or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1642

post #24616 of 30473

so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

 

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it.  i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

 

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy.   frustrated with ebay right now.

post #24617 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it.  i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy.   frustrated with ebay right now.
Whatcha got?!
post #24618 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 

so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

 

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it.  i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

 

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy.   frustrated with ebay right now.


eBay is indeed a cruel mistress from which there is little pity. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the heartless bitch because she is the only worthwhile game in town.

post #24619 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post


Whatcha got?!

Eh, it's an MCM Boston Tote Bag. 95/100 condition, with shoulder strap. maybe gonna offer it up on the thread as a lady's Christmas gift.  

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


one of these. quality beats LV.  no idea why i am stuck with it.  nobody wants? my wife will get it. :p

 

 

 

will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


eBay is indeed a cruel mistress from which there is little pity. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the heartless bitch because she is the only worthwhile game in town.

yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.

post #24620 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 

Eh, it's an MCM Boston Tote Bag. 95/100 condition, with shoulder strap. maybe gonna offer it up on the thread as a lady's Christmas gift.  

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


one of these. quality beats LV.  no idea why i am stuck with it.  nobody wants? my wife will get it. :p

 

 

 

will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares.

yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.

 

Consign that shit with some of the thread's big boyz. Gather together a bunch of stuff, put it in a box, ship it... cash checks.

post #24621 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

Eh, it's an MCM Boston Tote Bag. 95/100 condition, with shoulder strap. maybe gonna offer it up on the thread as a lady's Christmas gift.   Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







one of these. quality beats LV.  no idea why i am stuck with it.  nobody wants? my wife will get it. tongue.gif



will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares.
yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.
That thing is sweet. I'm sure it'll make Mrs. TV very happy. Don't worry, we won't tell her you tried to sell it first!
post #24622 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

Already requested, thanks!!

Just got this back, ended up working out fine - guess they forgot they had ordered two similar coats.


Thanks for the help/suggestions as always, appreciate it gents!
post #24623 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

Just got this back, ended up working out fine - guess they forgot they had ordered two similar coats.


Thanks for the help/suggestions as always, appreciate it gents!

This is partly why I put a handwritten tag with my inventory number on everything I sell. If there's a problem, I ask for a picture of that. Then I can tell if I sent the correct item or if they have received something from me.
post #24624 of 30473

 

One of the funnier feedbacks I've received. Still trying to figure out his family situation though.

post #24625 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post
 

 

One of the funnier feedbacks I've received. Still trying to figure out his family situation though.


Did you sell something to McArthur?

post #24626 of 30473
I have two custom made sport coats that have 15.75" shoulders. Three people have purchased them so far and I messaged each buyer to make sure they reviewed the measurements before I ship. None of them did, and I had to cancel the sale each time. There are 3 separate reminders in the auction to look at the measurements, including one in giant letters in the description that mentions the fact that it's a custom made coat with very small shoulders. Makes me wonder how many people actually look at the measurements when they buy something. I bet it's less than 10%. I wouldn't have bought them if I had noticed how small the shoulders were - probably just going to re-donate.
post #24627 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 

so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

 

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it.  i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

 

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy.   frustrated with ebay right now.

higher value items tend to have a much higher rate of nonpayment, ie watches, high end bags, autos especially - not worth getting frustrated over

post #24628 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

higher value items tend to have a much higher rate of nonpayment, ie watches, high end bags, autos especially - not worth getting frustrated over


I know everybody is always searching for the nearly free item. but i am selling at fair prices.

 

thanks for the check. i will relax a bit about it.

post #24629 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I have two custom made sport coats that have 15.75" shoulders. Three people have purchased them so far and I messaged each buyer to make sure they reviewed the measurements before I ship. None of them did, and I had to cancel the sale each time. There are 3 separate reminders in the auction to look at the measurements, including one in giant letters in the description that mentions the fact that it's a custom made coat with very small shoulders. Makes me wonder how many people actually look at the measurements when they buy something. I bet it's less than 10%. I wouldn't have bought them if I had noticed how small the shoulders were - probably just going to re-donate.

I had something like this happen, and I finally used Skitch to add text to the first picture in the listing that indicated the abnormality.

post #24630 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

I had something like this happen, and I finally used Skitch to add text to the first picture in the listing that indicated the abnormality.

I do mostly BINOBO listings and when people make an offer I counter with $0.01 less and add this detail in the comments box, or send them a message saying 'I'm going to accept your offer, but just wanted to confirm if you've seen this detail'.

 

Have done this three times (different items). One person declined my counter of $0.01 less, the other two bought it anyway. All good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions