I thought I would post this for those that are interested in tracking their profits in excel, but don't use excel very often. If any excel junkies notice any errors, please let me know. Also, if anyone notices any errors in what I have eBay and PayPal charging for fees, also let me know.
Please reference the photo below when looking at formulas:Formula for Final Value Fee for Buy it Now when the item sold + shipping was greater than $50:
- Cell E2 is the cell in which I type either the word Auction or the letters BIN
- Cell B2 is the Sale Price
- Cell K2 is the Shipping Charged to BuyerFinal Value Fee for Buy It Now when the item sold + shipping charged to buyer was less than $50:
- Cell B2 is Sale Price
- Cell K2 is Shipping Charged to BuyerFinal Value Fee for Auction Style Listing:
- Again, in cell E2 I would type either the word Auction or the letters BIN
- Same as above (B2 is sale price and k2 is shipping charged to buyer)
Below is an example of how you could setup a spreadsheet to calculate your profit on any given item. All of the formulas I have listed match this example:Formula in Profit cell:
=IF(B2>0,(B2+K2)-M2,"")Formula in Total Costs cell:
The rest of the numbers are manually typed in, no formulas.