or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1593

post #23881 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

Little help? Listing title ideas for this Brioni clusterfuck please and thank you.









Tapestry comes to life in this original from Brioni. Wear a museum piece with you on the go!
post #23882 of 30441

I never pay more than $9 to ship in RRA boxes. From @Brianpore 's shipping guide:

 

Sports Coat: tyvek then Regional Rate Box A

Suit: Coat and Pants get seperate tyvek then both go into Regional Rate Box A. If too thick see "Heavy Coat"

below.

post #23883 of 30441

I'm listing a Burberry Blazer and having trouble with the size. 

 

It measured 23 P2P and 19" shoulders 

 

Length (BOC) is 30" and the sleeve is 23.75

 

I think its a Short based on the BOC and the sleeve.  

 

And I would normally say its a 44, but the shoulder measurement seems a little small?  

 

Any thoughts? 

post #23884 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I'm listing a Burberry Blazer and having trouble with the size. 

 

It measured 23 P2P and 19" shoulders 

 

Length (BOC) is 30" and the sleeve is 23.75

 

I think its a Short based on the BOC and the sleeve.  

 

And I would normally say its a 44, but the shoulder measurement seems a little small?  

 

Any thoughts? 

 

I'm a 43-44L and prefer jackets 22.5-23" P2P and ideally a 18.25-18.75" shoulder. I can go a little broader than that for more structured shoulders, but not too much more.

post #23885 of 30441
Hey guys, someone wants to make a return. How do i set this up qithout it hitting me as a snad/etc. Do i just tell them to start a return?
post #23886 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

I see. I don't print the label, I hand write everything and then mark shipped and upload the tracking number. Bad idea?

Whoops, this is what I do too, but I only sell a two or three items a week. Will start printing through eBay, didn't realise there was any advantage. Thanks!
post #23887 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

Not slamming the guy... It just seems incredibly time consuming (and expensive). Believe me, I have much to learn in this area. I still print labels and cut them out. I am buying a label printer from eBay which should save me considerable amounts of time.

I, too, still do it the old-fashioned way. The biggest hassle is finding free boxes. I usually pick them up from the local supermarket. When I sense the possibility of a flake, I take pictures of the address before I ship. I am making progress. I now have a postal scale and a printer, although I have yet to use either. Soon...

Last time I checked, it's cheaper to ship the old-fashioned way IF it is parcel post, now called standard, which hasn't been available online. But, more and more, I'm finding that priority is the same as standard, which is cheaper if you DIY.
post #23888 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Hey guys, someone wants to make a return. How do i set this up qithout it hitting me as a snad/etc. Do i just tell them to start a return?

Yes, make it as easy as possible on the buyer and try not to get eBay involved, which is to say, handle it just between yourself and the buyer. If the buyer has not already gotten eBay involved, assure him that you'll take it back and make him whole. I'm not sure there's much else you can do to prevent a SNAD or a defect ding. I say in my listings that I don't take returns, but I do. More and more, eBay is forcing sellers to take returns. Very, very difficult to win a dispute with a buyer who wants to return something, no matter the reason.
post #23889 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post

I'm listing a Burberry Blazer and having trouble with the size. 

It measured 23 P2P and 19" shoulders 

Length (BOC) is 30" and the sleeve is 23.75

I think its a Short based on the BOC and the sleeve.  

And I would normally say its a 44, but the shoulder measurement seems a little small?  

Any thoughts? 

That's a 44 short in my book.
post #23890 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


Yes, make it as easy as possible on the buyer and try not to get eBay involved, which is to say, handle it just between yourself and the buyer. If the buyer has not already gotten eBay involved, assure him that you'll take it back and make him whole. I'm not sure there's much else you can do to prevent a SNAD or a defect ding. I say in my listings that I don't take returns, but I do. More and more, eBay is forcing sellers to take returns. Very, very difficult to win a dispute with a buyer who wants to return something, no matter the reason.

 

I think ultimately you'll get a defect anyway when you give the money back, as it triggers automatically in instances where a full refund is issued. I think the only way to issue a full refund but avoid a defect is to issue the amount less one cent, then send a separate transaction for the final penny. I may be misinformed though. 

post #23891 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremyth View Post
 

 

I think ultimately you'll get a defect anyway when you give the money back, as it triggers automatically in instances where a full refund is issued. I think the only way to issue a full refund but avoid a defect is to issue the amount less one cent, then send a separate transaction for the final penny. I may be misinformed though. 

 

 

I keep hearing this, but I've never received a defect on Ebay when refunding a buyer through PayPal.

post #23892 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

I keep hearing this, but I've never received a defect on Ebay when refunding a buyer through PayPal.

 

Probably one of those messageboard wives' tales then. I don't look at my defect rate ever because there's not much I can do about it anyway.

post #23893 of 30441

pretty sure i have a guy who knows all the ins and outs of ebay that just bought an item from me.

 

accepted his offer, waits exactly 3 days and 23h-45m to pay

 

already anticipating his INAD case.  

post #23894 of 30441
Is there a way to do a return without using ebay? I hope i domt get a defect on a regular return

I think i messed up on this one. Listed it as 50s in the title. Its really a 50r(tag size) /40r, but i gave measurements and the item specifics as a 50 r , but short jacket length (it fits short ).

In the description wrote up , i put 50r/40r . The guy bought it assuming it was a 50 US. I could probably fight this cant I?
Edited by jdrizzy - 10/16/15 at 10:31am
post #23895 of 30441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Is there a way to do a return without using ebay? I hope i domt get a defect on a regular return

Sure! You can always send the buyer a label that you print up yourself. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions