Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 9/3/16 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1612post #24166 of 2998710/30/15 at 3:35pm@Koala-T Thanks dude. I should have done what you mention in the listing. I just figured people would read the measurements, but you're probably right about people not doing so. Maybe I should stick to shoes and jeans... I'm not well versed enough in tailored items to be able to tell whether things have been altered without measuring.post #24167 of 2998710/30/15 at 4:17pmQuote:
Thanks. Only problem I see is that the unpaid item ticket is open. As far as I know, the only way to close it is if it's paid. I won't have enough time to get the money order.post #24168 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich
Sold cotton J. Crew sport coat tagged 40S. I included the following measurements in the listing:
underarm seam to underarm seam: 18.5 in.
shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17.5 in.
shoulder seam to cuff: 21.5 in.
shoulder to bottom hem: 29.75 in.
Buyer contacted me today with the following:
this jacket was altered from shoulders, sleeves, and back. it fits more like 36s than a 40s. I've own several Ludlow suits and I know the fit. I will have to take this in to the tailor and this will cost. Please advise.
I actually am not clear what he wants and asked him to clarify. I also pointed out that I included measurements in the listing and encouraged prospective buyers to contact me with any questions.
I'm thinking I'll offer to take it back if he pays shipping or discount if he wants to keep. I don't really want this thing back. What do you guys think?
You are on track. Cost of doing business. I am convinced that most eBay buyers simply do not understand measurements. I would have included a statement that it absolutely does not measure as a 40S.post #24169 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:28pmpost #24170 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:45pmpost #24171 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:47pmpost #24172 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:48pmpost #24173 of 2998710/30/15 at 5:50pmpost #24174 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:05pmQuote:
I appreciate the wsentiment but all that crazy nonsense that was written was wording done by this gone who has hacked into my computer. Fueco, your can get fucked or listen and that ebay seller dashboard you stay up at night starting at and love will remain the same...... Im not fucking joking, he is extorting me to sell him the item I declined on my hack into my accounts. take not of the name, make sure it makes the list and upsdate your lists. all he does is buy and his rating is perfect. its because he control the sellers to charge what wants. Pleese do this for yourselves, I do have no clue how I'm going to handle this.. He may have control of my selling account now too.post #24175 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:12pmpost #24176 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:14pmpost #24177 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:21pmQuote:Pretty sure there is a control where you can turn that off, but I can't remember where it is off the top of my head.Originally Posted by My Main ManQuote:
Thanks. Only problem I see is that the unpaid item ticket is open. As far as I know, the only way to close it is if it's paid. I won't have enough time to get the money order.post #24178 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:21pmpost #24179 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:25pm
You could,what the fuck do I have to gain and why the fuck what I spend this time concocting some story like this if it ws the truth. He owns my computer, I turned it off for a while I have no clue if hell be back in a minute or hour or whatever. This will get changed though, the wording of them, to say some weird shit. Then youl know the fuckers back. Meanwhile I have to selll him a suit fo r 175. I wont fucking do it so hes essentially holding me and all actions on my computer ostage when he wants. OR DON'T FUCKING LISTEN, THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD TO, STARTING AT 6 TO FABRICATE A STORY LIKE THIS ALL ABOUT A BUYER. Your just open invitation now, hes seen the pages and everything he knows whoo the sellers are because I trid to warn. Don't be a fucking idiot. And @Fueco dont listen to any of this because in your case and your case a lone, this is bullshit. Have fun.post #24180 of 2998710/30/15 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
You could,what the fuck do I have to gain and why the fuck what I spend this time concocting some story like this if it ws the truth. He owns my computer, I turned it off for a while I have no clue if hell be back in a minute or hour or whatever. This will get changed though, the wording of them, to say some weird shit. Then youl know the fuckers back. Meanwhile I have to selll him a suit fo r 175. I wont fucking do it so hes essentially holding me and all actions on my computer ostage when he wants. OR DON'T FUCKING LISTEN, THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD TO, STARTING AT 6 TO FABRICATE A STORY LIKE THIS ALL ABOUT A BUYER. Your just open invitation now, hes seen the pages and everything he knows whoo the sellers are because I trid to warn. Don't be a fucking idiot. And @Fueco dont listen to any of this because in your case and your case a lone, this is bullshit. Have fun.
Lol I typed "could" by accident. Fixed that typo. Hope things get better for your situation
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NIB Vass sell off ~US10D - big cuts 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 34 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 48 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 51 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 10/23 PRICE DROP: NWT $8500 KITON SOLID NAVY 14 MICRON SUIT - 52L EU 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...