or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1770

post #26536 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradvocate View Post

Ive tried nail polish remover, windex, alcohol, Mr. clean magic eraser and this is as good as I can remove this sharpie price. Is it time for fine sand paper or is there a miracle product out there that will remove the remnants of this marker/writing?

There are cleaning products made specifically to be used for the removal of ink, but they won't be able to penetrate that rubber well enough to make a difference I don't think. It honestly doesn't look that bad/isn't crazy noticeable. Sand paper or a comparable abrasive product will probably be your most effective bet though if you are not content as is, just rub away the layers the ink penetrated.

Just color it in a little with sharpie so it dosent look like a price, hit it with something to dull it out and call it a day. The rubber is porous and like @Jompso said you wont be able to get it out.

post #26537 of 30496
Thanks. Ill try a little sand papering and otherwise call it a day. Not like these are Alden shell anyways satisfied.gif
post #26538 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Anyone help with what this RG shirt says in a different language? Looks like the eiffel tower??

 

 

 

 

My foreign language skills are a little rusty. It looks like it says, T-E-E-K-S.

post #26539 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

My foreign language skills are a little rusty. It looks like it says, T-E-E-K-S.

Hah! Took me a minute...
post #26540 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

My foreign language skills are a little rusty. It looks like it says, T-E-E-K-S.

Quote of the day!
post #26541 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post


I actually started to do this as well, I read their questions but rarely answer them anymore. An hour after I list a BIN item and the guy offers me 65% of my asking price (even though I don't have OBO). I don't get mad, I just ignore the message. A long time ago I used to get all bulled up and reply back and forth and waste my time. This is just a hobby for me, I don't need the money, so I treat it as a hobby. I don't respond to requests about color, sizing, or asking for different measurements. Life has been much easier since then.

I ignore them most of the time, too, but learned a lesson today. Someone made me an offer through the auction at 45% of my listing price. It was their last offer, and I declined it without a counter. The person messaged me and asked what I was looking for, and increased his offer to 55% of the asking price. I responded and said that unfortunately we were pretty far apart. He came back with 70% of my price, and I said that we were much closer and I could do $X, which was 77% of my price. He agreed (and even requested I invoice him directly if I wanted). Sometimes it pays to feel the person out.
post #26542 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


I ignore them most of the time, too, but learned a lesson today. Someone made me an offer through the auction at 45% of my listing price. It was their last offer, and I declined it without a counter. The person messaged me and asked what I was looking for, and increased his offer to 55% of the asking price. I responded and said that unfortunately we were pretty far apart. He came back with 70% of my price, and I said that we were much closer and I could do $X, which was 77% of my price. He agreed (and even requested I invoice him directly if I wanted). Sometimes it pays to feel the person out.

 

I think that type of customer is way different.  A person who makes 3 offers, and then messages you with additional offers is clearly interested in purchasing, but he wants to save as much money as he can.  I have no issues with people like this.  Glad you were able to get a sale out of it!

post #26543 of 30496

Agreed, I've had similar experience with buyers looking to get my item for less. If it's been up for auction once without being bought I'll entertain offers, and often I've been pleasantly surprised with negotiations. 

post #26544 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanger87 View Post

I think that type of customer is way different.  A person who makes 3 offers, and then messages you with additional offers is clearly interested in purchasing, but he wants to save as much money as he can.  I have no issues with people like this.  Glad you were able to get a sale out of it!

This particular sale might be better put into perspective by using dollar amounts. The final selling price was $325 higher than his offer. Perhaps that better explains the unexpected nature of what I got out of responding to him. I wouldn't expect most buyers to make a jump from their third and final offer of $450 to $775.
post #26545 of 30496

Can't say I've ever sold anything that expensive, so I have no experience there, but yeah, that does seem pretty unusual.  I've rarely had any luck in getting sales out of lowballers.    

post #26546 of 30496

Anyone order supplies from USPS recently and experiencing delays?  I ordered boxes and bags over a week ago and nothing has come in yet.  Usually gets to my house within 3 days.

post #26547 of 30496
I ordered Tyveks on January 17th that still haven't shipped. I have gotten RR boxes and FR bubble mailers though.
post #26548 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo View Post
 

Anyone order supplies from USPS recently and experiencing delays?  I ordered boxes and bags over a week ago and nothing has come in yet.  Usually gets to my house within 3 days.

 

 

I got a shipped notification yesterday for some things I ordered over a week ago. I try to order before I'm desperately in need of something. 

post #26549 of 30496

When your finger twitches and you accidentally bid 40 seconds too early.

 

 

post #26550 of 30496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 


I actually started to do this as well, I read their questions but rarely answer them anymore. An hour after I list a BIN item and the guy offers me 65% of my asking price (even though I don't have OBO). I don't get mad, I just ignore the message. A long time ago I used to get all bulled up and reply back and forth and waste my time. This is just a hobby for me, I don't need the money, so I treat it as a hobby. I don't respond to requests about color, sizing, or asking for different measurements. Life has been much easier since then.

precisely.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions