Yeah, but he is kinda trapped too. If he opens a claim it was not returned as described, the buyer only has to say he thought it was fake and ebay will side with the buyer all day long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Today at 12:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 7/27/15 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:38pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 173post #2581 of 222303/12/13 at 10:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2582 of 222303/12/13 at 10:23amQuote:
Yeah man, it sucks. I reported him, not that it helps. I will have to access that buyers list.Quote:
That sucks.post #2583 of 222303/12/13 at 11:42amQuote:I justify it by saying it protects me against listing fees and other fees I can't get back from a simple refund/cancel, lost time and materials for shipping that aren't reimbursed, plus against the perceived value diminution by future buyers that the item was defective or not as described. (Obv, if the item WASN'T as described, we're not having this conversation because I've already waived the restocking fee and agreed to refund original shipping). Rarely get pushback once it's explained.Originally Posted by capnwes
That is a nice looking coat. sucks the sale didn't hold up. Be careful on that size though. A 21" pit to pit would indicate a 40 to me not a 42.
Final price. I drop it down a bit if it is a higher ending auction. can't really justify $30 for restocking a sport coat, when the shipping was only $6. The main thing is having the policy clearly in place.Quote:Is this the tie I sent you? Timing is right. Sorry, dude!Quote:I've noticed this and other issues due to people using the mobile app. The "condition" window doesn't come up on the app, and neither do the pictures embedded in the description -- indeed, the description is a whole separate page that I suspect nobody actually clicks. Worse, since Ebay limits file sizes to 7 megs, some of my digital pics are too big. I rely on the description embedded pics, but obviously many folks aren't viewing them.Originally Posted by capnwes
^^^Don't you love it?
I got this one the other morning. Note the title, description and photo which all answer the question. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #2584 of 222303/12/13 at 8:38pmpost #2585 of 222303/12/13 at 8:40pmpost #2586 of 222303/12/13 at 8:42pmpost #2587 of 222303/12/13 at 9:17pmpost #2588 of 222303/12/13 at 9:21pmpost #2589 of 222303/13/13 at 12:02pmpost #2590 of 222303/13/13 at 1:33pmpost #2591 of 222303/13/13 at 1:45pmpost #2592 of 222303/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #2593 of 222303/13/13 at 3:50pmYesQuote:.
Yes. Thursday nights....but for 10 days ending on Sunday night. That way you have two weekends of exposure. It is worth it. Search back a bit in this thread, I have actual data to back it up.post #2594 of 222303/13/13 at 3:54pmpost #2595 of 222303/13/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Seller did nothing wrong, I was just venting frustration at myself. After waiting over a month watching the perfect pair of jeans that I was after and being upset that they sold, I found a similar pair (first mistake I guess). I wasn't sure about the wash, but I thought it looked good and figured I was safe because there was an unconditional return policy. Decided to buy, but thought the seller may be one of the resellers from the RRL thread, so I messaged him asking if he'd like to transact outside of ebay. Asked for a 5% discount, basically a split of the FVF, but didn't bother bartering because they were priced at fair market value and I was willing to pay that for what I wanted. Anyways jeans arrived, and I don't really like the color in person (gray is hard to capture as it is) and they fit much looser than my other jeans of the same brand/cut. Asked if he would be willing to take a return and I would pay his original shipping (free in the auction), plus restocking fee, plus my shipping. He didn't have to of course because I didn't buy them on ebay... and he didn't. So I'm stuck with them. Again, seller did nothing technically wrong; I'm just frustrated that I tried to do something nice by avoiding ebay and will now be out more money. It's totally my fault, wasn't worth the $5 saved, and I won't buy from him again.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Currently, there are 1382 Active Users (313 Members and 1069 Guests)
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 32 seconds ago
- › Bow-Tie Shoes, sold at Carson Street 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Next jacket? 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina museum calf Chelsea boot GMTO 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Advice sought on dinner suit from Chan 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...