or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1446

post #21676 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pepper View Post


Yikes.  How is that dude still out there?  I am assuming you can only not pay a certain # of times before getting the boot, right?

One would think so...I'm not sure how many strikes would lead to being banned, if there even is such a thing as banning a buyer who does sometimes pay, other times not. They made me an offer on an auction item, I'm assuming because I block bidders with unpaid strikes and they could not bid.
post #21677 of 21690
WTF. Bidder won an auction and never paid, blocked, relisted and the same user just messaged me about a BIN price on the same item. Is everyone taking crazy pills?! I posted them earlier but def block if you haven't - kierrandomari . Same dealio - see their feedback as a buyer.
post #21678 of 21690

Quick survey - always put US approximate suit/sport coat sizing in listing?  I feel like I've had a few people returning for size because they think they're buying a US sized 54/54 etc...  Most recent one was mad, said I sold a "radically altered" suit.  Just got it back, it's a perfectly normal 52 EZ.

Approximate US sizing in the title/body ok?  Been only putting tagged EU size in the info block, even leaving out US approximation in title, description, think I may change back to giving an approximate US size.

post #21679 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Quick survey - always put US approximate suit/sport coat sizing in listing?  I feel like I've had a few people returning for size because they think they're buying a US sized 54/54 etc...  Most recent one was mad, said I sold a "radically altered" suit.  Just got it back, it's a perfectly normal 52 EZ.

Approximate US sizing in the title/body ok?  Been only putting tagged EU size in the info block, even leaving out US approximation in title, description, think I may change back to giving an approximate US size.

As I understand it the "Item Details" section is only for US sizing, so if I've got an item that only has IT sizing, like in your case a Zegna 52R, I'd put 52R IT/~42RUS in the title, and ~42 in the "item details" section, then call it out in the body.

post #21680 of 21690

I thought you always had to put tagged sizing in the item details?

post #21681 of 21690

Also, does everyone's ebay look like this now?  No wonder I have people asking me for measurements.  eBay doesn't automatically show your listing anymore.  They have to click here to show, and it opens up in a tiny window.

post #21682 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Also, does everyone's ebay look like this now?  No wonder I have people asking me for measurements.  eBay doesn't automatically show your listing anymore.  They have to click here to show, and it opens up in a tiny window.

 

Not everybody yet. Seems like ebay randomly chose you for some beta testing.

 

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2015/7/1435782270.html

post #21683 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Also, does everyone's ebay look like this now?  No wonder I have people asking me for measurements.  eBay doesn't automatically show your listing anymore.  They have to click here to show, and it opens up in a tiny window.

 

Not everybody yet. Seems like ebay randomly chose you for some beta testing.

 

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2015/7/1435782270.html

I called and the guy said they are getting a crap ton of complaints about it. Its something they are testing (have done it in the past, lasted 3 weeks and was random). He said the best thing to do is to send in your opinion how much you hate it.

 

http://qu.ebay.com/survey?srvName=myebay%20(myebay-US)

 

 

Side note being that if you are viewing the items and you clear your cookies it "should" clear up the test unless ebay opts you into it again


Edited by Brianpore - Yesterday at 10:47 am
post #21684 of 21690
Anyone notice that eBay seems to have removed the measurements from the tie width categories? For example, "classic" width no longer necessitates a width of 3.5 to 3.75". I like this, as I thought it was silly to classify 3.25" width as skinny.
post #21685 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Anyone notice that eBay seems to have removed the measurements from the tie width categories? For example, "classic" width no longer necessitates a width of 3.5 to 3.75". I like this, as I thought it was silly to classify 3.25" width as skinny.
'

yes and its frustrating because it leaves a lot to interpretation. Ive added what i define as skinny, wide, and classic in my auctions so theres no confusion.
post #21686 of 21690

Good Morning! Woke up to tons of sales. Then the fun begins, custom forms, out of one size of envelope. :-)

 

Does anyone have any tips for shipping a silk shirt to avoid as many wrinkles as possible?

 

1. The padded flat rate envelope seems to small. This is the way I usually ship but this buyer is really concerned about wrinkles. He asked that I use tissue paper so I'm thinking I'll need a bigger envelope/box.

 

2. Would the usps tyvek envelopes work or would that be two big/floppy?

 

Anyway, what do you all do to ship silk shirts in a wrinkle free manner?

 

Thanks!

 

ETA: I usually fold them like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58z7HYn5c2A

 

Not sure if adding plastic or tissue like this is the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-AoSwuPAw

 

 

post #21687 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicthrifter View Post
 

Good Morning! Woke up to tons of sales. Then the fun begins, custom forms, out of one size of envelope. :-)

 

Does anyone have any tips for shipping a silk shirt to avoid as many wrinkles as possible?

 

1. The padded flat rate envelope seems to small. This is the way I usually ship but this buyer is really concerned about wrinkles. He asked that I use tissue paper so I'm thinking I'll need a bigger envelope/box.

 

2. Would the usps tyvek envelopes work or would that be two big/floppy?

 

Anyway, what do you all do to ship silk shirts in a wrinkle free manner?

 

Thanks!

 

ETA: I usually fold them like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58z7HYn5c2A

 

Not sure if adding plastic or tissue like this is the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-AoSwuPAw

 

 

About the videos, I like the first one, the second way is sloppy and seems such a waste of materials.

post #21688 of 21690

Anyway to schedule a pickup after closing the transaction/printed the label? :brick:

post #21689 of 21690

USPS website, I think you can schedule a pickup as long as it's priority.  If it's not there's a charge.

post #21690 of 21690
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicthrifter View Post
 

Good Morning! Woke up to tons of sales. Then the fun begins, custom forms, out of one size of envelope. :-)

 

Does anyone have any tips for shipping a silk shirt to avoid as many wrinkles as possible?

 

1. The padded flat rate envelope seems to small. This is the way I usually ship but this buyer is really concerned about wrinkles. He asked that I use tissue paper so I'm thinking I'll need a bigger envelope/box.

 

2. Would the usps tyvek envelopes work or would that be two big/floppy?

 

Anyway, what do you all do to ship silk shirts in a wrinkle free manner?

 

Thanks!

 

ETA: I usually fold them like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58z7HYn5c2A

 

Not sure if adding plastic or tissue like this is the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-AoSwuPAw

 

 


I would never put a silk shirt in anything other than a Priority 1097 box. I carefully fold the shirt with a tissue insert. Then I place the shirt between two pieces of tissue and secure the sides. Then, that gets placed in a 2mil resealable plastic bag before being placed in the box. What some consider a "waste of supplies", I consider 100% customer satisfaction.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions