Thanks! This is helpful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 1/21/17 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect for... Last post on 1/20/17 at 6:03am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1598post #23957 of 3122110/19/15 at 6:35pmpost #23958 of 3122110/19/15 at 7:43pmpost #23959 of 3122110/19/15 at 7:48pmpost #23960 of 3122110/19/15 at 7:49pmpost #23961 of 3122110/20/15 at 8:12ampost #23962 of 3122110/20/15 at 8:23ampost #23963 of 3122110/20/15 at 8:30ampost #23964 of 3122110/20/15 at 2:46pmpost #23965 of 3122110/20/15 at 4:34pmQuote:Quote:
Its true that ShipCover pays out super fast in case of a claim - but it depends on the dollar value for me. For a high dollar value I always insure with USPS. Ive never had to use ShipCover for anything other than USPS priority mail packages that I insured (when countries did not allow for express mail) and that worked perfectly. But domestic damages/missing/empty boxes Ive never used them and would prefer the security of a known company like USPS than ShipCover whom I can't even call to update the claim.
Make sense?post #23966 of 3122110/20/15 at 5:39pm
Got a buyer who told me a sleeve measurement was inaccurate. When I asked him to send me a picture of him taking the measurement, he did so and he was measuring at a weird angle with the sleeve not even fully extended and still got a longer measurement than he initially claimed. He also said that he held it up to 'other suits that are tagged the same size' and the sleeve measurements were different. I explained it back to him, told him there was extra fabric for the tailor and that it was a cheap alteration. He then gave me negative feedback saying the item was not as described, and AFTER he posted the negative feedback he asked for a return (which I explicitly don't offer in my listings).
Is my best course of action to just call into eBay to get the negative feedback removed? From the photo of him taking the measurement he's clearly in the wrong.post #23967 of 3122110/20/15 at 6:41pmI sold a older Brioni polo tagged xl but put in the title that it fits medium. In the description I wrote its older and the measurements on the tag aren't to a current standard and the look at the actual measurements before buying. Guy wants to return because he had other Brioni xls and it doesn't fit the same. Ebay tells me that because the buyer doesn't feel he got what he thought he purchased I have to take it back and pay both shipping charges. They suggested I just accept returns and count the loss as part of doing business.post #23968 of 3122110/20/15 at 6:47pmQuote:Bummer. For my own education, did you include measurements in the description?Originally Posted by jamesmkeart
I sold a older Brioni polo tagged xl but put in the title that it fits medium. In the description I wrote its older and the measurements on the tag aren't to a current standard and the look at the actual measurements before buying. Guy wants to return because he had other Brioni xls and it doesn't fit the same. Ebay tells me that because the buyer doesn't feel he got what he thought he purchased I have to take it back and pay both shipping charges. They suggested I just accept returns and count the loss as part of doing business.post #23969 of 3122110/20/15 at 6:51pmQuote:No. I took pictures with a tape measure. And I wrote this
"Shirt is tagged as an xl, but is much smaller by today's U.S.standards. Fit is probably more like a medium. See the pictures for condition and exact size measurements."post #23970 of 3122110/20/15 at 7:08pm
Thought I'd mention RocketShip It (www.rocketshipit.com -- full disclaimer: I know the owner) as something you higher volume guys might get use out of. It's a set of PHP libraries that hook into the USPS, UPS, and FedEx APIs and let you automate label generation, tracking etc. You can shoot labels out to your thermal printer or whatever without messing with the truly horrendous web interfaces these couriers have.
I seldom do ebay anymore but still ship a lot (online shopping returns) and will not go near the websites anymore, especially USPS (dear USPS: burn in hell). This guy literally combed through thousands of pages of documentation on APIs and coded a solution from scratch.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Hackett mayfair light grey wool blazer new 51 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 26 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 28 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 34 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 36 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...