eBay, this is the first time it's happened.
Nonetheless, with eBay going to 30-day returns in order to keep TRS, I might just switch to a no return policy on everything.
Filed an IC3 complaint as well as a USPS mail fraud complaint...just because you should if you intend to claim it as a loss on your taxes, which I will. Maybe something will come from it, probably not. But it's on record. It was "only" $109.99, though with the refund that eBay will force me to pay it's $219.98 that I will be out in goods and money, and I refuse to take it passively. Will be calling their local police dept tomorrow as well, just for good measure. I refuse to be fucked.post #27203 of 312213/27/16 at 8:51pmpost #27204 of 312213/27/16 at 9:09pmQuote:
Brand ho is the way to go. Another one sold for $42, have one more left.post #27205 of 312213/27/16 at 9:13pm@TheNeedMachine
It's bs. I used to buy and sell a lot of magic the gathering cards on eBay and heard tons of horror stories of people getting empty envelopes, or photo copies, sent to them and not being able to get eBay to do anything because they had a delivered item and couldn't prove the cards weren't sent.post #27206 of 312213/27/16 at 9:19pmpost #27207 of 312213/27/16 at 9:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by jamesmkeart
It's bs. I used to buy and sell a lot of magic the gathering cards on eBay and heard tons of horror stories of people getting empty envelopes, or photo copies, sent to them and not being able to get eBay to do anything because they had a delivered item and couldn't prove the cards weren't sent.
That's pretty much how it is. Tracking proves delivery from the seller, and tracking proves return from the buyer. Whatever happens in-between is not their concern.post #27208 of 312213/28/16 at 5:15ampost #27209 of 312213/28/16 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Anyone have one of these double high Z racks or a rack where you can hang 2 sets of jackets without issue (36" of clear space I'm guessing for each section)? Any photos? Guessing need to get a 7' tall vs 6' tall one to do it right
Like this @ 80" of clear hand space ce space http://www.metropolitandisplay.com/5-foot-deluxe-professional-grade-double-rail-rolling-z-rack-chrome-black/
Yes, I have one in my office. It's fantastic. I bought 10" extenders, which gives you some extra room to hang stuff.
The additional rail:
https://www.barrdisplay.com/clothing-racks/rolling-racks/heavy-duty-z-rack/add-on-hangrail.htmlpost #27210 of 312213/28/16 at 9:48am
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Hackett mayfair light grey wool blazer new 51 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 26 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 28 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 34 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 36 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...