or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1749

post #26221 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post

Thanks @spoo
Will do. So I won't have to worry about this coming out of pocket however I may still have an unhappy buyer on my hands. Should I just be blunt/honest and say it's out of my hands?

Your call on what to do in terms of communication with the buyer after the fact, but if the tracking shows delivered, its pretty iron clad on the decision.
post #26222 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


2:  I'm curious as to the ratio of clean easy sales to problem customers you pros experience.

I get about 40% returns for fit on ebay shoe sales. Sell them on SF where the buyers typically know their size.
post #26223 of 30465
My return/problem rate is less than 1%, regardless of type of item.
post #26224 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


I get about 40% returns for fit on ebay shoe sales. Sell them on SF where the buyers typically know their size.

40% would make me rage.  

I have 2 NAD returns pending right now, they haven't shipped yet, but both are a case of the person not reading my measurements.  BTW, they have 5 business days to make the return, if it goes past 5 and there's no return tracking, call and have the return closed in your favor, they can't leave feedback.  For BS returns I usually call on day 6, for normal ppl, I usually contact them after a week, close at 2 weeks.

 

So, anyways block this dick, because of returns abuse "Posted as 40 L. It is longer than 40 L by 2 inches." First of all, WHAT? second, 2" where?

This is slightly less so, but still, read the listing. "These pants are quite a bit longer than the stated 34 inseam in the item tagline and are just too long for me. Id like to return them please. " Yep, they're tagged 34L, they are 36L, probably because they're selvage, and because they're 40W

post #26225 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

40% would make me rage.  

I have 2 NAD returns pending right now, they haven't shipped yet, but both are a case of the person not reading my measurements.  BTW, they have 5 business days to make the return, if it goes past 5 and there's no return tracking, call and have the return closed in your favor, they can't leave feedback.  For BS returns I usually call on day 6, for normal ppl, I usually contact them after a week, close at 2 weeks.

 

So, anyways block this dick, because of returns abuse "Posted as 40 L. It is longer than 40 L by 2 inches." First of all, WHAT? second, 2" where?

This is slightly less so, but still, read the listing. "These pants are quite a bit longer than the stated 34 inseam in the item tagline and are just too long for me. Id like to return them please. " Yep, they're tagged 34L, they are 36L, probably because they're selvage, and because they're 40W

 

Some people seriously don't have a clue about how clothing works.  This guy probably has his mom still doing his laundry.   People are growing up not knowing how o do the most basic of things.  

post #26226 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

My return/problem rate is less than 1%, regardless of type of item.

Sell a few dozen pairs of shoes on ebay with reasonable shipping charges, returns allowed, and no restocking fee.
post #26227 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


Sell a few dozen pairs of shoes on ebay with reasonable shipping charges, returns allowed, and no restocking fee.

 

Are you implying, that if I list those shoes on eBay, I should charge a restocking fee or else not allow returns?  I was considering not allowing returns anyway, since it seems people's ignorance of shoes is even greater than their ignorance of clothing.

post #26228 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Are you implying, that if I list those shoes on eBay, I should charge a restocking fee or else not allow returns?  I was considering not allowing returns anyway, since it seems people's ignorance of shoes is even greater than their ignorance of clothing.

I think he means that listing this way will increase the amount of returns you get...
post #26229 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Sell a few dozen pairs of shoes on ebay with reasonable shipping charges, returns allowed, and no restocking fee.

I've sold hundreds of pairs with returns allowed and a reasonable restocking fee.
post #26230 of 30465

First time crossing 1,600 live listings  :slayer:

post #26231 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


Sell a few dozen pairs of shoes on ebay with reasonable shipping charges, returns allowed, and no restocking fee.


I sell MANY dozens of used shoes on eBay with very reasonable shipping charges, no-hassle 14-day returns and zero restocking fee. Still, just like @Fueco, I see less than 1% of them returned.

post #26232 of 30465
Hmm, apparently both of you sell much more than I do and don't get returns. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26233 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


I sell MANY dozens of used shoes on eBay with very reasonable shipping charges, no-hassle 14-day returns and zero restocking fee. Still, just like @Fueco, I see less than 1% of them returned.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Hmm, apparently both of you sell much more than I do and don't get returns. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


First thanks for all the input everyone.  Hopefully, I will benefit from your advice.  Steve, maybe you just ran into a bad streak of luck; thats tough.  When you said 40% I think I went pale.  Dr. Livingston, one of the things you mentioned is something I'm a little concerned about.  If what I have was USED, I can see how people are more accepting, i.e. they know its going to have wear and not look perfect.  The shoes I'm planning on selling are basically new, with display "wear".  I'm concerned that even if I spell that out, people are going to expect something virgin-like.

 

But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I plan to start listing next week, we'll see how it goes.

post #26234 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Hmm, apparently both of you sell much more than I do and don't get returns. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Far as returns go, shoes are probably the most often returned items for me too. I don't get a lot - definitely way less than 40% - but maybe if you include something to the effect of "returns only if not as described - ensure that you purchase your correct size - items are sold per tagged size" etc might make folks double check before they buy.
post #26235 of 30465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post




First thanks for all the input everyone.  Hopefully, I will benefit from your advice.  Steve, maybe you just ran into a bad streak of luck; thats tough.  When you said 40% I think I went pale.  Dr. Livingston, one of the things you mentioned is something I'm a little concerned about.  If what I have was USED, I can see how people are more accepting, i.e. they know its going to have wear and not look perfect.  The shoes I'm planning on selling are basically new, with display "wear".  I'm concerned that even if I spell that out, people are going to expect something virgin-like.

But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I plan to start listing next week, we'll see how it goes.

No gamble no future, young man!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions