or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1632

post #24466 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFST View Post
 

Someone paid me with an e-check, the paypal email stated that clears in 6-8 days, will this be against my limit time for shipping and handling (1 buss day) or it's ok?

 

Doesn't count against you. It won't say they've paid til the check clears.

post #24467 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFST View Post
 

Someone paid me with an e-check, the paypal email stated that clears in 6-8 days, will this be against my limit time for shipping and handling (1 buss day) or it's ok?

Won't count against time limit.

Quote:

 

Bros, gotta ship a peacoat. Large priority mail box the best bet?

Will they have these in the actual post office?

 

Depends on how far you're shipping it. For smaller distances you're definitely better off using your own box. And yeah, they have large flat rates at the post office.

post #24468 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFST View Post
 

Someone paid me with an e-check, the paypal email stated that clears in 6-8 days, will this be against my limit time for shipping and handling (1 buss day) or it's ok?


eBay takes the waiting time into account. Don't ship until the check clears.

 

oops... I didn't check the next page to see if it was answered. :embar:

post #24469 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post

Won't count against time limit.

Depends on how far you're shipping it. For smaller distances you're definitely better off using your own box. And yeah, they have large flat rates at the post office.
thanks!
post #24470 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

But no less of this shit...

 

 

i have guys from the states message me about my shipping rates all the time.

 

then i tell them to punch in the dimensions, weight and zip code on the dhl site and see what the rate is; almost always comes out to be DOUBLE than what I charge.  

 

screen cap the quote and put it in my reply.  Usually that ends that particular discussion on shipping. 

post #24471 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

i have guys from the states message me about my shipping rates all the time.

 

then i tell them to punch in the dimensions, weight and zip code on the dhl site and see what the rate is; almost always comes out to be DOUBLE than what I charge.  

 

screen cap the quote and put it in my reply.  Usually that ends that particular discussion on shipping. 

I got so much grief from american buyers complaining about shipping costs when I started out that I now charge a flat rate of $9.99 for most items and cover the difference for Tracked Packet USA (usually around $2 USD) out of my pocket. I've seen a considerable bump in sales since then which more than makes up for the small loss I'm taking on shipping.

 

As for the issue of shipping via USPS First Class International, it is tracked and reliable. If you're not offering it, your listings are most likely getting bypassed by Canadian buyers because of your shipping charges.

post #24472 of 30503
What's the cheapest way to ship a couple pairs of shoes to Japan? UPS or FedEx any cheaper than USPS?
post #24473 of 30503
I shipped a shirt first class to Canada and it cost me about $6 more than U.S.and the buyer happily played. I guess the eBay program is a little too expensive for them to buy a lot of stuff with it.
post #24474 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

What's the cheapest way to ship a couple pairs of shoes to Japan? UPS or FedEx any cheaper than USPS?


USPS Priority International will beat any competitors price.

post #24475 of 30503

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

 

I've added First Class to Canada for almost all of my listings. Maybe that will help to get rid of some of my backstock of Louis Garneau stuff...

 

 

I'm still not selling that tie to the guy that bitched about the price of shipping. His attitude shows that he's not worth dealing with.

post #24476 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


USPS Priority International will beat any competitors price.


This

 

I had a shirt ship to Russia once and it sat in the International Sorting Facility for probably 2-3 weeks, so it definitely isn't the quickest, but the buyer was understanding in that they paid maybe $15 to ship it all that way.

post #24477 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

 

I've added First Class to Canada for almost all of my listings. Maybe that will help to get rid of some of my backstock of Louis Garneau stuff...

 

 

I'm still not selling that tie to the guy that bitched about the price of shipping. His attitude shows that he's not worth dealing with.


It's a good plan. I ship First Class International to all Delcon countries.

post #24478 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

I'm still not selling that tie to the guy that bitched about the price of shipping. His attitude shows that he's not worth dealing with.

This as well.

 

I stopped answering a lot of message on eBay for one of two reasons.

 

1 Shitty attitude - getting a couple bucks more for the item isn't worth him possibly returning an items for a ridiculous reason out of spite.

2. Answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad.

post #24479 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post
 

This as well.

 

I stopped answering a lot of message on eBay for one of two reasons.

 

1 Shitty attitude - getting a couple bucks more for the item isn't worth him possibly returning an items for a ridiculous reason out of spite.

2. Answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad.

 

 

So true... I got a question yesterday asking if a men's jacket was men's or women's. Trying to come up with a response that isn't snarky consumes a lot of time that I don't really have. I've sold 20+ of the exact jacket with no issues. 

post #24480 of 30503
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post
 


This

 

I had a shirt ship to Russia once and it sat in the International Sorting Facility for probably 2-3 weeks, so it definitely isn't the quickest, but the buyer was understanding in that they paid maybe $15 to ship it all that way.

 

Even if you ship USPS Priority International, things will take their sweet time arriving at their destination. This is a pair of ladies boots that I shipped to Israel. They arrived today after quite a journey. They were shipped "Priority". Check out this example of efficiency:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions