or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1675

post #25111 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

Well, optics are hugely important. And also the final format that you will be presenting your content in. Look at it like a chain of filters...

 

These three little sentence only serve to show how little I understand photography.

post #25112 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

Well, optics are hugely important. And also the final format that you will be presenting your content in. Look at it like a chain of filters...

^

 

this.

post #25113 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post



During my last debacle I was told that removed feedback might not actually be removed until Thursday.

I am upgrading to a Canon T6i. My d3100 has served me well but now I'm looking for something that's better suited for video. I'm wondering if I will see a noticeable difference in picture quality. I'm not expecting to, but I don't have a lot of experience with DSLRs (I'm not sure how sensitive the human eye is to quality differences once you reach a certain point).

 

if you're upgrading for the pixel count, don't bother.  you have to remember on print sizes, even 8 megapixel is enough for most purposes.  Obviously if you're shooting a billboard campaign, you're going to rent a medium format anyway that the client will pay for, so we won't go there.

 

for ebay purposes, people aren't going to pixel peep so again numbers won't matter.

 

the higher quality the lens, the better the resolving power, making a lower megapixel body to work as well if not better than shit lens on a high mp body.  

 

for MOST people, 12-16 megapixels is more than enough for everyday life.  16 being the absolute upper limit.  spend the money on lenses.  you'll get your money back when  you move up and if the company doesn't pump out a newer model.  

post #25114 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post



During my last debacle I was told that removed feedback might not actually be removed until Thursday.

I am upgrading to a Canon T6i. My d3100 has served me well but now I'm looking for something that's better suited for video. I'm wondering if I will see a noticeable difference in picture quality. I'm not expecting to, but I don't have a lot of experience with DSLRs (I'm not sure how sensitive the human eye is to quality differences once you reach a certain point).

I got the T5I a while ago before the T6 and it has served me quite well. I think you will be pleased with the final result. However, with that said, if your really interested in video, then up the ante a little and go with the 70D. The photo quality is on par with the Rebel series but it shoots true 1080 and has 20 megapixels or whatever. All I know is that when I took the free class that came with my camera the instructor couldn't stop talking about how great shooting video with that thing is. Just fyi..

post #25115 of 30429
Light, lenses and learning your settings.

Read a couple of guides on aperture and shutter priority and white balance and practice. It's a quick couple of hours that will immediately pay off dividends
post #25116 of 30429

I have a Sony Alpha Nex-3N Mirrorless camera. I know next to nothing about photography and have been reading up lately. From what I've read, a newer/better lens can make an average camera much better, yes? Now I've started reading up on lenses and this shit is way over my head. I'm going to keep reading, but if anyone could give me a quick idea of what kind of lens would be best for close distance (you know, 6 inches to 4 feet away eBay type pics). A lower mm zoom lens seems what I'd need, right? Or am I way off base?

 

edit: found this link right after I submitted this post: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/first-sony-e-mount-lenses-to-buy/

post #25117 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

I have a Sony Alpha Nex-3N Mirrorless camera. I know next to nothing about photography and have been reading up lately. From what I've read, a newer/better lens can make an average camera much better, yes? Now I've started reading up on lenses and this shit is way over my head. I'm going to keep reading, but if anyone could give me a quick idea of what kind of lens would be best for close distance (you know, 6 inches to 4 feet away eBay type pics). A lower mm zoom lens seems what I'd need, right? Or am I way off base?

 

edit: found this link right after I submitted this post: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/first-sony-e-mount-lenses-to-buy/

I went with a 18-135MM lens which isn't really necessary, for ebay shots you probably only need a 18-55MM

post #25118 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

Thanks for the recommendations all.  The Delonghi is well out of my price range and will probably go with the Reliable, available on Amazon for a bit less.  Since I use my Amazon card pretty frequently I have a ton of rewards which will come in handy.

 

 http://www.amazon.com/Reliable-100IS-Ironing-System-Lightweight/dp/B00VBXVDD8

When I'm done with my Rowenta, I will definitely be upgrading to a canister iron like this. Just put it on my wishlist.

Can someone with a canister iron steamer has to explain why/how these work better when trying to steam a jacket or pair of pants that are hanging? I can see them being great for ironing on a shirt/board but something that does not have a hot metal plate on the bottom just seems like a better solution when dealing with wool/linen/silk where you want the steam to be close to but not touching the item with the unit. The iron like steamer just seems like it would be a PIA :puzzled:

post #25119 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Can someone with a canister iron steamer has to explain why/how these work better when trying to steam a jacket or pair of pants that are hanging? I can see them being great for ironing on a shirt/board but something that does not have a hot metal plate on the bottom just seems like a better solution when dealing with wool/linen/silk where you want the steam to be close to but not touching the item with the unit. The iron like steamer just seems like it would be a PIA :puzzled:

They're not better...at all. Hence why I sprung the 150 for the Rowenta, gotta jacket hanger built in and all. You don't want a hot piece of iron coming anywhere near your wool either, forget that.

post #25120 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

Thanks for the recommendations all.  The Delonghi is well out of my price range and will probably go with the Reliable, available on Amazon for a bit less.  Since I use my Amazon card pretty frequently I have a ton of rewards which will come in handy.

 

 http://www.amazon.com/Reliable-100IS-Ironing-System-Lightweight/dp/B00VBXVDD8

When I'm done with my Rowenta, I will definitely be upgrading to a canister iron like this. Just put it on my wishlist.

Can someone with a canister iron steamer has to explain why/how these work better when trying to steam a jacket or pair of pants that are hanging? I can see them being great for ironing on a shirt/board but something that does not have a hot metal plate on the bottom just seems like a better solution when dealing with wool/linen/silk where you want the steam to be close to but not touching the item with the unit. The iron like steamer just seems like it would be a PIA :puzzled:

It's like having an iron and steamer in one. You can still hang and steam, and from what I can tell, they work better as steamers than most dedicated steamers I've used.

post #25121 of 30429
Quote:
 Sorry for cancelling two listings you were bidding on, but I was so discouraged by the lack of bidding on them that I might as well keep the Holland & Holland fleece and the Derek Rose pajamas. 
If you are still interested in the Chipp vest let me know.

 

Pisses me off.

post #25122 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Can someone with a canister iron steamer has to explain why/how these work better when trying to steam a jacket or pair of pants that are hanging? I can see them being great for ironing on a shirt/board but something that does not have a hot metal plate on the bottom just seems like a better solution when dealing with wool/linen/silk where you want the steam to be close to but not touching the item with the unit. The iron like steamer just seems like it would be a PIA :puzzled:

They're not better...at all. Hence why I sprung the 150 for the Rowenta, gotta jacket hanger built in and all. You don't want a hot piece of iron coming anywhere near your wool either, forget that.

That was kind my thought.... I think someone here has one?

post #25123 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

It's like having an iron and steamer in one. You can still hang and steam, and from what I can tell, they work better as steamers than most dedicated steamers I've used.

to add to this:

 

the steam is pressurized on the steam stations.  that and IMO you can "direct" it better if you were pressing it and using the steam at the same time.  

 

it won't matter for ebay stuff where you don't care whether the steam will undo the ironwork in the suit; but for personal shit it absolutely matters IMO if you don't want to have it pressed professionally.  

post #25124 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReubenR View Post

Pisses me off.
Also a bit stupid on the seller's part, especially if he had watchers. Never underestimate the potential for snipe bids.
post #25125 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


Also a bit stupid on the seller's part, especially if he had watchers. Never underestimate the potential for snipe bids.

 

And I was set to bid up to $75 on the fleece and $30 on the PJ's too. Least he coulda done is apologized about not being willing to accept the low price and offered a BIN price. Still skeezy, but something I'd have understood coming from your average joe clearing out some surplus clothes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions