or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1611

post #24151 of 30470
^^^ ever notice there's different kinds of black? Some are like a saturated blue/black and some seem to be based in a red or brown. Ive noticed that rl uses a very peculiar black in their yarns, they actually call it rl black iirc and i wpuldnt br surprised if it was proprietary...

Seems to me it's likely black, just a blue/black... make sense?

Also, most navy jackets I've seen don't use black buttons
post #24152 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post

Anyone else start to see double after photographing / editing for multiple hours late at night, or early in the morning?  uhoh.gif

Yes. But I also constantly see after images from any light.
post #24153 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post

I have a very nice LP suit.  But, I can't figure out what color it is.  It looks black when placed next to Navy.  But, it looks Navy when placed next to black.  When I hold it outside in the Sun, it might have a navy color, but if I look at it twice, it could be navy or black.   

It is double breasted and has black buttons if that makes a difference.  

Is there a way to definitely tell what color it is?  

It has a stripe (not really thin and close together like a pinstripe) and not really BOLD and widely spaced like a Chalk Stripe.  So, that is the other thing I am struggling with in terms of description.  
"Loro Piana ambiguous color/stripe choose your own adventure suit"
post #24154 of 30470
How do I respond to this?
post #24155 of 30470

Chalk stripe is how you describe chalk stripe. Also, without pictures, in good light, it's going to be impossible to tell you what color we think the suit is.

post #24156 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

How do I respond to this?

Respond with where it was shipped to and that tracking shows it delivered and explain that there's nothing you can do about it.
post #24157 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Respond with where it was shipped to and that tracking shows it delivered and explain that there's nothing you can do about it.

 

Exactly.  When I first started selling I sold a pair of shoes and the tracking shows they were delivered.  But, he said he never got them.  He had tons of positive feedback and I felt bad for him and called the Post office and ebay trying to get him some help.  But, there was nothing I could do.  Once it says delivered, USPS is done.  

post #24158 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

Chalk stripe is how you describe chalk stripe. Also, without pictures, in good light, it's going to be impossible to tell you what color we think the suit is.

 

I wasn't asking for opinions about what color it was because you are right, it would be impossible.  I took pictures in my house and it looked one color and in my office it was another.  I was just wondering if there was some standard way of determining it like if the buttons are black, then it is probably black.  Or some other method.  I just know that a Navy pinstripe is going to be more desirable to more people instead of a black pinstripe.  

post #24159 of 30470
Look at it under direct and full sunlight.
post #24160 of 30470

Also ask your wife. Any time I'm unsure, I walk downstairs, hold it up, and my wife glances at me and says "it's blue".

post #24161 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

Also ask your wife. Any time I'm unsure, I walk downstairs, hold it up, and my wife glances at me and says "it's blue".

 

 

That only works if you're wearing it, and nothing else. :bigstar:

post #24162 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

Chalk stripe is how you describe chalk stripe. Also, without pictures, in good light, it's going to be impossible to tell you what color we think the suit is.

 

I wasn't asking for opinions about what color it was because you are right, it would be impossible.  I took pictures in my house and it looked one color and in my office it was another.  I was just wondering if there was some standard way of determining it like if the buttons are black, then it is probably black.  Or some other method.  I just know that a Navy pinstripe is going to be more desirable to more people instead of a black pinstripe.  

Unfortunately, no. Black buttons often come on navy suits.

post #24163 of 30470

Buyer just sent this message about a suit he won on Sunday. Unpaid Item ticket was opened yesterday:

 

Quote:
PayPal is not being cooperative given the theft at my place, and my related issues, is there a different/better way to pay you?

 

I only had PayPal set up for the auction. What would y'all do?

post #24164 of 30470
Sold cotton J. Crew sport coat tagged 40S. I included the following measurements in the listing:

underarm seam to underarm seam: 18.5 in.
shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17.5 in.
shoulder seam to cuff: 21.5 in.
shoulder to bottom hem: 29.75 in.

Buyer contacted me today with the following:

this jacket was altered from shoulders, sleeves, and back. it fits more like 36s than a 40s. I've own several Ludlow suits and I know the fit. I will have to take this in to the tailor and this will cost. Please advise.

I actually am not clear what he wants and asked him to clarify. I also pointed out that I included measurements in the listing and encouraged prospective buyers to contact me with any questions.

I'm thinking I'll offer to take it back if he pays shipping or discount if he wants to keep. I don't really want this thing back. What do you guys think?
post #24165 of 30470
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

Buyer just sent this message about a suit he won on Sunday. Unpaid Item ticket was opened yesterday:

 

Quote:
PayPal is not being cooperative given the theft at my place, and my related issues, is there a different/better way to pay you?

 

I only had PayPal set up for the auction. What would y'all do?

Safest non-paypal method is for you to tell him to send you a USPS money order and you'll ship when it arrives (and you've cashed it)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Sold cotton J. Crew sport coat tagged 40S. I included the following measurements in the listing:

underarm seam to underarm seam: 18.5 in.
shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17.5 in.
shoulder seam to cuff: 21.5 in.
shoulder to bottom hem: 29.75 in.

Buyer contacted me today with the following:

this jacket was altered from shoulders, sleeves, and back. it fits more like 36s than a 40s. I've own several Ludlow suits and I know the fit. I will have to take this in to the tailor and this will cost. Please advise.

I actually am not clear what he wants and asked him to clarify. I also pointed out that I included measurements in the listing and encouraged prospective buyers to contact me with any questions.

I'm thinking I'll offer to take it back if he pays shipping or discount if he wants to keep. I don't really want this thing back. What do you guys think?

He's expecting you to offer to discount in order to help pay for his tailoring bill. It's hard to know this in the store, but I try to stay away from stuff that's been heavily altered because of shit like this. No one ever reads the measurements. Ugh. Your call on whether or not you want to help the dude out. When I do sell something that has been heavily altered, I usually put both sizes in the title and clarify in the description.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions