Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1745

post #26161 of 31918

I found this incredible Zanella Sport Coat.  It is New and not like any other I have seen.  I thought this would do really well on ebay.  

 

 

 

This thing is baller and is Cotton, Linen, and Rayon.  It has a super soft and smooth feel and has a third pocket (hacking pocket?  or Ticket Pocket?) and peak lapels.  

 

I was just getting ready to list it and it looks like they are selling for about $50.  

 

I really want more than that for it. Am I just dreaming that this should bring more than $50?  

post #26162 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I found this incredible Zanella Sport Coat.  It is New and not like any other I have seen.  I thought this would do really well on ebay.  

 

 

 

This thing is baller and is Cotton, Linen, and Rayon.  It has a super soft and smooth feel and has a third pocket (hacking pocket?  or Ticket Pocket?) and peak lapels.  

 

I was just getting ready to list it and it looks like they are selling for about $50.  

 

I really want more than that for it. Am I just dreaming that this should bring more than $50?  


That thing is pretty awesome, so I could see you getting more. There is nothing like it by Zanella on eBay either listed or sold, so shoot for the moon. Put it up for $250 OBO and see what happens.

post #26163 of 31918

Yeah, that pattern will probably make it move.

Someone had an etro jacket like that which had an even more awesome pattern and it moved for way more than they expected it to because people were buying it for the pattern first, brand second. Etro is definitely better than Zanella for SC's but that pattern is money.

 

Good pictures on a manny will help a lot as well. 

post #26164 of 31918
Looks like batik to me, no? Could be a good keyword to get it to move
post #26165 of 31918
Any advice on liquidating gift cards safely and for minimal fees? Have a digital $100 Apple Store code I want to turn into cash. (eBay doesn't allow digital gift cards.)
Edited by Van Veen - 1/27/16 at 9:36am
post #26166 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Any advice on liquidating gift cards safely and for minimal fees? Have a digital $100 Apple Store code I want to turn into cash. (eBay doesn't allow digital gift cards.)

 

Probably best to do within the forum here if someone's interested?

post #26167 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I found this incredible Zanella Sport Coat.  It is New and not like any other I have seen.  I thought this would do really well on ebay.  

 

 

 

 

This thing is baller and is Cotton, Linen, and Rayon.  It has a super soft and smooth feel and has a third pocket (hacking pocket?  or Ticket Pocket?) and peak lapels.  

 

I was just getting ready to list it and it looks like they are selling for about $50.  

 

I really want more than that for it. Am I just dreaming that this should bring more than $50?  

 

Is that a piss stain?

post #26168 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 

Is that a piss stain?

 

nope.  its New! Perfect.  

post #26169 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 

Is that a piss stain?

 

That would almost be impressive.

post #26170 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Any advice on liquidating gift cards safely and for minimal fees? Have a digital $100 Apple Store code I want to turn into cash. (eBay doesn't allow digital gift cards.)

Probably best to do within the forum here if someone's interested?
Marketplace?
post #26171 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 


That thing is pretty awesome, so I could see you getting more. There is nothing like it by Zanella on eBay either listed or sold, so shoot for the moon. Put it up for $250 OBO and see what happens.

 

I like your thinking.  That's exactly what I did!  Now, its wait and see! 

post #26172 of 31918

Some more measuring guides. I grabbed these off the HSM website when @jefferyd was head of design and wrote the blog. Very useful.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! These first 2 are reasonable guidelines for how much something can be altered. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

I don't personally do the half-back measurement and have never been asked for it.

 

 

I don't do the waist measurement from the back seam. I just lay it flat.

 

I don't do the sleeve inseam, but I have been asked for it. My alterations tailor always looks at that and knows off the top of his head the standard for every size jacket. "40S should be 15.5"

 

 

Again, questions come up about rise. I provide the outseam minus inseam for total rise, but occasionally am asked for front and back rise.

 

 

I dont do the seat or the knee.

 

never been asked either.

post #26173 of 31918
Scoundrel (I think) alert.

Sold a pair of shoes to a guy in Texas. I specify a three-day turnaround, but usually get things out quicker. This week, I didn't, and yesterday, the day before I had to get the shoes in the mail, I get a message from the guy: "Just confirming you got my email requesting change of address before you shipped."

Okay...

First off, the guy doesn't have my email address. Secondly, this was the first I'd heard from him, and a flag goes up, given that he waited until the last minute before getting in touch. He tells me he made a mistake while entering information into his eBay account and his shipping address is off by one digit. I recently had a different buyer ask me to ship to an address that wasn't a PayPal confirmed address and eBay said I was fine so long as the request to ship elsewhere was documented via messages, so I agreed to do it in this case as well, even though it cost me a few bucks more because I couldn't take advantage of the eBay shipping discount. So I ship the shoes this afternoon and get a message from this guy a couple hours later: "I sent the correct address to you 3 times and you still sent it to the incorrect address. May I ask why?"

How he determined what address I'd sent to, I don't know--I didn't know that was possible via USPS tracking. I'm pretty confident I'm covered, since I took a photograph of the package with the shipping address on it before I sent it off. I always do that if I have the slightest suspicion. Just sent him a message informing him, nicely, that the package went to the requested address and I took a picture.

One thing I did learn recently was that it is OK as per eBay to send to a non-verified address so long as there's documentation via correspondence.
post #26174 of 31918
Pnut - pretty sure he does have yr email address, or can just get it via the info request, since he bought from you. Otherwise, the address change sounds shifty and yeah you ship if ebay and paypal say it's OK to ship then you're covered. If either said "no seller coverage" then I don't ship.

If he's a My USPS member (I am), he'd get an email alert when something is coming to his address - that's all outside ebay / paypal and USPS just does it when it knows you, your address, and your email.
post #26175 of 31918
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Pnut - pretty sure he does have yr email address, or can just get it via the info request, since he bought from you. Otherwise, the address change sounds shifty and yeah you ship if ebay and paypal say it's OK to ship then you're covered. If either said "no seller coverage" then I don't ship.

If he's a My USPS member (I am), he'd get an email alert when something is coming to his address - that's all outside ebay / paypal and USPS just does it when it knows you, your address, and your email.

Thanks. Learn something new every day.I learned the hard way about shipping to unverified PP addresses a few years ago. Had my account frozen and got all kinds of nasty threats from PP. There was apparently some concern about fraud, which I never understood (and which PP refused to explain). I got the money from the buyer (transaction was outside eBay) and he got the goods and neither of us complained. He might have been involved in something weird that had nothing to do with me. I have no way of knowing. PP hung their hat on the fact that I shipped to an address that wasn't on his account. I ultimately convinced them I was innocent and even shamed them into giving me $30 for all the inconvenience and time spent on the phone, but it wasn't worth it. Even then, I never left money in my PP account and certainly won't do it now after that experience. If I had, they would have taken it and I never would have gotten it back, I suspect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions