or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1705

post #25561 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Your wall of text has nothing on the J man.
Call eBay, they will probably protect you straight away.

I believe he stated that ebay already said it's not covered.
post #25562 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

I believe he stated that ebay already said it's not covered.

I just tried going through the automated system to report an item not as described - that's where it said it's not covered. I have not tried calling them yet, wanted to see the best approach before giving them a ring.
post #25563 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Name will be changing soon.


i'm not giving any advice but i'm pretty sure your customers won't give a fuck what your name is unless it's something truly stupid/offensive. ask gooseguy or balearic. 

Gooseguy doesn't have a good ring to it?  :lol: I was in 4th grade when I came up with that one.

post #25564 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post


I just tried going through the automated system to report an item not as described - that's where it said it's not covered. I have not tried calling them yet, wanted to see the best approach before giving them a ring.

Automated system is an algorithm that always outputs 'FUCK YOU' no matter what you input.

post #25565 of 30436
bpk, straight to paypal.
post #25566 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

i'm not giving any advice but i'm pretty sure your customers won't give a fuck what your name is unless it's something truly stupid/offensive. ask gooseguy or balearic. 

Totally agree. I just changed my username because it was related to my real name. I'm going to change again it before I get going full steam because I want something better for SEO. (If you search for my eBay username/store name, I want to be the first thing that shows up.)
post #25567 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

bpk, straight to paypal.

First, thanks to everyone for the quick responses, truly appreciate the help!

Going through filing a dispute on Paypal - turns out that per Paypal I'll have to escalate to a claim because "Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome." which is reassuring... Hoping this works out in my favor, would suck to be out an extra $225.
post #25568 of 30436
Milestone for a small-time seller like me:

post #25569 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

Non-paying buyer on a $850 sale.  

 

 

If for some reason you neglected to block this seller, be sure to...additional d-baggery ensued with this assclown - you do not want to be dealing with them.

post #25570 of 30436
How strict is Etsy with the "20 years" rule? There's stuff I have that's probably that old, but I can't be 100% sure.
post #25571 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

How strict is Etsy with the "20 years" rule? There's stuff I have that's probably that old, but I can't be 100% sure.

Not at all. If you say it is, and it might be, no problem.
post #25572 of 30436



Heres to a year of batting a thousand icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #25573 of 30436
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post




Heres to a year of batting a thousand icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Same, but with far less haha. Good luck!

 

Edit: Scratch that, just got a neutral feedback as I typed that. Guy bought something on the 23rd and I didn't ship until the 28th. Apparently Christmas isn't a valid excuse.

post #25574 of 30436
wow, congrats Spoo.

Oh here's a question for you guys. So I sold 4 perfume samples, buyer says 2 were empty, I don't believe him but refund him for the 2 anyway. Problem is he's already left negative feedback. Can he change it?

He added a reply/comment to say 'cool' but that doesn't really help me since it's filed as a negative. Assuming he actually wants to change it, how can he? (is this really simple and I'm missing it?)

Thanks y'all.
post #25575 of 30436

@Fueco Do you have any idea why I'd have received 2 offers for around $100 for this jacket almost immediately?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121853471787?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions