Yeah, but he is kinda trapped too. If he opens a claim it was not returned as described, the buyer only has to say he thought it was fake and ebay will side with the buyer all day long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Yesterday at 1:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 173post #2581 of 283863/12/13 at 10:07ampost #2582 of 283863/12/13 at 10:23amQuote:
Yeah man, it sucks. I reported him, not that it helps. I will have to access that buyers list.Quote:
That sucks.post #2583 of 283863/12/13 at 11:42amQuote:I justify it by saying it protects me against listing fees and other fees I can't get back from a simple refund/cancel, lost time and materials for shipping that aren't reimbursed, plus against the perceived value diminution by future buyers that the item was defective or not as described. (Obv, if the item WASN'T as described, we're not having this conversation because I've already waived the restocking fee and agreed to refund original shipping). Rarely get pushback once it's explained.Originally Posted by capnwes
That is a nice looking coat. sucks the sale didn't hold up. Be careful on that size though. A 21" pit to pit would indicate a 40 to me not a 42.
Final price. I drop it down a bit if it is a higher ending auction. can't really justify $30 for restocking a sport coat, when the shipping was only $6. The main thing is having the policy clearly in place.Quote:Is this the tie I sent you? Timing is right. Sorry, dude!Quote:I've noticed this and other issues due to people using the mobile app. The "condition" window doesn't come up on the app, and neither do the pictures embedded in the description -- indeed, the description is a whole separate page that I suspect nobody actually clicks. Worse, since Ebay limits file sizes to 7 megs, some of my digital pics are too big. I rely on the description embedded pics, but obviously many folks aren't viewing them.Originally Posted by capnwes
^^^Don't you love it?
I got this one the other morning. Note the title, description and photo which all answer the question. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #2584 of 283863/12/13 at 8:38pmpost #2585 of 283863/12/13 at 8:40pmpost #2586 of 283863/12/13 at 8:42pmpost #2587 of 283863/12/13 at 9:17pmpost #2588 of 283863/12/13 at 9:21pmpost #2589 of 283863/13/13 at 12:02pmpost #2590 of 283863/13/13 at 1:33pmpost #2591 of 283863/13/13 at 1:45pmpost #2592 of 283863/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #2593 of 283863/13/13 at 3:50pmYesQuote:.
Yes. Thursday nights....but for 10 days ending on Sunday night. That way you have two weekends of exposure. It is worth it. Search back a bit in this thread, I have actual data to back it up.post #2594 of 283863/13/13 at 3:54pmpost #2595 of 283863/13/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Seller did nothing wrong, I was just venting frustration at myself. After waiting over a month watching the perfect pair of jeans that I was after and being upset that they sold, I found a similar pair (first mistake I guess). I wasn't sure about the wash, but I thought it looked good and figured I was safe because there was an unconditional return policy. Decided to buy, but thought the seller may be one of the resellers from the RRL thread, so I messaged him asking if he'd like to transact outside of ebay. Asked for a 5% discount, basically a split of the FVF, but didn't bother bartering because they were priced at fair market value and I was willing to pay that for what I wanted. Anyways jeans arrived, and I don't really like the color in person (gray is hard to capture as it is) and they fit much looser than my other jeans of the same brand/cut. Asked if he would be willing to take a return and I would pay his original shipping (free in the auction), plus restocking fee, plus my shipping. He didn't have to of course because I didn't buy them on ebay... and he didn't. So I'm stuck with them. Again, seller did nothing technically wrong; I'm just frustrated that I tried to do something nice by avoiding ebay and will now be out more money. It's totally my fault, wasn't worth the $5 saved, and I won't buy from him again.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
Currently, there are 822 Active Users (111 Members and 711 Guests)
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 36 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › MILER Menswear - Official Affiliate Thread 46 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding