Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 3/10/17 at 6:17am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect... Last post on 2/24/17 at 5:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1599post #23972 of 3243610/20/15 at 7:22pmpost #23973 of 3243610/20/15 at 7:43pmpost #23974 of 3243610/20/15 at 7:51pmQuote:
I asked what I could possibly do better and they told me that all that matters is that the buyer feels he didn't get the item he purchased. Since they don't have the item they can't make a judgement on whether or not it's what I described. They have to just go off what the buyer's opinion of the item is. There's nothing you can do as a seller.
Does anyone know if saying you'll take returns minus a restock fee protect you? Or if the person complains do they just get all their money back?post #23975 of 3243610/20/15 at 8:05pm
Buyer purchases a sport coat and messages me to let me know that the "post office screwed up and didn't deliver my package". Turns out the buyer didn't add their apartment number to their address on PayPal. I offer to share the cost of shipping when it gets back here.
It takes me 3 days to pick the item up from the post office (crappy hours plus crazy work and family schedule). I get home from the post office to find an item not received case has been opened on eBay. I call in, speak to 3 reps in 20 minutes. Case closed, I get to keep the sport coat and the money and get protected from a defect.
If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have known to call in. I would have spent the next week messing around with the online resolution center trying to please a confused, aggressive and unreasonable buyer. Thanks guys!
PS. Add warreblai_0 to your block list.post #23976 of 3243610/21/15 at 5:56pm
For guys who have a store and know the answer:
What happens when I put my store in vacation mode? I know I then have the option to hide my listings, and since they're all BIN and no auction, all of them will be hidden. But wasn't there some caveat, where people would still be able to buy? Such as, if they had it in their watch list? Or if you require immediate payment? Or something like that?
Should I even use the option to hide all my listings to begin with? Not sure if it's a good or bad idea...but I also don't want someone buying something and then having to wait a long time before it ships and I get negative / neutral / one star feedback.post #23977 of 3243610/21/15 at 7:37pm
You can check the option of hiding listings and blocking people from buying your BINs in Messages->Settings. My experience from doing the above is that when you finally turn these options off when you return, traffic really takes a while to return. I had to do these in April when I went out of the country for 3 weeks and the next two months were really sluggish, though that could be a summer thing.
My compromise has been to turn vacation settings on so the appropriate message is displayed (Seller is away until xxx date), but I don't hide my listings or block buyers from buying. I just extend the handling time from one day to however many days I'm away for. I've been gone Mon-Fri lately for some conferences and it has worked well. I can respond to offers or messages from buyers. If it's an offer I'm about to accept I'll just send them a message with a heads up saying that I'm out of town and won't be able to ship until xxx date ('This information is displayed on my listings but I still wanted to warn you in case you needed the item in a hurry').
The only drawback to that is that you might lose the fee/shipping discounts for being a Top Rated Seller, but in my case it was worth it. Last time I was gone Mon-Fri, a few weeks ago, I actually sold more items than I do in a regular week, funny enough.post #23978 of 3243610/21/15 at 7:47pmpost #23979 of 3243610/21/15 at 8:31pmpost #23980 of 3243610/21/15 at 11:19pmpost #23981 of 3243610/21/15 at 11:22pmpost #23982 of 3243610/21/15 at 11:30pmpost #23983 of 3243610/21/15 at 11:37pmQuote:
If you block someone, they can see your listings but cannot bid on nor buy anything from you. It's the same whether you have their username on your block list, or they are blocked based on your preference settings. I've gotten messages from both type of blocked users, saying they wanted to bid on something but were prevented from doing so by eBay.post #23984 of 3243610/22/15 at 12:40amQuote:Originally Posted by pnutpug
More a vent than anything else about the worst buyer I've ever encountered.
The Mets make the post season, so it's time to flip my Starter jacket from the mid-1980s. Time it perfectly, and it goes for a decent, but not absurd, price--under $50. I'm happy until I get the first message: Please ship the jacket immediately and I will pay you upon shipment. Before I can ask what he's smoking, he pays, then demands that I ship the jacket immediately, even though the listing clearly says three-day shipping. Nonetheless, I ship early. Takes the post office longer than expected. After four days, the where's-my-jacket messages start. He accuses me of providing a false tracking number, even though the number is right there on the page. When he gets the jacket, he complains that it's filthy (not true) and ripped (not true) and demands a refund. And since he paid before I shipped, it's only fair that I refund his money before he sends me the jacket. Before I can respond, he contacts eBay demanding his money back.
Knowing there's no way I'll win a SNAD, I tell him that I'll refund his money, but only when I get the garment back in the exact condition it was sent. I also tell him that I have taken lots of photographs, so it had better be in the condition it was when he got it. I'm quite sure it will arrive with a fresh tear and I, at the end of the day, will end up with negative feedback.
Presuming I get the jacket back in sellable condition, it will be after the Mets are out of the playoffs, and so I'll have to wait another jillion years.
...hope you got the jacket back. Sell for more now that the Mets are "out of the playoffs" and headed to the Series.post #23985 of 3243610/22/15 at 5:42am
One to add to the list: watchmeshop.
I sell the guy my--yes, this is a shirt that I wore--'90s Hilfiger t-shirt rather than use it as a rag to shine my shoes. I include measurements in the listing, and mention specifically that it fits shorter than a typical XL. The price, including shipping from Canada, was $24.99.
I get two messages this morning. Notice how the buyer states that it "looks" like a child's XL. (At 32 and 185, I'm definitely not a child.) Not that it doesn't fit, but that it looks like it wouldn't fit. Also, what about the hysterics on a $25 t-shirt?
1: "The shirt came today. Looks like a child's XL. I so angry and feel totally taken advantage of. I hate being ripped off.
I'm filing a complaint with eBay. This is blatant false selling."
2: "This shirt is NOT an adult XL. Looks like a child s XL. The seller does not state in the ad that its a child s shirt. I feel ripped off and taken advantage of. Now I have to pay return shipping to Canada because they were dishonest about their product??? This is a SCAM!!! I want refund + return shipping."
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Swim Shorts Orlebar Brown, etc 28-32 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...