or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1598

post #23956 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

I send one message along the lines of this usually 2-3 days after the auction ends:

That usually does the trick within about 24 hours, and if it doesn't, I still feel okay because I've done my due diligence.

Thanks! This is helpful.
post #23957 of 30427
Most of the stuff I've been moving has been BINOBO. I'll take it smile.gif

photo image_zpsnsg7yhog.jpeg
post #23958 of 30427
Yeah, why not...


Should I go with ShipCover Insurance, or USPS Insurance?
post #23959 of 30427
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif USPS.
post #23960 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif USPS.

Thanks!!
post #23961 of 30427
I really don't get people sometimes...

post #23962 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif USPS.
Can I ask why you say to use USPS? Based on some reviews I've seen it sounds like they drag their feet with paying up. I've been using Shipcover and the time I had to make a claim it was paid up quickly.
post #23963 of 30427

Re: insurance:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Turnaround time for a USPS claim to get paid out - 2-3 weeks and several phone calls
Turnaround time for a ShipCover claim to get paid out - 2 days, 3 mouse clicks

 

yeah, i thought I had read differently in the past as well...

post #23964 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

 

yeah, i thought I had read differently in the past as well...


I had good experience myself with USPS indeed.. Took 3 days. (coming from CanadaPost)


Edited by stylexchangemtl - 11/3/15 at 11:13am
post #23965 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Can I ask why you say to use USPS? Based on some reviews I've seen it sounds like they drag their feet with paying up. I've been using Shipcover and the time I had to make a claim it was paid up quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

yeah, i thought I had read differently in the past as well...

Its true that ShipCover pays out super fast in case of a claim - but it depends on the dollar value for me. For a high dollar value I always insure with USPS. Ive never had to use ShipCover for anything other than USPS priority mail packages that I insured (when countries did not allow for express mail) and that worked perfectly. But domestic damages/missing/empty boxes Ive never used them and would prefer the security of a known company like USPS than ShipCover whom I can't even call to update the claim.

Make sense?
post #23966 of 30427

Got a buyer who told me a sleeve measurement was inaccurate. When I asked him to send me a picture of him taking the measurement, he did so and he was measuring at a weird angle with the sleeve not even fully extended and still got a longer measurement than he initially claimed. He also said that he held it up to 'other suits that are tagged the same size' and the sleeve measurements were different. I explained it back to him, told him there was extra fabric for the tailor and that it was a cheap alteration. He then gave me negative feedback saying the item was not as described, and AFTER he posted the negative feedback he asked for a return (which I explicitly don't offer in my listings).

 

Is my best course of action to just call into eBay to get the negative feedback removed? From the photo of him taking the measurement he's clearly in the wrong.

post #23967 of 30427
I sold a older Brioni polo tagged xl but put in the title that it fits medium. In the description I wrote its older and the measurements on the tag aren't to a current standard and the look at the actual measurements before buying. Guy wants to return because he had other Brioni xls and it doesn't fit the same. Ebay tells me that because the buyer doesn't feel he got what he thought he purchased I have to take it back and pay both shipping charges. They suggested I just accept returns and count the loss as part of doing business.
post #23968 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

I sold a older Brioni polo tagged xl but put in the title that it fits medium. In the description I wrote its older and the measurements on the tag aren't to a current standard and the look at the actual measurements before buying. Guy wants to return because he had other Brioni xls and it doesn't fit the same. Ebay tells me that because the buyer doesn't feel he got what he thought he purchased I have to take it back and pay both shipping charges. They suggested I just accept returns and count the loss as part of doing business.
Bummer. For my own education, did you include measurements in the description?
post #23969 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Bummer. For my own education, did you include measurements in the description?
No. I took pictures with a tape measure. And I wrote this
"Shirt is tagged as an xl, but is much smaller by today's U.S.standards. Fit is probably more like a medium. See the pictures for condition and exact size measurements."
post #23970 of 30427

Thought I'd mention RocketShip It (www.rocketshipit.com -- full disclaimer: I know the owner) as something you higher volume guys might get use out of. It's a set of PHP libraries that hook into the USPS, UPS, and FedEx APIs and let you automate label generation, tracking etc. You can shoot labels out to your thermal printer or whatever without messing with the truly horrendous web interfaces these couriers have.

 

I seldom do ebay anymore but still ship a lot (online shopping returns) and will not go near the websites anymore, especially USPS (dear USPS: burn in hell). This guy literally combed through thousands of pages of documentation on APIs and coded a solution from scratch.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions