or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1784

post #26746 of 30432

Got a message last night "Hi would you be willing to take (35%) off because I am not sure of my sizes and it may not fit?" I reply, this is not a Best Offer listing and it has been up 1 day, so I am not looking for offers. Also, I am very good at taking measurements and if mine don't match yours then you should not even think of buying it.

 

This morning I get a new one where he sent me his measurements and asked if they would fit the jacket. I actually checked and they wouldn't without major tailoring (which he said he was open too). I told him to save the money he would have spent tailoring it and buy a jacket that actually fits and he would be much happier. 

 

I think I would be much happier too, since this sounded like a return in the making.

post #26747 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post

I have a phone question and felt like this was the right thread because I think we all use our phones for ebay stuff at least to some extent. 

I have been an I-Phone user for quite a while.  I had an I-Phone 3, 3S, 4S, and a 5S.   I loved the I-Phone for everything EXCEPT I really hated the pictures I took with the 5S.  I know that no phone will take perfect pictures or as good as a Digital SLR (generally speaking).  But, I end up using my phone a lot because it is easy.  

My stepdaughter broke her phone (again!) and my contract had been up for a few months, so we decided to get new phones.  I was very hesitant to switch to an android phone because I am so used to the IPhone.   My other stepdaughter had a Samsung Galaxy and the pictures she took were SO MUCH BETTER than my I-phone that I started wondering about switching.   I did some research and the concensus was that the LG V10 took the best pictures.   So, I bit the bullet and made the switch just a few days ago.  I am already missing my I-Phone.  The Pictures from the V10 are MUCH better.  But, I just learned the I-Phone 6S and 6S Plus are a huge improvement in terms of the pictures as compared to the 5S.   I took two identical pictures with the 5S, 6S Plus, and my V10 and the V10 and 6S Plus were about equal.  It looks like the V10 has some additional features on the camera that can be adjusted for better pictures.  

I am in the window of time where I can return the V10 and get an S Plus.   

Has anyone made the switch from I-Phone to Android and actually liked it?  

Does anyone use an I-Phone 6S or 6S Plus for pictures and found that they are better than the 5S? 

Any advice is appreciated.  

I made the switch about 3 years ago and am happy. I did so mostly because I disagreed with some of apple's practices. I will say though that if you're heavily invested into apple's ecosystem (paid apps, iTunes music, movies etc) than you'll basically have to start over elsewhere. At the time android had way more functionality but I think apple has caught up for the most part and may have surpassed in some areas. My 2 cents
post #26748 of 30432
I once tried to switch from an Iphone 4s to an Android phone (cheaper version so not exactly orange to orange comparison) and it was a terrible mistake.

The iphone is just simplier and more user friendly imo
post #26749 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I have a phone question and felt like this was the right thread because I think we all use our phones for ebay stuff at least to some extent. 

 

I have been an I-Phone user for quite a while.  I had an I-Phone 3, 3S, 4S, and a 5S.   I loved the I-Phone for everything EXCEPT I really hated the pictures I took with the 5S.  I know that no phone will take perfect pictures or as good as a Digital SLR (generally speaking).  But, I end up using my phone a lot because it is easy.  

 

My stepdaughter broke her phone (again!) and my contract had been up for a few months, so we decided to get new phones.  I was very hesitant to switch to an android phone because I am so used to the IPhone.   My other stepdaughter had a Samsung Galaxy and the pictures she took were SO MUCH BETTER than my I-phone that I started wondering about switching.   I did some research and the concensus was that the LG V10 took the best pictures.   So, I bit the bullet and made the switch just a few days ago.  I am already missing my I-Phone.  The Pictures from the V10 are MUCH better.  But, I just learned the I-Phone 6S and 6S Plus are a huge improvement in terms of the pictures as compared to the 5S.   I took two identical pictures with the 5S, 6S Plus, and my V10 and the V10 and 6S Plus were about equal.  It looks like the V10 has some additional features on the camera that can be adjusted for better pictures.  

 

I am in the window of time where I can return the V10 and get an S Plus.   

 

Has anyone made the switch from I-Phone to Android and actually liked it?  

 

Does anyone use an I-Phone 6S or 6S Plus for pictures and found that they are better than the 5S? 

 

Any advice is appreciated.  

 

 

Unless you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I would switch. I found Android far more user friendly and I really disliked some of the Apple practices at the time. I haven't looked back at all. I also have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon and buy my phones used when I feel like getting a newer phone.

post #26750 of 30432

I tried switching from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S6 and hated it. I returned it and got an iPhone.

post #26751 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


I made the switch about 3 years ago and am happy. I did so mostly because I disagreed with some of apple's practices. I will say though that if you're heavily invested into apple's ecosystem (paid apps, iTunes music, movies etc) than you'll basically have to start over elsewhere. At the time android had way more functionality but I think apple has caught up for the most part and may have surpassed in some areas. My 2 cents

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

I once tried to switch from an Iphone 4s to an Android phone (cheaper version so not exactly orange to orange comparison) and it was a terrible mistake.

The iphone is just simplier and more user friendly imo

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob15 View Post
 

 

 

Unless you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I would switch. I found Android far more user friendly and I really disliked some of the Apple practices at the time. I haven't looked back at all. I also have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon and buy my phones used when I feel like getting a newer phone.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

I tried switching from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S6 and hated it. I returned it and got an iPhone.

 

 

I don't know if I am heavily invested in Apple.  But, my wife just got an IMac and with all the best-buy gift cards from the phone purchases, she bought an I-Pad.  It wouldn't normally matter what my wife has, but she is also my paralegal.  Her plan was to be able to sync the I-Mac, I-pad and her I-Phone to be able to use it for the legal work.  

 

I think that Android and Apple have done a good job of incorporating some of the better features into their respective products.  I know that I miss my i-phone, but I suspect that is really just because I am so used to it.  I think if i gave it a couple weeks, I would like the android.  But, if I wait that long, I will be out of the window of time to return and change back without any charge.  I'm also changing from At&t to verizon, but that's probably not a big deal.  

post #26752 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post





I don't know if I am heavily invested in Apple.  But, my wife just got an IMac and with all the best-buy gift cards from the phone purchases, she bought an I-Pad.  It wouldn't normally matter what my wife has, but she is also my paralegal.  Her plan was to be able to sync the I-Mac, I-pad and her I-Phone to be able to use it for the legal work.  

I think that Android and Apple have done a good job of incorporating some of the better features into their respective products.  I know that I miss my i-phone, but I suspect that is really just because I am so used to it.  I think if i gave it a couple weeks, I would like the android.  But, if I wait that long, I will be out of the window of time to return and change back without any charge.  I'm also changing from At&t to verizon, but that's probably not a big deal.  

There are other sync options like Dropbox or citrix but if you really miss your iPhone, I say go back. There's really no features not offered on either anymore.
post #26753 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know if I am heavily invested in Apple.  But, my wife just got an IMac and with all the best-buy gift cards from the phone purchases, she bought an I-Pad.  It wouldn't normally matter what my wife has, but she is also my paralegal.  Her plan was to be able to sync the I-Mac, I-pad and her I-Phone to be able to use it for the legal work.  

 

I think that Android and Apple have done a good job of incorporating some of the better features into their respective products.  I know that I miss my i-phone, but I suspect that is really just because I am so used to it.  I think if i gave it a couple weeks, I would like the android.  But, if I wait that long, I will be out of the window of time to return and change back without any charge.  I'm also changing from At&t to verizon, but that's probably not a big deal.  

As someone who did this about a year or so ago, you're making a very good decision.

post #26754 of 30432
I use an iPhone 6 for my pictures. As long as I have good light, it does fine. I skipped the 5S, but the camera on the 6 is better than the camera on my old 5.
post #26755 of 30432

I switched from iPhone to Android simply for the better eBay app. It's much easier to navigate on my Android phablet and much faster. I never talk on the phone so my whole reason for switching has to do with user-friendliness and size of screen. When it comes to eBay mobile, size matters.

post #26756 of 30432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

I use an iPhone 6 for my pictures. As long as I have good light, it does fine. I skipped the 5S, but the camera on the 6 is better than the camera on my old 5.


I jumped from a 4 to a 6. Likewise, I have no issues with the iPhone 6's camera.  It does a pretty good job for me.  I have a pretty nice digicam from about 3 years ago that takes really good pictures, but I don't bother with it anymore.

post #26757 of 30432

One of the most enjoyable aspects is taking photos of different items that come in on consignment vs the normal grind it out stuff.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #26758 of 30432

I don't think I've ever had a 1 or 0-feedback buyer that actually paid for their effing item. :fu:  
 

If I could add any feature to eBay, it'd be blocking 0 feedback buyers. Recently, they've accounted for ~10% of my sales... and none of them have paid. 

 

\rant

post #26759 of 30432
Seems like I have a buyer asking to cancel a sale every week. If $30 is going to make or brake your finances because of an "unexpected car repair," you should be spending that $30 in the first place.
post #26760 of 30432

Sent a coat to Italy through gsp, guy received the coat 2 or 3 days ago and now he says........

 

Dear Seller
I will double check , but it appears that the size "L" and the pit to pit dimension you wrote in your description ARE WRONG and the real pit to pit lenght instead to be 21 inches = 53,3 cm is 44 cm !!! this means that I cannot use it AT ALL 
could you pls tell how can be possible ?? what you plan to do before I'll decide to open a claim ?
THanks for a prompt answer

i know it's a 21" pit to pit because i wore it and measured it. if it was a 44cm pit to pit i wouldn't have been able to get it on or button it up.

plus it is tagged a Large.

I've asked him to send me a pic of the coat with a tape measure showing how he's measuring and he said that he would do it on friday evening, so i'm waiting but feeling not good about this.

any ideas? tips on what i should be doing?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions