or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1787

post #26791 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Seems like I have a buyer asking to cancel a sale every week. If $30 is going to make or brake your finances because of an "unexpected car repair," you should be spending that $30 in the first place.

not worth your trouble worrying/complaining about this.  normal course of business.

post #26792 of 30421
I dodged a bullet.  I get the feeling that this guy doesn't seem to make a habit of it, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.  He's on my block list.  Snippet of his last communication before leaving positive/negative feedback.
post #26793 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

not worth your trouble worrying/complaining about this.  normal course of business.

I like complaining, though...
post #26794 of 30421

Gents, I strongly advise you to block this doucherocket.  He sent a pair of Tom Ford shoes back to me despite my clearly stated "no returns" policy and then filed a false NAD case on PayPal which was automatically ruled in his favor not based on the merits of his case but on the fact that he provided tracking info on the box he sent back to me.  Forced return and I'm out fees etc.  Luckily my PayPal agent agreed with my argument and issued me a big credit, but still a huge headache.

 

 

post #26795 of 30421

You are better off just accepting returns, no matter how many time you say "no returns" eBay doesn't care. I've learned this the hard way as well. eBay forced my hand into just accepting returns more than once. 

post #26796 of 30421
Quote:
hello and thank you for the item. i received it exactly as described, however, when i took the jacked in for alterations, the tailor told me that this is not a genuine brooks brothers suit.

Since your sale line says brooks brothers, I'd just like to know if you have any comment on this?

$32.50 sale baldy[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

My draft response...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The suit is a vintage Brooks Brothers suit from around the 1970s. The neck label, internal label, construction, and styling are all consistent with Brooks Brothers suits of that era.

Please see the following resource for further information about Brooks Brothers labeling:
http://thriftygent.com/how-to-thrift-deciphering-brooks-brothers-labels/

What I really want to say...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO WASTE TIME FAKING A 1970s BROOKS BROTHERS SUIT?!??

Edited by Van Veen - 2/27/16 at 9:54am
post #26797 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

$32.50 sale baldy[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

My draft response...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The suit is a vintage Brooks Brothers suit from around the 1970s. The neck label, internal label, construction, and styling are all consistent with Brooks Brothers suits of that era.

Please see the following resource for further information about Brooks Brothers labeling:
http://thriftygent.com/how-to-thrift-deciphering-brooks-brothers-labels/

What I really want to say...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO WASTE TIME FAKING A 1970s BROOKS BROTHERS SUIT?!??
What you should say....
Find another tailor because that ones a fuckin moron
post #26798 of 30421

Has anyone else gotten negs or neutrals from buyers (without any previous contact), who then fail to reply to any attempt to communicate post-facto?  I've had a few of them lately and it's frustrating.  They're supposed to contact you before leaving anything but positive, but failing to do that AND refusing to answer afterward - my question is always, how can I make it right for you? - is really bugging me. :(

post #26799 of 30421
I'm having a difficult time finding info about these Levis. They are LVC, correct? Are these the 1978 model? Indigo dyed redline small e. Thanks for any help.






post #26800 of 30421

not LVC.

recent mainline Made In USA collection.

Cone selvedge denim. originally $200 retail. 

hope that helps.

post #26801 of 30421

 

LOL... This picture is in the listing. I will be fighting this return tooth and nail. :censored:

 

post #26802 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post




LOL... This picture is in the listing. I will be fighting this return tooth and nail. censored.gif


What a idiot the fuckin lining is rayon not the damn suit
post #26803 of 30421
Recently this thread has emerged to be my most favourite thread across SF - very entertaining, and to some extent educating
post #26804 of 30421

Damn Wes, front page of the PTO roundup again.  Are you supplying them with the dank tweed on the side or something?

post #26805 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

What a idiot the fuckin lining is rayon not the damn suit

Got a message from him in response to my message. He apologized profusely and said he will cancel the return. Sometimes taking the high road does work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions