or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1760

post #26386 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post

I bought these orphans for $10 each, to resell. Will I be ok? Or should I return them?














Return for sure. Classico has zero market, I have a pristine super 150s suit in staple solid gray that has just been sitting for months, vintage armani won't move because it's dated looking, and ebay is absolutely saturated with it, and the black label one you have isn't the recent Vestimenta tag, so that'll sit forever too because moving solid brown is hard, moving solid brown Armani orphans that aren't newest models, is harder.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I would have passed.

+1

post #26387 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilack View Post

Avoid people paying with PayPal have had issues with them before! A lot of scammers use this method of purchasing and then canceling!

 

Dude.  What are you talking about?  I think 99.9% of us that sell on ebay take Paypal and there are folks on this forum that have sold literally MILLIONS on ebay taking Paypal.  

 

You have to be trolling us and damn if I didn't bite! 

post #26388 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

Dude.  What are you talking about?  I think 99.9% of us that sell on ebay take Paypal and there are folks on this forum that have sold literally MILLIONS on ebay taking Paypal.  

 

You have to be trolling us and damn if I didn't bite! 

He means directly through paypal, without eBay there as a transaction regulator, an off the books type deal. Sellers can get fucked cuz PayPal has loopholes that allows buyers who know how to take advantage of them, to make certain claims, that result in a direct refund of their money, voiding the transaction, possibly freezing or tying up your account for up to 48 hours, and at the end of it all, wind up with the shit you sent them for free.

post #26389 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

He means directly through paypal, without eBay there as a transaction regulator, an off the books type deal. Sellers can get fucked cuz PayPal has loopholes that allows buyers who know how to take advantage of them, to make certain claims, that result in a direct refund of their money, voiding the transaction, possibly freezing or tying up your account for up to 48 hours, and at the end of it all, wind up with the shit you sent them for free.

 

Are you sure that's what he meant?  His post didn't say anything about buyers using paypal but avoiding ebay.  I agree with you that is a bad idea.  Especially for those who sell on ebay for a business.  Its a bad idea to skirt the rules and try to scam ebay out of their cut.   I read his odd message as just don't take Paypal at all-- which is ludicrous as we all know. 

post #26390 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

Are you sure that's what he meant?  His post didn't say anything about buyers using paypal but avoiding ebay.  I agree with you that is a bad idea.  Especially for those who sell on ebay for a business.  Its a bad idea to skirt the rules and try to scam ebay out of their cut.   I read his odd message as just don't take Paypal at all-- which is ludicrous as we all know. 

Yea because he states the loophole right in his post. Buyers can cancel transactions via Paypal after the goods have been sent and through a certain loophole in their system, get their money back for the transaction and get whatever they bought for free. In no way could his statement make sense in application with eBays transaction rules and regulations, first the seller is the only one who can cancel an eBay transaction, never the buyer, the buyer can request a cancellation but the action has to be taken by the seller and secondly there's a claims process that needs to occur in order to repossess your transfered currency from the sellers account and eBay watches the whole thing and if they have to, they step in and make a final ruling, they'd never allow a loophole like that to exist but with paypal, it's just a means to transfer money to another person, there's no documented transactions, it's not a store, they are the middleman who takes a cut and doesn't give a shit about anything else.


Edited by Jompso - 2/4/16 at 4:35pm
post #26391 of 31081
@Jompso @vexco. Thanks, that's what I figured.
post #26392 of 31081

And yes if you sell a lot on eBay, don't ever do this but especially don't send a message to someone offering this option or accepting this option via a sellers request. You are directly violating ebays TOS policies and are now documented doing so which can really fuck your account up and possibly put a freeze on your ability to sell at all. As much as I hate eBay and their goddamn 10%, it's never worth it to try and skirt around it, cuz in the long run they can fuck you bad, cuz your entire business is in their hands, they want you to think you're in control, but you're not. They own your business and allow you to run it while they remain the silent partner collecting 10% of everything. 

post #26393 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

I get to leave eBay feedback for a fellow SFer. Trying to think of the weirdest thing I can say.

-"A+++ it fits my life size Macauley Culkin sculpture perfectly!"
-"wow! The buttons feel amazing when I rub them on my face skin!"
-"Thanks! I've already curled up and hid inside of the hoodie like a ferret and then jumped out and yelled 'boo' at my wife. She was like 'whhhhhaaaaat?!'"

Way too good of an opportunity to pass up. All credit to @My Main Man since I'm not nearly clever enough to come up with something better.

 

 

post #26394 of 31081

For the first time since I've been selling on eBay, I got a package returned to me for insufficient postage. I posted it at 4oz. I check it on my scale and it shows 4.6oz. Busted! You got me, USPS. This package went from KS to CA and back to KS because of a .15 -.20 shortage. FUCK ME

post #26395 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle View Post
 

More of a fun question than advice/information....

 

 

For a BIN/BO item I've received three inquiries from three different accounts with bad grammar saying that the item will be for their brother and I should discount it accordingly. Has anyone encountered this sentimental pandering? Any funny stories?

 

Alleged priests who run homes for men down on their luck, wanting a discount.  Guys allegedly working on oil rigs, wanting some oddball payment scheme.  Alleged service members asking for a discount (legit ones never will).  Guys that only have $10 to spend on a $100 listing due to myriad reasons...and so on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall Jenner View Post
 

FUCK ME

 

Be right over.

post #26396 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post

It does. If you use the ebay bulk shipping tool it gives you an option to print the SCAN form along with the labels.

The PITA is that if you have a late payer, you can't generate a new SCAN form. I wish eBay had a tool to generate a SCAN form for all items with the same ship date.
post #26397 of 31081
So anyway, in this week's edition of newb seller play-by-play, I:
  • Buy GarageSale! Love it!
  • Buy a new portable ad-hoc lighting setup! (Clamp lights and daylight CFL.) Much easier to take photos now!
  • Open a basic eBay store! (Didn't realize all the additional tools you get with it.)
  • Buy a Dymo 450 Turbo! (Can't wait to get it so I don't have to burn through inkjet cartridges.)
  • Upgrade from an iPhone 4s (8gb) to 6s (64gb) with a $100 early upgrade discount! I will be able to use apps again! And hopefully send photos! And use Google Maps navigation without it crashing!
  • Wave bye-bye to my PayPal balance!
post #26398 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post

Way too good of an opportunity to pass up. All credit to @My Main Man
 since I'm not nearly clever enough to come up with something better.




I LOLED
post #26399 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post
 
  • Buy a Dymo 450 Turbo! (Can't wait to get it so I don't have to burn through inkjet cartridges.)

I am considering buying this myself. Any sample of how the Ebay label prints out?

post #26400 of 31081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotii View Post
 

Of course it matters.

 

Why did you have issues post sale on the shipping cost?  I would have never jumped through hoops for someone like that.  Shipping should have been clear pre-sale.  I rage when people ask for you to "ship it cheaper" post sale, always tell them I'm happy to cancel.

 

Also, capitalist brag:

Paid <$20 a couple weeks ago.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions