or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1763

post #26431 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post


Don't do it... avoid this like the plague.

This
post #26432 of 31048

Was checking out some estate sale listings when everyone's favorite buyer of hand me down, reject ties showed up.

 

post #26433 of 31048

Anyone familiar with this brand?  More importantly, the maker?

 

 

 

 

post #26434 of 31048

Regal was an American shoe maker that was around until probably the 70s/80s. They used to make some very nice shoes, but like most smaller American makers, their quality declined and they folded up. I've got a pair from the 50s, and have a few of their ads saved. Those boots look to be 60s/70s and pretty well constructed.

post #26435 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post


Don't do it... avoid this like the plague.

That's what I was thinking. Just felt uneasy about it.
post #26436 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Was checking out some estate sale listings when everyone's favorite buyer of hand me down, reject ties showed up.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #26437 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











Thank you! I knew the buyer being referred to, but without remembering the eBay username I couldn't make sense out of the screenshot.
post #26438 of 31048
Someone was bitching about USPS recently... well, FedEx decided to deliver my label printer to "address other than recipient." It was signed for by "RROB." I don't know any Robs. I have my fingers crossed that it's the new person in my building that I never met.

I live in the inner city, not some white picket fence middle class suburb. My former neighbor across the street was a drug dealer. (He got arrested for siccing his dogs on someone.) There used to be a guy living in his car on my street until it caught fire because he left a lit cigarette in it. As I've said before, my parking lot is a meeting spot for prostitutes.

Hopefully the package turns up. I'm not hopeful.
post #26439 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormonopoly View Post
 

Regal was an American shoe maker that was around until probably the 70s/80s. They used to make some very nice shoes, but like most smaller American makers, their quality declined and they folded up. I've got a pair from the 50s, and have a few of their ads saved. Those boots look to be 60s/70s and pretty well constructed.


The boots in question are made in England.

post #26440 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormonopoly View Post
 

Regal was an American shoe maker that was around until probably the 70s/80s. They used to make some very nice shoes, but like most smaller American makers, their quality declined and they folded up. I've got a pair from the 50s, and have a few of their ads saved. Those boots look to be 60s/70s and pretty well constructed.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


The boots in question are made in England.

 

The only luck I've had looking for them is a Regal/Bathing Ape collaboration, through a Japanese site.  My guess is that a Japanese company owns the brand now, but they are still manufactured in England.  Anyone recognize the writing on the inside?  I'm guessing Regal doesn't actually make their own shoes.

post #26441 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Someone was bitching about USPS recently... well, FedEx decided to deliver my label printer to "address other than recipient." It was signed for by "RROB." I don't know any Robs. I have my fingers crossed that it's the new person in my building that I never met.

I live in the inner city, not some white picket fence middle class suburb. My former neighbor across the street was a drug dealer. (He got arrested for siccing his dogs on someone.) There used to be a guy living in his car on my street until it caught fire because he left a lit cigarette in it. As I've said before, my parking lot is a meeting spot for prostitutes.

Hopefully the package turns up. I'm not hopeful.

i wanna come over your house
post #26442 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post

You don't have to give him a refund. Since you shipped to the address provided you'll be covered if an eBay case gets opened. PayPal will more than likely side with you too if you haven't gotten the item back and there's no proof that it was returned to your address.

You're probably best to get in touch with USPS to find out what the hold up with returning the package is and send the buyer a message to let them know you still don't have the package back. Regardless, you're under no obligation to return his money.

My post office called to say they'd get in touch with the Palo Alto post office and see if the package ever got on its way. Lo and behold, there it was, all beat to hell, at the bottom of my staircase today.

So how do I go about charging the buyer for the 2nd shipment back to him, now that he's updated his address? Anyone ever do something like this?
post #26443 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain View Post

My post office called to say they'd get in touch with the Palo Alto post office and see if the package ever got on its way. Lo and behold, there it was, all beat to hell, at the bottom of my staircase today.

So how do I go about charging the buyer for the 2nd shipment back to him, now that he's updated his address? Anyone ever do something like this?
I've been down that road, I sent invoice through PayPal for the cost of shipping
post #26444 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain View Post


My post office called to say they'd get in touch with the Palo Alto post office and see if the package ever got on its way. Lo and behold, there it was, all beat to hell, at the bottom of my staircase today.

So how do I go about charging the buyer for the 2nd shipment back to him, now that he's updated his address? Anyone ever do something like this?

 

Yeah - I've direct PayPal invoiced with the extra shipping charges added.  You have their email address now, so you can do that if you want.

post #26445 of 31048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain View Post

My post office called to say they'd get in touch with the Palo Alto post office and see if the package ever got on its way. Lo and behold, there it was, all beat to hell, at the bottom of my staircase today.

So how do I go about charging the buyer for the 2nd shipment back to him, now that he's updated his address? Anyone ever do something like this?

Pretty sure you can send an invoice to the buyer for the extra shipping through PayPal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions