or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1733

post #25981 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Nice. Noob ebay buyer just accused me of opening a credit card on their account, after they paid via PayPal. We'll see what merriment ensues from this.


Wow! That's quite an allegation. This should be interesting.

post #25982 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


Wow! That's quite an allegation. This should be interesting.

 

Yeah, I was pretty insulted to be accused, but I just related the facts - no one that uses eBay nor PayPal is given access to his account info.

 

But what I wanted to say was "Yes, you got me.  Busted.  I opened an eBay account in October 2000 and I have been waiting over 15 years for someone to come along and buy a jacket for $70, then hack into their PayPal to find their credit card # and issue one to myself.  I could have done it to the guy who bought a suit for $850 a couple weeks ago, or the lady who bought a purse last year for $1200, or guy who bought a suit for $1100...but I figured - no - they probably have a lot of discretionary money to spend, and I'd rather jack a card from an average person who would notice when a strange charge shows up."

post #25983 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

 

Yeah, I was pretty insulted to be accused, but I just related the facts - no one that uses eBay nor PayPal is given access to his account info.

 

But what I wanted to say was "Yes, you got me.  Busted.  I opened an eBay account in October 2000 and I have been waiting over 15 years for someone to come along and buy a jacket for $70, then hack into their PayPal to find their credit card # and issue one to myself.  I could have done it to the guy who bought a suit for $850 a couple weeks ago, or the lady who bought a purse last year for $1200, or guy who bought a suit for $1100...but I figured - no - they probably have a lot of discretionary money to spend, and I'd rather jack a card from an average person who would notice when a strange charge shows up."


The funny part is... he probably has about a 400 FICO score. You would have to settle for 30% interest and a $100 credit limit. :lol:

post #25984 of 30491
What should I do regarding this message:

"I recently purchased 'Canali Kei Blazer from you.
The jacket arrived today and while everything fits, the button stance is way to high for me (the middle button is too by about 3 inches). I would like to return it for refund if possible."

I don't do refunds, but am afraid of a negative feedback...do I offer take it back with a restocking fee?
post #25985 of 30491
This guy must have know me in high school
post #25986 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

What should I do regarding this message:

"I recently purchased 'Canali Kei Blazer from you.
The jacket arrived today and while everything fits, the button stance is way to high for me (the middle button is too by about 3 inches). I would like to return it for refund if possible."

I don't do refunds, but am afraid of a negative feedback...do I offer take it back with a restocking fee?

I don't think you can charge a restocking fee unless you have it set up prior to the transaction. Unless you do the return outside of eBay where he mails it and you refund through PayPal. Not sure what negatives that would entail though.
post #25987 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

What should I do regarding this message:

"I recently purchased 'Canali Kei Blazer from you.
The jacket arrived today and while everything fits, the button stance is way to high for me (the middle button is too by about 3 inches). I would like to return it for refund if possible."

I don't do refunds, but am afraid of a negative feedback...do I offer take it back with a restocking fee?

 

Sounds like buyers remorse right?

Buyer said it fits.

post #25988 of 30491
Respond to offers from bidders? I having a problem accessing the page that allows me to accept bids?
post #25989 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Respond to offers from bidders? I having a problem accessing the page that allows me to accept bids?
To view your offers in My eBay:
  1. Sign in to My eBay. 

  2. Go to My eBay and click All Selling on the left side of the page in the Sell section. 

  3. Click Open Offers at the top of the Active Selling list to see only the items that have outstanding Best Offers. 

  4. Click Respond to Offers to review offers submitted by buyers.

 

If you have converted to Seller Hub then you can see offers in Seller Hub > Overview > Pending actions. <-- This may have been renamed 'Task List'

post #25990 of 30491
What's everyone's plans for May 2016 with 30-day returns mandatory for TRS?

Can't imagine anyone being more impacted than clothing peeps.
post #25991 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post

What's everyone's plans for May 2016 with 30-day returns mandatory for TRS?

Can't imagine anyone being more impacted than clothing peeps.

 

 

Jack up the restocking fee to 15 or 20% and don't give a f--k...

post #25992 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post

What's everyone's plans for May 2016 with 30-day returns mandatory for TRS?

Can't imagine anyone being more impacted than clothing peeps.


Would this  have been in an email from eBay?  I had no idea.  Sounds like a pain in the balls

post #25993 of 30491
Anyone selling on Etsy?

eBay account continues to be Below Standard (lost a few items in a move)...need to shift more items.
post #25994 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post

What's everyone's plans for May 2016 with 30-day returns mandatory for TRS?

Can't imagine anyone being more impacted than clothing peeps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

Jack up the restocking fee to 15 or 20% and don't give a f--k...

 

Without question do this and you gotta make it part of your return policy, not just stated in the listing. If you're gonna accept them in general, especially 30 days, you gotta do this. Used clothing can be worn and just returned or purchased without care or thought with 30 days to return. 20% will make them at least be smarter and more concerned with their purchase.

post #25995 of 30491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Anyone selling on Etsy?

eBay account continues to be Below Standard (lost a few items in a move)...need to shift more items.

If your below standard how are you eligible for TRS? Does that not matter? And I wouldn't change formats, just live out your penalty, double check inventory, and try and raise # of active listings to raise percentages. Or else shit will get way confusing and harder to track.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions