or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1807

post #27091 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanEyeAm View Post

Any advice on how to tell if a sport coat is a true three-roll-two lapel or a three-button jacket pressed differently for the picture on eBay? Certainly the button should be hidden, and I've read that characteristics of the roll itself can indicate full canvassing (thus a more natural roll without pressing). I don't really know what to look for, however. Your advice would be appreciated!

In addition to checking for the remnants of an old crease and the workmanship of the top buttonholes, you can also look at the pickstitching on the lapel. You will notice a difference on the right side (facing outwards for everyone to see) vs. the backside (facing inwards towards your body which no one can see). If the jacket was meant to be worn as a two button, the pickstitching will be noticeable outwards along the lapel all the way to the second button where it flips as the lapel flips so that it is still facing outwards along the edge of the jacket down all the way to the hem where the pickstitching usually ends.
post #27092 of 30503
Is this Samuelsohn tag older or newer than the script tag?


Edited by Van Veen - 3/20/16 at 3:00pm
post #27093 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
Subnav  

I'm just not having luck these days with wool/cashmere tags. :puzzled:

 


I dont have much experience with Cashmere made in china... how do you like the actual fabric yourself?

post #27094 of 30503

Anything seem off about this at all? Pair of RRL pants. No other labels at all. No content tag, no country, etc. 

 

post #27095 of 30503


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27096 of 30503
What would you do in this situation.

Buyer leaves positive feedback saying how wonderful item and service were.
Buyer opens return stating "didn't like item".
Buyer doesn't upload tracking information.
Four days later, buyer sends message stating something to the effect of "I see the jacket arrived yesterday. When should I expect my refund?"

I've received no indication from my mailing center that anything arrived yesterday. They're closed today, so soonest I can check would be tomorrow.
post #27097 of 30503
My daylight CFL lighting setup is making stains look WAY worse than they do in person. Barely noticeable stains look really bad in the photos. Any advice on how to tone it down? Is it an exposure issue? (I'm pretty sure my color temp is close to neutral since I set it off the white background.)

I'm not trying to hide the stains, but the photos make them look like deal breakers, when really they're stains you'd only notice looking very closely, especially under warmer indoor lighting.
post #27098 of 30503

Hey guys, quick question. Is USPS flat rate shipping the cheapest way to ship an item across USA?

post #27099 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace Guy View Post

Hey guys, quick question. Is USPS flat rate shipping the cheapest way to ship an item across USA?

Depends on weight. I think under a pound might still be cheaper with normal packaging.
post #27100 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace Guy View Post

Hey guys, quick question. Is USPS flat rate shipping the cheapest way to ship an item across USA?

Depends on weight and size. Expensive way to ship a tie, cheap way to ship a bulky jacket. Cheaper still is parcel post (or whatever they renamed it) for big heavy items, but can take a week+ to show up. Use the usps calculator.
post #27101 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

What would you do in this situation.

Buyer leaves positive feedback saying how wonderful item and service were.
Buyer opens return stating "didn't like item".
Buyer doesn't upload tracking information.
Four days later, buyer sends message stating something to the effect of "I see the jacket arrived yesterday. When should I expect my refund?"

I've received no indication from my mailing center that anything arrived yesterday. They're closed today, so soonest I can check would be tomorrow.

request tracking # from buyer, if he doesn't have it, and you don't have the item, there's nothing more to do and you're not liable for anything.

5 business days from return request date, if there's no tracking, call ebay and close the return. Even though they tell the buyer they have 5 days to ship it back, if you let it hang out, they can return the item weeks from now.  Once the return is closed, they can't leave feedback, they have no recourse unless you choose to work with them.  I usually give it a few extra days to not be a complete dick.  I forgot to do it on a BB shirt, overall time from purchase to me getting the item back was almost a month.

post #27102 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

request tracking # from buyer, if he doesn't have it, and you don't have the item, there's nothing more to do and you're not liable for anything.

5 business days from return request date, if there's no tracking, call ebay and close the return. Even though they tell the buyer they have 5 days to ship it back, if you let it hang out, they can return the item weeks from now.  Once the return is closed, they can't leave feedback, they have no recourse unless you choose to work with them.  I usually give it a few extra days to not be a complete dick.  I forgot to do it on a BB shirt, overall time from purchase to me getting the item back was almost a month.

 

 

I already don't have to worry about feedback, as he already left positive feedback. My concern is that he's trying to scam me/Ebay out of the money for the item. I feel like I need to approach this delicately to avoid losing any money out of pocket.

 

Certainly, I'm going to contact my mail center in the morning to find out if anything did come for me. If the jacket was/is returned, I'll certainly process the refund less restocking and shipping costs.

 

Part of me wonders what is up with people lately sending angry emails on the weekends asking where their refund is or why I haven't responded to their email. Don't people understand things like days off?

 

[/rant]

 

I'm in the midst of rebranding my online store and creating a stronger web presence. Maybe I'll finally put that web design degree to a use that will make some money for me... :D

post #27103 of 30503
Anybody having trouble printing shipping labels right now? (10:20pm PDT) I printed six of them just fine, and suddenly the last two get to the page that shows the label, but when I press "print", the print dialogue box never opens. Not sure if it's my machine or ebay or USPS, but it's happening on two different items.
post #27104 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

My daylight CFL lighting setup is making stains look WAY worse than they do in person. Barely noticeable stains look really bad in the photos. Any advice on how to tone it down? Is it an exposure issue? (I'm pretty sure my color temp is close to neutral since I set it off the white background.)

I'm not trying to hide the stains, but the photos make them look like deal breakers, when really they're stains you'd only notice looking very closely, especially under warmer indoor lighting.

The same thing usually happens to me. Sometimes I will play around with the photo, or try taking it from a different angle in order to accurately show how the stain looks in person. I never mess with my lighting, though.
post #27105 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

The same thing usually happens to me. Sometimes I will play around with the photo, or try taking it from a different angle in order to accurately show how the stain looks in person. I never mess with my lighting, though.

For this kind of thing, i found the iphone camera reflects most accurately the condition of the item
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions