or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1788

post #26806 of 30427

Not a tweed but a .....??? Not sure what to call this one.

 

post #26807 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Not a tweed but a .....??? Not sure what to call this one.


Faux-tweed? Is it worsted?
post #26808 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Not a tweed but a .....??? Not sure what to call this one.

Faux-tweed? Is it worsted?

Never heard of faux-tweed and not sure if worsted? It does not say "worsted"

post #26809 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Never heard of faux-tweed and not sure if worsted? It does not say "worsted"

I've heard it around in the WAYWRN thread to refer to worsted (smooth, usually suiting fabrics in a typical tweed texture or pattern) wools that are thinner and lighter weight.
post #26810 of 30427
..
Edited by Tradvocate - 2/28/16 at 10:40am
post #26811 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Not a tweed but a .....??? Not sure what to call this one.

 

twill and call it a day.

 

twill is any weaving pattern that results in a diagonal effect (as seen here).

 

btw, tweed is twill. tweed refers to the traditional woolen-spun scottish fabrics that we know and love, which are a kind of twill but through an accidental twist (haw haw!) of history, dialect and handwriting are known as tweed. 

post #26812 of 30427

@Fueco any idea how old this is? Or what to call it in a listing?

 

 

 

post #26813 of 30427

Does anyone know how PayPal's new "pay after you receive the item" feature affects eBay sellers?

post #26814 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post

Does anyone know how PayPal's new "pay after you receive the item" feature affects eBay sellers?

I haven't heard about that. I wouldn't send a thing out without getting paid first though. That's crazy.
post #26815 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

@Fueco
 any idea how old this is? Or what to call it in a listing?









OAF... Maybe late 80s or early 90s based on colors. Looks like a lightweight pullover anorak windbreaker to me.

Edit to add:
Fabric is a ripstop nylon. Colors definitely scream high school to me, so I'm thinking early 90s, somewhere in the '91-'94 range.
Edited by Fueco - 2/28/16 at 6:04pm
post #26816 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

Does anyone know how PayPal's new "pay after you receive the item" feature affects eBay sellers?

Wait, everything I'm reading about it is years old, is there new news?

post #26817 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post


I haven't heard about that. I wouldn't send a thing out without getting paid first though. That's crazy.

 

My thoughts exactly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Wait, everything I'm reading about it is years old, is there new news?

 

I received an e-mail from PayPal this week stating that I can activate a feature that gives me 14 days to pay for an item. This gives me a chance to receive it and send it back if something doesn't work out. I've recently purchased a few watches from individuals online and thought this might be a good thing for larger purchases, so I activated the feature. Today, I bought a small item on eBay and the payment notification states, "We'll withdraw $50.00 USD from your bank on March 13th, 2016. If you want, you can also pay right now." How does that work for the seller? Does PayPal just send them money and then charge me on March 13th?

post #26818 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post

I received an e-mail from PayPal this week stating that I can activate a feature that gives me 14 days to pay for an item. This gives me a chance to receive it and send it back if something doesn't work out. I've recently purchased a few watches from individuals online and thought this might be a good thing for larger purchases, so I activated the feature. Today, I bought a small item on eBay and the payment notification states, "We'll withdraw $50.00 USD from your bank on March 13th, 2016. If you want, you can also pay right now." How does that work for the seller? Does PayPal just send them money and then charge me on March 13th?

I would imagine that they must be charging interest or some sort of fee for effectively providing you with a form of short-term credit. Did they mention any fees/costs associated with choosing to pay on 3/13 instead of immediately?
post #26819 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post


I would imagine that they must be charging interest or some sort of fee for effectively providing you with a form of short-term credit. Did they mention any fees/costs associated with choosing to pay on 3/13 instead of immediately?

 

Nope, no interest charged. I guess I should have read all of the information before posting here:

 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/pad-get-pay

 

PayPal does, in fact, pay the seller. It's just a form of buyer protection. If there's an issue; the item is not as described, arrives damaged, et cetera, then I notify eBay and they step in. All of this, ideally, before the money leaves my bank account. The $50.00 is currently "pending" in my PayPal account.

post #26820 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post

I received an e-mail from PayPal this week stating that I can activate a feature that gives me 14 days to pay for an item. This gives me a chance to receive it and send it back if something doesn't work out. I've recently purchased a few watches from individuals online and thought this might be a good thing for larger purchases, so I activated the feature. Today, I bought a small item on eBay and the payment notification states, "We'll withdraw $50.00 USD from your bank on March 13th, 2016. If you want, you can also pay right now." How does that work for the seller? Does PayPal just send them money and then charge me on March 13th?

I would imagine that they must be charging interest or some sort of fee for effectively providing you with a form of short-term credit. Did they mention any fees/costs associated with choosing to pay on 3/13 instead of immediately?

 

^^^ 30 seconds before more :)

 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/pad-get-pay

You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.

Want to know more about Pay After Delivery? Below are some common FAQs that’ve come our way. See full list of FAQs

  • Is there a charge to use Pay After Delivery?
  • No, there’s no charge to use Pay After Delivery.
  • I don’t have a PayPal account. How can I Pay After Delivery?
  • First, create a PayPal account, if you don’t already have one. Then link and confirm your bank to start using Pay After Delivery.
  • Why do I need to link and confirm my bank account to use Pay After Delivery?
  • When you purchase an eligible item with Pay After Delivery, we pay the seller and withdraw the purchase amount from your linked bank account 14 days later.You’ll need to link and confirm a bank account to authorize us to do to so. Learn about additional benefits of paying with your bank account
  • Why don’t I see Pay After Delivery as a payment method when I check-out?
  • Not all purchases are eligible for Pay After Delivery. You’ll see the option to pay after delivery on the Review Your Information page during checkout for all eligible purchases.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions