or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1734

post #25996 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

 

Without question do this and you gotta make it part of your return policy, not just stated in the listing. If you're gonna accept them in general, especially 30 days, you gotta do this. Used clothing can be worn and just returned or purchased without care or thought with 30 days to return. 20% will make them at least be smarter and more concerned with their purchase.

 

Is this (bolded) only applicable to people with stores?

 

I occasionally sell things and state in the listing "no returns" but based on all of the experiences I've seen related here I'm sure I'd end up taking any return that was requested if it came to that.

post #25997 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaccio View Post
 

 

Is this (bolded) only applicable to people with stores?

 

I occasionally sell things and state in the listing "no returns" but based on all of the experiences I've seen related here I'm sure I'd end up taking any return that was requested if it came to that.

I know I've stressed it here before, so I apologize to those who are reading again. But first, with or without a store, they give you the opportunity to state your return policy in every listing you create. This is the one that shows up formally at the top of the page next to Seller return policy. If this states you take returns then it most likely negates any text you have in the body of the description that says otherwise. At least ebay will look at it as such because you didn't formally make it a policy and a seller could potentially make a case. Now if you have it stated formally at the top that you do not accept returns, then don't accept them and don't feel any obligation to do so. The only exceptions here would be returns based on the items condition that you sold, false information in the description, or any other type of misrepresentation. You still don't need to accept, however this opens you up to a negative feedback and/or case filed etc, plus as a seller, if you fucked up, it's the right thing to do... However if it isn't your fault, don't accept it and forget about it. You are not responsible for their purchase nor them deciding they don't want it, can't afford it, not fitting etc.. Any feedback left due to you refusing their return will be immediately removed by ebay once they are notified. Never accept unless you feel it's the right thing to do due to an error on your part.

post #25998 of 31181
Finally received my first non-positive feedback (neutral). :\

Turns out a 100% wool Pendleton shirt shrinks in the dryer; who knew? Oh and that warning you wish you had was stitched onto the "Dry Clean Only" tag.

post #25999 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongT View Post

Finally received my first non-positive feedback (neutral). :\

Turns out a 100% wool Pendleton shirt shrinks in the dryer; who knew? Oh and that warning you wish you had was stitched onto the "Dry Clean Only" tag.


If you had measurements, call eBay.
post #26000 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


If you had measurements, call eBay.

Even if you didn't and it was tagged call ebay. 

post #26001 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongT View Post

Finally received my first non-positive feedback (neutral). :\

Turns out a 100% wool Pendleton shirt shrinks in the dryer; who knew? Oh and that warning you wish you had was stitched onto the "Dry Clean Only" tag.

Regardless if you had measurements or not, they state right size. It's not your job to tell an adult how to properly care for fucking wool. I'd enjoy securing this removal and then promptly reminding this individual that he's an idiot too.

post #26002 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

Regardless if you had measurements or not, they state right size. It's not your job to tell an adult how to properly care for fucking wool. I'd enjoy securing this removal and then promptly reminding this individual that he's an idiot too.

I sort of misread that. He definitely shrank it after the fact.
post #26003 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

Even if you didn't and it was tagged call ebay. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

Regardless if you had measurements or not, they state right size. It's not your job to tell an adult how to properly care for fucking wool. I'd enjoy securing this removal and then promptly reminding this individual that he's an idiot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

I sort of misread that. He definitely shrank it after the fact.

Proper measurements were given and as Jompso pointed out, the shirt shrunk due to buyer's own mistakes when laundering. I was just going to let it slide since the neutral didn't change my 100% but I think I'll make a run at getting the feedback removed.
post #26004 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongT View Post




Proper measurements were given and as Jompso pointed out, the shirt shrunk due to buyer's own mistakes when laundering. I was just going to let it slide since the neutral didn't change my 100% but I think I'll make a run at getting the feedback removed.

Get it removed for sure, no need to have any feedback on your profile that isn't positive that you don't have to have. Plus he's, although looking like a fucking idiot, still casting doubt on your selling approach and implying that you are not entirely forthcoming. He's an idiot, it should be removed, and he deserves a message for that shit....I'm not recommending doing the last part for various reasons, I just know I would absolutely let him know how dumb he is in obviously the most appropriate non-TOS breaching way possible so as not to be reported. But being an idiot like that then fucking with your feedback because he's such an idiot? Fuck that.

post #26005 of 31181
Will eBay remove feedback that's stupid? I had a buyer accidentally leave negative feedback with a positive comment, he didn't respond to a request to change feedback and eBay said there was nothing they could do.
post #26006 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Will eBay remove feedback that's stupid? I had a buyer accidentally leave negative feedback with a positive comment, he didn't respond to a request to change feedback and eBay said there was nothing they could do.

Well it sounds like you got your answer. But in general, no eBay will not change the status of a buyers feedback, they will remove it if it is left for reasons that are either not your fault or due to policies that they agreed to when making the purchase, and they will delete it and the text will say "This Feedback has been removed due to violation of ebays policies" or something along those lines, if someone leaves something profane, unjust, or innapropriate/over the line in some manner, however the nuetral or negative for that will remain. Give the guy a day or two to respond. I got a neutral that said "Great service and delivery" and messaged the guy saying if he meant to leave a neutral and if not if he woundln't mind changing it. He got back to me 3 days later saying that shipping took a while even though his feedback implied the contrary. I then had to remind this man that he lived across the Atlantic Ocean and I live on the West Coast of the United States and that's how mail works. This however didn't work haha.

post #26007 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

To view your offers in My eBay:


  1. Sign in to My eBay. 








  2. Go to My eBay and click All Selling on the left side of the page in the Sell section. 








  3. Click Open Offers at the top of the Active Selling list to see only the items that have outstanding Best Offers. 








  4. Click Respond to Offers to review offers submitted by buyers.










If you have converted to Seller Hub then you can see offers in Seller Hub > Overview > Pending actions. <-- This may have been renamed 'Task List'

Thanks Shoeluv
post #26008 of 31181

Is there a way to bulk-edit handling times across all my listings? All the info I can Google up is several years out of date and points to a specific Handling Time editing option that I don't see in the current bulk edit dropdown list.

post #26009 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremyth View Post
 

Is there a way to bulk-edit handling times across all my listings? All the info I can Google up is several years out of date and points to a specific Handling Time editing option that I don't see in the current bulk edit dropdown list.

Select the listings you want changed on your My eBay->Selling page and click EDIT

 

You'll get brought to a new window, on the left hand side, select them all again.

 

Click the "EDIT FIELDS" dropdown and select handling time. 

 

From there you can change them all at once.

post #26010 of 31181
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

Select the listings you want changed on your My eBay->Selling page and click EDIT

 

You'll get brought to a new window, on the left hand side, select them all again.

 

Click the "EDIT FIELDS" dropdown and select handling time. 

 

From there you can change them all at once.

 

See, that's the weird thing, I don't have Handling Time as an option.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions