or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1600

post #23986 of 30429
Buyer opened a return on a Zegna suit, states the size is wrong. All my measurements match up to the stated size, I requested he provide some additional detail, haven't heard anything back. I'm guessing my best option is to take the return rather than decline it?
post #23987 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

Little help? Listing title ideas for this Brioni clusterfuck please and thank you.









Russian mob special?
post #23988 of 30429
Ebay -> paypal spinoff is having repercussions. Labels purchased on paypal are not updating on ebay consistently.
post #23989 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Ebay -> paypal spinoff is having repercussions. Labels purchased on paypal are not updating on ebay consistently.
Ives noticed the same thing, a lot more labels not updating at all even after a week
post #23990 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

...hope you got the jacket back. Sell for more now that the Mets are "out of the playoffs" and headed to the Series.

Yes, I got it back. Not sure, though, whether to re-list. I would do well to lose 20 pounds and wear it myself. It is actually pretty cool.
post #23991 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Need a little help with this one, anyone translate. Confusing as its very recent DAKS. Feels like cashmere, Measures out to approx 42 S

 

 

 

really strange tag.  my korean is far from perfect, but it says 100% wool outside, 55% polyester/45% rayon inside.  right underneath the 100% wool part, it does say 10% cashmere, but i have no idea where or how that adds up.  at best, it might be a wool/cashmere blend.

post #23992 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


Yes, I got it back. Not sure, though, whether to re-list. I would do well to lose 20 pounds and wear it myself. It is actually pretty cool.


every chance the mets go all the way... my unsolicited advice is to wait until The Series, and if it looks like the mets are gonna pull it off, re-list and cash in. just make sure whoever buys it has a chance to receive it before the parade.

 

:slayer: 

post #23993 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Ebay -> paypal spinoff is having repercussions. Labels purchased on paypal are not updating on ebay consistently.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


Ives noticed the same thing, a lot more labels not updating at all even after a week

Just out of curiosity, is there any benefit to printing from paypal vs printing from eBay?

post #23994 of 30429

can anyone point me to a thread or post about taking photos, specifically with lighting?  i have a small set-up at home, but the lighting in particular is really awful.  some shots are perfectly clear and white but others have a lot of bleeding or other colors mixed in like blue or yellow.  i'm not expecting professional photos since i have 0 experience, am using an iphone and take photos in my basement, but was wondering if anyone had any tips for a noob.

post #23995 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanger87 View Post

can anyone point me to a thread or post about taking photos, specifically with lighting?  i have a small set-up at home, but the lighting in particular is really awful.  some shots are perfectly clear and white but others have a lot of bleeding or other colors mixed in like blue or yellow.  i'm not expecting professional photos since i have 0 experience, am using an iphone and take photos in my basement, but was wondering if anyone had any tips for a noob.

It's been discussed in this very thread a couple of times...can't direct you to a specific post but some thread searching (using a computer, because the search works better that way vs. phone) should turn up results.
post #23996 of 30429
Did you say that you used a tape measure? Hope you meant a tailor's tape as opposed to a carpenter's tape measure.

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this. eBay reps aren't likely to know anything about measuring garments, so explaining it to them won't help. I say that I don't take returns, but I do--it's the only way to avoid negative feedback, and getting negative feedback removed is difficult. I'd say one in 50 items gets returned. It's a PITA, but it is, really, a part of doing business on eBay. Grin and bear it, block the buyer and move on.

You'll never have trouble with knowledgeable, experienced buyers when it comes to measurements, but there are also a ton of people out there who will bitch because the 44R they have in their closet isn't the same size as the one you sold. To help prevent this, I always include in my listings a description of how the measurements were taken:

"Measurements were taken with a tailor's tape while the garment was lying flat. Please compare with a garment that fits you well to ensure proper fit. Measurements are: armpit to armpit in front, 22 inches; shoulder width from seam to seam in back, 18 inches; length from bottom of collar to hem in back, 30 inches; sleeve length, 25 inches with another inch of material available to add length."

If there is a size tag present, I state the tagged size, but with the disclaimer that bidders should compare the measurements with a garment that fits them well. If I wasn't so lazy, I would also include a tutorial on measuring jackets in my listings. It wouldn't take long to write. In fact, I could probably steal one from the Internet somewhere. One day, I'll get around to it. But, even with all this, I would still get buyers who would make unreasonable complaints/demands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post

Got a buyer who told me a sleeve measurement was inaccurate. When I asked him to send me a picture of him taking the measurement, he did so and he was measuring at a weird angle with the sleeve not even fully extended and still got a longer measurement than he initially claimed. He also said that he held it up to 'other suits that are tagged the same size' and the sleeve measurements were different. I explained it back to him, told him there was extra fabric for the tailor and that it was a cheap alteration. He then gave me negative feedback saying the item was not as described, and AFTER he posted the negative feedback he asked for a return (which I explicitly don't offer in my listings).

Is my best course of action to just call into eBay to get the negative feedback removed? From the photo of him taking the measurement he's clearly in the wrong.
post #23997 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post


every chance the mets go all the way... my unsolicited advice is to wait until The Series, and if it looks like the mets are gonna pull it off, re-list and cash in. just make sure whoever buys it has a chance to receive it before the parade.

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif 

But then I wouldn't get to wear it here, where every other person you see is a diehard Cubs fan.
post #23998 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Did you say that you used a tape measure? Hope you meant a tailor's tape as opposed to a carpenter's tape measure.

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this. eBay reps aren't likely to know anything about measuring garments, so explaining it to them won't help. I say that I don't take returns, but I do--it's the only way to avoid negative feedback, and getting negative feedback removed is difficult. I'd say one in 50 items gets returned. It's a PITA, but it is, really, a part of doing business on eBay. Grin and bear it, block the buyer and move on.

You'll never have trouble with knowledgeable, experienced buyers when it comes to measurements, but there are also a ton of people out there who will bitch because the 44R they have in their closet isn't the same size as the one you sold. To help prevent this, I always include in my listings a description of how the measurements were taken:

"Measurements were taken with a tailor's tape while the garment was lying flat. Please compare with a garment that fits you well to ensure proper fit. Measurements are: armpit to armpit in front, 22 inches; shoulder width from seam to seam in back, 18 inches; length from bottom of collar to hem in back, 30 inches; sleeve length, 25 inches with another inch of material available to add length."

If there is a size tag present, I state the tagged size, but with the disclaimer that bidders should compare the measurements with a garment that fits them well. If I wasn't so lazy, I would also include a tutorial on measuring jackets in my listings. It wouldn't take long to write. In fact, I could probably steal one from the Internet somewhere. One day, I'll get around to it. But, even with all this, I would still get buyers who would make unreasonable complaints/demands.

 

Thanks for the response. I used a tailor's tape - HE used a tape measure. Since I don't sell a high volume one negative feedback hurts me pretty significantly. I'm on hold waiting for an eBay rep right now so we'll see how this goes. Gotta help my case that he sent me a picture of the awful measurement he's taking, right?

 

Also, I get the feeling that it's going to come back with damage. No repercussions for the buyer, I assume.

post #23999 of 30429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post
 

Thanks for the response. I used a tailor's tape - HE used a tape measure. Since I don't sell a high volume one negative feedback hurts me pretty significantly. I'm on hold waiting for an eBay rep right now so we'll see how this goes. Gotta help my case that he sent me a picture of the awful measurement he's taking, right?

 

Also, I get the feeling that it's going to come back with damage. No repercussions for the buyer, I assume.

post his username here and he'll get blocked by a ton of sellers. that's a small repercussion. 

post #24000 of 30429

rdma196. block away

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions