Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1731

post #25951 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post


I'm married and live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I'm basically working out of my basement and car right now. If I were single, I'd already have rolling racks in my living room right now.

When you have some knowledge about clothes, it's really hard to pass up good stuff that's not your size. All it takes is a few good scores to get you hooked.

Now I have to do the tedious part and get this stuff listed. Hoping to replace the income from my (even more tedious) side job with this. All I need is $350-400 a week net, and I am in good shape. This doesn't seem too difficult if I can move 20-30 items a week.

p.s. Those Rock N Roller carts are awesome if you need something to move boxes like that. They fold flat very easily.

It only took me one score, my first, rest is history. And then time came and I moved the Girlfriend out and the rolling racks in, priorities.... And you can net that a week easy, you just need to be diligent and allot times and make a schedule and don't procrastinate. Do all the same product category together at once, it's the easiest, then move onto the next. Set listing goals so you know the amount you need to get posted. Also know your pictures you take. Have a certain set and stick to that, don't take random photos. The same images of the same things for the same product types. The money coming in is nice, going about it in the most efficient manner results in this happening continually, without fail. 

post #25952 of 32408
Anyone else get this?
post #25953 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

It only took me one score, my first, rest is history. And then time came and I moved the Girlfriend out and the rolling racks in, priorities.... And you can net that a week easy, you just need to be diligent and allot times and make a schedule and don't procrastinate. Do all the same product category together at once, it's the easiest, then move onto the next. Set listing goals so you know the amount you need to get posted. Also know your pictures you take. Have a certain set and stick to that, don't take random photos. The same images of the same things for the same product types. The money coming in is nice, going about it in the most efficient manner results in this happening continually, without fail. 

 

I think kicking his wife out would probably lead to the exact financial situation he's hoping to avoid with this, but.... ymmv

post #25954 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

I think kicking his wife out would probably lead to the exact financial situation he's hoping to avoid with this, but.... ymmv

Yea once it's legal then that trade off becomes slightly more complicated and expensive..

post #25955 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Anyone else get this?

Looks fishy, no 's' after http. I think all paypal pages are secure. Open a new browser and log in directly to see if you really are limited access.

post #25956 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

It only took me one score, my first, rest is history. And then time came and I moved the Girlfriend out and the rolling racks in, priorities.... And you can net that a week easy, you just need to be diligent and allot times and make a schedule and don't procrastinate. Do all the same product category together at once, it's the easiest, then move onto the next. Set listing goals so you know the amount you need to get posted. Also know your pictures you take. Have a certain set and stick to that, don't take random photos. The same images of the same things for the same product types. The money coming in is nice, going about it in the most efficient manner results in this happening continually, without fail. 

Ideally, I'd love to make enough money to be able to upgrade to a 3BR apartment or house so I can have an office, she can have an office, and we can have a bedroom. Plus secure basement/attic storage.

The next step is getting organized. I need to get most of my fodder up for sale and out the door. Is there a good review of GarageSale? I'd like to check that out to see if it will make things easier.
post #25957 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Looks fishy, no 's' after http. I think all paypal pages are secure. Open a new browser and log in directly to see if you really are limited access.
Yea super sketch, I clicked on the email address that says PayPal and comes back to a random email at a college somewhere. Hopefully no one falls for it.
post #25958 of 32408
I can with 100% certainty say that is phishing. If you see an email like that with a complicated URL, find the first single slash, then work backwards dot-by-dot to find the actual domain name. Here you'd start from the slash, then get "com" (which is the standard top-level domain), then get "sytp1." So the actual domain name is "sytp1.com." It has nothing to do with PayPal. They make the URL so complicated to try to fool people.
post #25959 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post


Ideally, I'd love to make enough money to be able to upgrade to a 3BR apartment or house so I can have an office, she can have an office, and we can have a bedroom. Plus secure basement/attic storage.

The next step is getting organized. I need to get most of my fodder up for sale and out the door. Is there a good review of GarageSale? I'd like to check that out to see if it will make things easier.

It will update your listings all at once after all the work you've done. The key with fodder is just tackling it head on. Getting your sheets and tape or whatever and just measuring it all out and then just phootgraphing it and just getting all that shit over with. Garage sale is easier cuz you can upload while offline so the photo upload time is much quicker, then you just need to wait for the images to all load when you click submit (I'm failry positive this is how it works, I have a whole other html type template for my stuff) so yea it could make it a little easier but the most difficult thing with all the fodder is just tackling and and taking care of the busy work. Once that's handled it's a breeze. You list it and your done with it for good.

post #25960 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Anyone else get this?

The fact that it didn't include any of your current account details means it's 100% fake.  PP will always include at least your account name.

PayPals site on phishing spotting: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

post #25961 of 32408

***yawn*** Anyone else getting an early start to a post-holiday shipping day? (I hate when the post office is closed on Monday)

post #25962 of 32408
Still up packing stuff.
post #25963 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

***yawn*** Anyone else getting an early start to a post-holiday shipping day? (I hate when the post office is closed on Monday)

good morning doc!
post #25964 of 32408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


good morning doc!


Top o' the morning, good sir.

post #25965 of 32408
Hey guys,
I just made my first international sale on Ebay \o/
The buyer paid by paypal a hefty sum ($499 for the item + $136 for the shipping with UPS Express) and I want to make sure I'm doing things right.
Is there some UPS options I really should include with the shipping in order to be safe on my side? I'm ready to loose a few more bucks if it means I can avoid troubles down the road.
Country to ship to is Singapore, and I have the buyer phone number, the paypal address if apparently some University building/lab. It looks like a work address. I'm in touch with the buyer to confirm that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions