or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1657

post #24841 of 30480


Should I be worried about the no seller protection? I know not to ship until the e-check clears and then do signature confirmation. Just curious about that little tidbit.
post #24842 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post



Should I be worried about the no seller protection? I know not to ship until the e-check clears and then do signature confirmation. Just curious about that little tidbit.


Did you alter the shipping address in any way?

post #24843 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post


Did you alter the shipping address in any way?

No sir, just got notified that something sold and someone paid, and that was in my email.
post #24844 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post


No sir, just got notified that something sold and someone paid, and that was in my email.


Ohhhh... I just saw the part about it being an e-check. Yes, NEVER ship an item until the e-check clears. It can take anywhere from 2-7 days. Also, yes, e-checks can bounce. It you decide to ship prior to the e-check clearing, you will probably not be covered by seller protection. It cracks me up when someone pays by e-check and gets angry when I don't ship in my one-day stated timeframe. I just send them a screenshot of where eBay tells me not to ship until the check clears. That typically pacifies them.

post #24845 of 30480

has anyone ever considered selling complete fits?  items in a bundle that go well together?

post #24846 of 30480
Just had an echeck bounce last week on me. Luckily they sent it after I had opened a unpaid ticket. Echeck bounced, I closed the ticket and blocked the buyer.

But the "no seller protection" thing should disappear once the echeck clears.
post #24847 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 

has anyone ever considered selling complete fits?  items in a bundle that go well together?

There are far too many variables to consider or deal with to make this practical for eBay. There are company's that do this for people, but they know every size and measurement and preference/style and just send clients boxes of clothes. But putting an outfit together would necessitate finding a buyer that needs, wants, likes, and fits into all items. This will never happen. Even if this was possible, you'd have to spend the time curating a perfect outfit for someones style and not even maximize your returns, cuz undoubtably this will not net you higher profits than selling individual items would. You'd be taking a hit financially both literally and with your time, cuz time is money. Can't happen, won't happen, shouldn't happen.


Edited by Jompso - 11/26/15 at 2:45am
post #24848 of 30480

shame really, a few items i have would go really nice together. sigh, if only i was thinner and had smaller feet...   :confused:

post #24849 of 30480

Maybe it's just me but this bothers me.  I don't mind the lowball offer and would normally send a counter offer, but thinking I should sell you a RLPL tie (that you don't need to impress your 13 year old students) while I'm trying to make a living selling nice clothing bothers me...... and that gets you added to my blocked list

 

PS - It's not the first time this person has made the same type of offer because he is a "school teacher"

 

RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"
RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"
Offer price: $14.99
Buy It Now price:
$68.00Buy It Now
Your terms: Middle school teacher discount please
post #24850 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Maybe it's just me but this bothers me.  I don't mind the lowball offer and would normally send a counter offer, but thinking I should sell you a RLPL tie (that you don't need to impress your 13 year old students) while I'm trying to make a living selling nice clothing bothers me...... and that gets you added to my blocked list

 

PS - It's not the first time this person has made the same type of offer because he is a "school teacher"

 

RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"
RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"
Offer price: $14.99
Buy It Now price:
$68.00Buy It Now
Your terms: Middle school teacher discount please


Fuck him... That is just insulting.

post #24851 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

Just had an echeck bounce last week on me. Luckily they sent it after I had opened a unpaid ticket. Echeck bounced, I closed the ticket and blocked the buyer.

But the "no seller protection" thing should disappear once the echeck clears.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Maybe it's just me but this bothers me.  I don't mind the lowball offer and would normally send a counter offer, but thinking I should sell you a RLPL tie (that you don't need to impress your 13 year old students) while I'm trying to make a living selling nice clothing bothers me...... and that gets you added to my blocked list

PS - It's not the first time this person has made the same type of offer because he is a "school teacher"




RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"











RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL Black Woven Pink Stripe Silk Mens Luxury Tie - 3.75"
Offer price: $14.99
Buy It Now price:
$68.00Buy It Now

Your terms: Middle school teacher discount please


Ridiculous.
post #24852 of 30480
Not half bad for basically a week and a half from delivery to sale -

Bought for:


Sold for:


Have to say I'm truly thankful for all the help and information all the wonderful people here have helped provide!
Edited by bpk1 - 11/26/15 at 9:26am
post #24853 of 30480

Does anyone know how to check previous months Gross sales and quantity of items sold? I can only get the last three months which mean nothing to me. I'm absolutely cleaning house and still have my promotion running til Monday and wanna see where I stack up in relation to the previous year and 3 months of doing this.

post #24854 of 30480

Noobie question for sure, but if sleeve length of a dress shirt comes out to be 35.5, do I list it as 34/35 or 36/37? And is there a reason why 35/36 is never available as an option? Thanks.

post #24855 of 30480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

Noobie question for sure, but if sleeve length of a dress shirt comes out to be 35.5, do I list it as 34/35 or 36/37? And is there a reason why 35/36 is never available as an option? Thanks.

I'll typically list it as 34/35 and put the actual measurement in the body of the listing (which I'm sure you do as well). If a buyer doesn't read the measurements and winds up with a shirt with sleeves that are too long they can at least have them altered. There's nothing the buyer can do with a shirt with sleeves that are too short other than return it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions