Yeah, but he is kinda trapped too. If he opens a claim it was not returned as described, the buyer only has to say he thought it was fake and ebay will side with the buyer all day long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:31am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:38pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 173post #2581 of 217343/12/13 at 10:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2582 of 217343/12/13 at 10:23amQuote:
Yeah man, it sucks. I reported him, not that it helps. I will have to access that buyers list.Quote:
That sucks.post #2583 of 217343/12/13 at 11:42amQuote:I justify it by saying it protects me against listing fees and other fees I can't get back from a simple refund/cancel, lost time and materials for shipping that aren't reimbursed, plus against the perceived value diminution by future buyers that the item was defective or not as described. (Obv, if the item WASN'T as described, we're not having this conversation because I've already waived the restocking fee and agreed to refund original shipping). Rarely get pushback once it's explained.Originally Posted by capnwes
That is a nice looking coat. sucks the sale didn't hold up. Be careful on that size though. A 21" pit to pit would indicate a 40 to me not a 42.
Final price. I drop it down a bit if it is a higher ending auction. can't really justify $30 for restocking a sport coat, when the shipping was only $6. The main thing is having the policy clearly in place.Quote:Is this the tie I sent you? Timing is right. Sorry, dude!Quote:I've noticed this and other issues due to people using the mobile app. The "condition" window doesn't come up on the app, and neither do the pictures embedded in the description -- indeed, the description is a whole separate page that I suspect nobody actually clicks. Worse, since Ebay limits file sizes to 7 megs, some of my digital pics are too big. I rely on the description embedded pics, but obviously many folks aren't viewing them.Originally Posted by capnwes
^^^Don't you love it?
I got this one the other morning. Note the title, description and photo which all answer the question. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #2584 of 217343/12/13 at 8:38pmpost #2585 of 217343/12/13 at 8:40pmpost #2586 of 217343/12/13 at 8:42pmpost #2587 of 217343/12/13 at 9:17pmpost #2588 of 217343/12/13 at 9:21pmpost #2589 of 217343/13/13 at 12:02pmpost #2590 of 217343/13/13 at 1:33pmpost #2591 of 217343/13/13 at 1:45pmpost #2592 of 217343/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #2593 of 217343/13/13 at 3:50pmYesQuote:.
Yes. Thursday nights....but for 10 days ending on Sunday night. That way you have two weekends of exposure. It is worth it. Search back a bit in this thread, I have actual data to back it up.post #2594 of 217343/13/13 at 3:54pmpost #2595 of 217343/13/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Seller did nothing wrong, I was just venting frustration at myself. After waiting over a month watching the perfect pair of jeans that I was after and being upset that they sold, I found a similar pair (first mistake I guess). I wasn't sure about the wash, but I thought it looked good and figured I was safe because there was an unconditional return policy. Decided to buy, but thought the seller may be one of the resellers from the RRL thread, so I messaged him asking if he'd like to transact outside of ebay. Asked for a 5% discount, basically a split of the FVF, but didn't bother bartering because they were priced at fair market value and I was willing to pay that for what I wanted. Anyways jeans arrived, and I don't really like the color in person (gray is hard to capture as it is) and they fit much looser than my other jeans of the same brand/cut. Asked if he would be willing to take a return and I would pay his original shipping (free in the auction), plus restocking fee, plus my shipping. He didn't have to of course because I didn't buy them on ebay... and he didn't. So I'm stuck with them. Again, seller did nothing technically wrong; I'm just frustrated that I tried to do something nice by avoiding ebay and will now be out more money. It's totally my fault, wasn't worth the $5 saved, and I won't buy from him again.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Currently, there are 1714 Active Users (403 Members and 1311 Guests)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 55 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › NWT - Isaia Trousers 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...