or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1719

post #25771 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


That is why I always keep a supply of U-line 15x10x6 boxes on hand. They will hold most anything from NIB Nikes to Allen Edmonds. And, like @Brianpore said, they still usually come in under 4 lbs. So, you will generally be in the $5.95 to $15 dollar range.

 

Late to the discuss, but I buy five 16 x 12 x 10 boxes from Office Depot (they're like 50% off if you buy at least 5 - otherwise their prices for boxes are prohibitive), which also have pre-marked fold lines so you can cut them down to smaller sizes really easily...and work great for boots, shoes with original boxes, or other odd larger items that won't fit in USPS boxes.  Probably cheaper to buy bulk from ULine but I'm lucky if I actually use 5 of them so I pop into the store when I run low once or twice a year.

post #25772 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

 

Late to the discuss, but I buy five 16 x 12 x 10 boxes from Office Depot (they're like 50% off if you buy at least 5 - otherwise their prices for boxes are prohibitive), which also have pre-marked fold lines so you can cut them down to smaller sizes really easily...and work great for boots, shoes with original boxes, or other odd larger items that won't fit in USPS boxes.  Probably cheaper to buy bulk from ULine but I'm lucky if I actually use 5 of them so I pop into the store when I run low once or twice a year.


Yes, I keep a supply of those as well. Like you said, you have to buy several at a time to make them somewhat affordable. They are my go-to boxes for many items. The ability to customize the dimensions of the box is a huge plus.

post #25773 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post
 


What are y'all doing?

Just had the same thing happen on NWT pants via Garage Sale, but unlike shoes, they still listed fine, just gave me a warning.  I assume I will be able to go into the listing, put "na" in the UPC/product identifier column in order to relist.

Yep, put in "does not apply" in the UPC field.  Did it for all NWT pants, I assume it'll be the same for more categories soon?


Edited by txwoodworker - 1/7/16 at 9:40pm
post #25774 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post


Yes, I keep a supply of those as well. Like you said, you have to buy several at a time to make them somewhat affordable. They are my go-to boxes for many items. The ability to customize the dimensions of the box is a huge plus.


Those are nice but get a box scoring tool and make ANY box resizable.

http://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/BL_3401/Carton-Sizer
post #25775 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how are people doing with the new ebay 'product identifier' requirement?

From today's ebay email: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We're writing to let you know that as of January 7th, at least 50 of your listings are missing product identifiers—which will be required to list or relist in a number of additional categories starting the week of February 29. To make sure you're ready, add these identifiers to your listings now, before the requirement takes effect

As a reminder, product identifiers will be required on all new and Good 'Til Cancelled listings of new and manufacturer-refurbished items in certain categories. Note that this requirement applies to both single and multi-SKU items.

In the Clothing & Accessories category, ebay says only shoes are affected, but already I can't bring to auction one new blazer.

Many new items we have will lack a UPS or GTIN or other required identifier.


What are y'all doing?

Speaking only to Garagesale, its a pain in the ass as they haven't updated their settings to include UPC yet. I have to launch it as pre owned, then ninja edit it on the auction to NWT and just fill in "N/A" where it asks for the UPC.
post #25776 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Speaking only to Garagesale, its a pain in the ass as they haven't updated their settings to include UPC yet. I have to launch it as pre owned, then ninja edit it on the auction to NWT and just fill in "N/A" where it asks for the UPC.

 

What a bunch of time consuming bullshit. How soon are they supposed to implement updates?

post #25777 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Speaking only to Garagesale, its a pain in the ass as they haven't updated their settings to include UPC yet. I have to launch it as pre owned, then ninja edit it on the auction to NWT and just fill in "N/A" where it asks for the UPC.

Do you have the newest version of Garage Sale? I had to update my Mac's operating system in order to use the new version (it won't run on the old operating system), but it addresses the UPC issue. I was able to list a NWT backpack with the new version of Garage Sale.

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html#Version-History

GarageSale 6.9.6 (2015-08-31)
-added support for eBay's new barcode policy


What I'm worried about is the time it's going to take me to edit 47 auctions. I'm hoping I can enter N/A and leave it at that.
post #25778 of 30421

Was just able to edit all current auctions and listings and put in N/A or Does not apply in the UPC field.

 

Auctiva has a UPC field and box you can check if it does not apply.

post #25779 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Try the USPS website. Some countires (Russia) you have to actually buy the postage at the post office even.

FWIW, lately when printing a label from the PP payment instead of the eBay shipping service, its let me ship express (aka signature) to every single country, even those that eBay prohibits. I did express to Russia the other day and was like WTF

INTERESTING! I have tried to go into paypal before like mentioned but wouldnt work and even the usps.com website wasnt working the last few months. Next one to Russia I have to try again :revolve: (no clue what the smile actually is)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Try the USPS website. Some countires (Russia) you have to actually buy the postage at the post office even.


I shipped a Priority package to Russia today via eBay. I wonder what's different on your end. Could have been a temporary glitch.

I only ship Express so it might be slightly different. It's been like that for a year +/- for me to Russia.

post #25780 of 30421

I've had an issue lately where buyers with feedback less than 50 will buy an item and complain about shipping after purchase.

 

The latest was yesterday. Had two inquiries on a pair of Alden's from California, both of who complained about cost of shipping, then a third user from CA bought them and hours after the sale complained about cost of shipping. We use calculated shipping and offer a choice between standard, priority and express.

 

So far, number three is trying to extort a partial refund on shipping already. I think all three accounts are linked and below are the user names so that you can be aware of this/these buyers.

 

rgholzer

dbn8662

gibsonb

 

Best

post #25781 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Speaking only to Garagesale, its a pain in the ass as they haven't updated their settings to include UPC yet. I have to launch it as pre owned, then ninja edit it on the auction to NWT and just fill in "N/A" where it asks for the UPC.

 

This infuriates me. I have begun just putting 'Does Not Apply' for most of mine, because even when I have a UPC, it won't recognize it and will error out. Even when I type the damn UPC from the tag in my hand, eBay's mandatory UPC box tells me I'm wrong. Waste of my time. I don't know anybody who's searching for an obscure stuffed plush toy by UPC anyway. They're going to type in the name of the computer game or movie or something and the character name.

post #25782 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 :revolve: (no clue what the smile actually is)

 

 

It means the whole world revolves around you; you fucking megalomaniac!

post #25783 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotii View Post

This infuriates me. I have begun just putting 'Does Not Apply' for most of mine, because even when I have a UPC, it won't recognize it and will error out. Even when I type the damn UPC from the tag in my hand, eBay's mandatory UPC box tells me I'm wrong. Waste of my time. I don't know anybody who's searching for an obscure stuffed plush toy by UPC anyway. They're going to type in the name of the computer game or movie or something and the character name.

I just got the email... Apparently, none of my listings are in danger of being rejected. But yeah, I have a thing of deodorant sitting on my desk. When I need a UPC, I use that one.
post #25784 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Speaking only to Garagesale, its a pain in the ass as they haven't updated their settings to include UPC yet. I have to launch it as pre owned, then ninja edit it on the auction to NWT and just fill in "N/A" where it asks for the UPC.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 

What a bunch of time consuming bullshit. How soon are they supposed to implement updates?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 

What a bunch of time consuming bullshit. How soon are they supposed to implement updates?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


Do you have the newest version of Garage Sale? I had to update my Mac's operating system in order to use the new version (it won't run on the old operating system), but it addresses the UPC issue. I was able to list a NWT backpack with the new version of Garage Sale.

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html#Version-History

GarageSale 6.9.6 (2015-08-31)
-added support for eBay's new barcode policy


What I'm worried about is the time it's going to take me to edit 47 auctions. I'm hoping I can enter N/A and leave it at that.

 

I don't have garagesale and I don't usually have much NWT stuff.  But, I have run into a problem where I have something new without tags or new without box and ebay won't let me list it without a UPC.   If I had a UPC, it would be NWT or NWB.   The only way I have to do it is to save it for later.  Then, I open up the Ebay App on my phone and list it.  The App doesn't require the UPC.  

post #25785 of 30421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post

Was just able to edit all current auctions and listings and put in N/A or Does not apply in the UPC field.

Auctiva has a UPC field and box you can check if it does not apply.

I hope this works with Garage Sale. It should, because the UPC I used for the backpack I listed was just some random UPC I found online for a "field pack." It would actually be easier for me to edit the auction through eBay if I was just enter N/A for the UPC, but I doubt eBay's website would accept that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions