Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect for... Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1738post #26056 of 311651/23/16 at 2:24ampost #26057 of 311651/23/16 at 6:17ampost #26058 of 311651/23/16 at 6:40amSo, several questions from the perspective of a buyer:
I bought something on January 10. Seller shipped via USPS first class and eBay estimated delivery by January 16. I contacted the seller 2 days ago to let him know that I had not yet received the item and learned that the seller did not track the package.
How much longer should I give this thing to arrive? And if/when I give up, do I request a refund through the seller or do I contact eBay/PayPal? Last question -- if I paid via eBay gift card with an expiration date of 1/22/16, does anybody know how/if I will actually receive a refund? Or should I just contact eBay directly?
Thanks guys!post #26059 of 311651/23/16 at 6:52ampost #26060 of 311651/23/16 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by drlivingston
Are you saying that the seller did not upload tracking information? I am not grasping "seller did not track the package". He was issued a tracking number.
First Class doesn't automatically come with tracking unless one creates the label through EBay. If you go through the Post Office, you pay extra for tracking.
I had a package recently that got stuck in the buyer's local PO. He ended having to put a trace on it there. It took about an extra week.post #26061 of 311651/23/16 at 6:55ampost #26062 of 311651/23/16 at 8:35amQuote:
You are at no risk in this transaction. The onus is on the seller to provide the merchandise to his/her buyer. If it doesn't arive, just open an item not received case.
For the sake of the seller I hope it arrives soon. Otherwise he's about to learn the hard way why sellers should always track items they sell on eBay.post #26063 of 311651/23/16 at 10:11ampost #26064 of 311651/23/16 at 10:47ampost #26065 of 311651/23/16 at 11:42amQuote:
I don't know about a 2nd account, but definitely get the debit card.
I have it tied to my amazon account so all supplies are charged on that too.
All purchases at thrifts that accept credit cards are automatically tracked in one place. A godaddy/outright account is also essential, but would can wait until you make enough to pay taxes. By that I mean, once you quit buying stuff you need to get started and inventory and convert inventory into cash. Even if you sell a bunch, you're probably gonna take a while to offset purchases. My first year (2013) I did it manually with excel and downloads from ebay and paypal, and manually reconciled the 2. Outright gives you a form. It also gives you all the detail, but it gives you the necessary tax forms, you make any adjustments to the base file and it updates everything else. 2014 with outright, it was MUCH easier.
Let's see, iphone, macbookpro, garagesale, tape, bags, lighting, camera, memory, hard drives to back up your photos and auctions, mileage, repairs, cleaning, alterations etc....... And some people take deductions for the part of their house dedicated to their ebay business and all related expenses.
Still, I hope you quickly get to the point where you're mainly bitching about how much tax you owe.post #26066 of 311651/23/16 at 11:45ampost #26067 of 311651/23/16 at 11:46ampost #26068 of 311651/23/16 at 11:57ampost #26069 of 311651/23/16 at 12:09pmpost #26070 of 311651/23/16 at 12:30pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Petition to President Donald J. Trump - bring back US shoe... 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...