They said (in broken english) that they have nothing to do with Attolini and to keep the Barbera name pure and unconfused with competitive tailors, they protect their trademark against any other names being used in tandem.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect... Last post on 2/24/17 at 5:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1669post #25021 of 3253412/6/15 at 5:34ampost #25022 of 3253412/6/15 at 6:38ampost #25023 of 3253412/6/15 at 6:50amQuote:
agree. but I think its specific to LB - they just got bought out or changed management or something similar, so Im sure they are just cleaning things up.post #25024 of 3253412/6/15 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by kbadgley84
Quote:What's the reason behind them doing this?Originally Posted by SpooPoker
also, just a heads up for you guys - if you are selling any Luciano Barbera tailored items that are made by Attolini - DO NOT list them with Attolini anywhere in the description. I recently had an item taken down from Vero and had to go through lengthy discussions with their legal department in Rome - who spoke about as much english as I did Italian - to get it removed. I finally did but they did tell me that they are proactively looking for these to take down.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
agree. but I think its specific to LB - they just got bought out or changed management or something similar, so Im sure they are just cleaning things up.
Have had this happen a few times from Vero and they "put your account on hold for 10 days, etc etc" which is scary at first but I was always able to just call in and explain to an eBay rep what the situation was and they just remove the hold and say how to/not to list it (without Attolini, etc) and it goes back up no problem. Did have one company complain because I was selling a sample makeup thing and they said it was not for distribution or to be resold (kinda odd) so was considered "fake"
Should note, from speaking with ebay Vero only gets involved when the company actually files a formal complaint with ebay. So if Polo or Corneliani dont file a complaint with your specific item number then ebay is not going to go and start removing items.post #25025 of 3253412/6/15 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by mormonopoly
I've been selling primarily on etsy for a few years and I love it. It takes a while, but you can get much better prices for the unspectacular stuff and the fees are way lower. Most importantly, the buyers are so much easier to deal with. I've had hundreds of transactions and can count the number of issues on one hand. It's so much less of a hassle than Ebay.
Do you think Etsy would be a good option for vintage department store / trad-type stuff? (Vintage Brooks Brothers, Hart Schaffner Marx, Southwick, etc.)post #25026 of 3253412/6/15 at 1:39pmQuote:
Yeah, I think it would be a way better option than ebay, as long as you're patient. You might sit on things for months or longer, but you'll get much better prices. There are some very successful etsy stores that focus on that type of clohting.post #25027 of 3253412/6/15 at 3:56pmQuote:Hell yes. Speaking from experience here. It does take a while but it works much better. Load it up with key words. Etsy lets you use brands as key words, even if unrelated to the item. Go ahead and slap a Brooks Brothers key word on that JC Penny item. Cricketeer or Corbin? Add J Press or Chipp.
Etsy does definitely attract artsy/bohemian types, so theatrical/cinematic/televisual tags are also a big plus. Mad Men, etc...post #25028 of 3253412/6/15 at 4:42pmpost #25029 of 3253412/6/15 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by FLW
Hell yes. Speaking from experience here. It does take a while but it works much better. Load it up with key words. Etsy lets you use brands as key words, even if unrelated to the item. Go ahead and slap a Brooks Brothers key word on that JC Penny item. Cricketeer or Corbin? Add J Press or Chipp.
Etsy does definitely attract artsy/bohemian types, so theatrical/cinematic/televisual tags are also a big plus. Mad Men, etc...
must provide banking info to that site? can't be paypal only??post #25030 of 3253412/6/15 at 5:26pmpost #25031 of 3253412/6/15 at 5:48pmQuote:
Won't do it automatically, will hang out for weeks if they never return it, plus they'll still be able to return it 2 weeks later if you don't call and close it out. You can close it out 5 working days after return approved.post #25032 of 3253412/6/15 at 11:09pmpost #25033 of 3253412/7/15 at 5:10ampost #25034 of 3253412/7/15 at 6:01ampost #25035 of 3253412/7/15 at 6:04am
Nice, Doc! I'm curious as to where others operate in terms of profit margin. I know there are plenty of variables that can skew the numbers, but I'd still be interested to see them. I'm at about 50%. I don't do free shipping and I'd estimate that 85-90% of the items I sell are true thrift.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Sexy Brunello Cucinelli Safari Jacket 50 Wool 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...