or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1588

post #23806 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylexchangemtl View Post
 


Best thing is to post a fit picture and include your dimensions

This only works if you're selling things that fit you. If you're a 36 waist and you post a fit pic of you wearing size 28 pants, it's going to look like weird fetish porn that I don't understand or something.

post #23807 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylexchangemtl View Post


Best thing is to post a fit picture and include your dimensions

Not this.
post #23808 of 30466
I have buyer in India asking me to mark as gift on customs form? What should I tell them?
post #23809 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

I have buyer in India asking me to mark as gift on customs form? What should I tell them?

Just say no. They're asking you to commit customs fraud in order to save them a few bucks on import duties. Keep a screenshot of the message and you'll be protected from negative feedback.

post #23810 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

I have buyer in India asking me to mark as gift on customs form? What should I tell them?

Just say no. They're asking you to commit customs fraud in order to save them a few bucks on import duties. Keep a screenshot of the message and you'll be protected from negative feedback.

Actually, go ahead and report the buyer now, tell them "No" and ship. The buyer report button is in the messages interface. The buyer will not be notified that they've been reported.

post #23811 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Actually, go ahead and report the buyer now, tell them "No" and ship. The buyer report button is in the messages interface. The buyer will not be notified that they've been reported.
That haven't actually paid yet so that's good
post #23812 of 30466
One new name to add to the do not sell list. Never paid back in July/August because they had "too many doctor bills."

sannasannasannasanna_123123
Edited by turkey_sandwich - 10/13/15 at 8:09pm
post #23813 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Two new names to add to the do not sell list. One never paid back in July/August because they had "too many doctor bills." The other one just had an unpaid case opened against them. Seriously, for a $15 pair of Nudies?

sannasannasannasanna_123123
venados6

 

 

Shouldn't you wait until that unpaid item case is closed before telling us that the user is worth blocking?

post #23814 of 30466
Possibly, but I've heard nothing since Sunday, even after sending a reminder and invoice. Not looking promising, imo. It's venados, for those who want to wait.
post #23815 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Possibly, but I've heard nothing since Sunday, even after sending a reminder and invoice. Not looking promising, imo. It's venados, for those who want to wait.

 

 

When did the auction end?

 

 

I routinely have people pay on Friday or Saturday after I open an unpaid item reminder on Wednesday. I have it set up so that I relist items that aren't paid on Sunday, unless the buyer sends a reasonable sounding message stating that they will pay on Monday, or whenever. Getting freaked out because someone hasn't paid for two or three days after the auction ends will get you nowhere in this business.

post #23816 of 30466
Not getting freaked out, I'm just of the mindset that there are a lot of people on eBay that do pay shortly after the auction closes and I'd rather that they bid on things I list, vs. the people that need to be hounded for money.

That said, I have very little experience with the latter and having to deal with unpaid cases. My only experience was that the buyer basically ignored the whole thing and never paid.
post #23817 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Not getting freaked out, I'm just of the mindset that there are a lot of people on eBay that do pay shortly after the auction closes and I'd rather that they bid on things I list, vs. the people that need to be hounded for money.

That said, I have very little experience with the latter and having to deal with unpaid cases. My only experience was that the buyer basically ignored the whole thing and never paid.

 

 

The more you list/sell, the more you'll discover it's not really a big deal.

 

I just relist after a week, and block the people who never contact me. It keeps me sane, and keeps the emotion out of the business side of things.

post #23818 of 30466

Wondering what's going on with this one: bought a couple shirts from an eBay seller on 10/3, with a stated 2-day handling time.  They bought a UPS label 5 days later on 10/8.  That's it....hasn't entered the UPS system yet, so still not shipped an additional 5 days after the label was purchased.  I guess technically it's been 6 business days, vs. 10 calendar days, but dang.  Guess I'll wait a few days before filing a not received case, unless there's something else I should do...

post #23819 of 30466
@Fueco was right -- I should've waited to post. Venados6 just paid...
post #23820 of 30466
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

@Fueco was right -- I should've waited to post. Venados6 just paid...

My last buyer from this past weekend just paid as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions