or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 109

post #1621 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


You should just post the rates as your fixed shipping costs and avoid the whole contact process, which 95% of the people wont adhere to anyhow.

The auction already has started can I change the shipping costs mid-way?

post #1622 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

So you want to preemptively get back at him puzzled.gif


No, but I can smell the negative feedback coming.

post #1623 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


You should just post the rates as your fixed shipping costs and avoid the whole contact process, which 95% of the people wont adhere to anyhow.


Yep this way people can pay the moment they win the auction and forget about it.


Edited by stylexchangemtl - 12/24/12 at 1:51pm
post #1624 of 15308

Is there any way to include signature confirmation for international shipments via USPS? I've read that Express Mail is the only method

post #1625 of 15308

So the item I sold on ebay, I had sent it signature confirmation, this email from USPS. 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

1000

 

 

 

 

 

Now the buyer acknowledged receipt so its fine, but had they denied receiving the package, would I be SOL?

post #1626 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

You should just post the rates as your fixed shipping costs and avoid the whole contact process, which 95% of the people wont adhere to anyhow.

Yeah I do this now as well, can't even seem to get buyers to read ahead of time. If it's a more expensive item, I put international shipping flat rate at $100 or more so a buyer will actually email me first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeep2001 View Post

So the item I sold on ebay, I had sent it signature confirmation, this email from USPS. 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000



Now the buyer acknowledged receipt so its fine, but had they denied receiving the package, would I be SOL?

Curious as well as I sold a suit for $600 and I got this letter as well though buyer was a doctor and already left positive feedback. I also forgot to send him the suit pants facepalm.gif

Can't get any sleep teaching




Also as a side note, sent a sweater to Italy with USPS Priority and buyer got it in under a week with no issues on customs. Kinda worried but it went through
post #1627 of 15308

An example why I except returns without a lot of resistance.....

 

Original listing...

 

700

 

Buyer contacted me with this message...

 

Note: He never even read the description until he got the item. It is listed and described as 46R (tagged Extra Large) 

 

 

Dear weso0119,

I focused on the 46 L size in bidding on this jacket. I received it today realized that it is neither 46 nor long. After rereading the item description I see the caveats about size. Can I return it or should I just throw it out? I will pay reasonable costs for the return. Thanks

 

Um....NO, why would you throw it away?????

 

Buyer payed return shipping, plus 10% restocking/moron fee.

 

 

 

Relisted after return....

 

700

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1628 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

An example why I except returns without a lot of resistance.....

 

Original listing...

 

700

 

Buyer contacted me with this message...

 

Note: He never even read the description until he got the item. It is listed and described as 46R (tagged Extra Large) 

 

 

Dear weso0119,

I focused on the 46 L size in bidding on this jacket. I received it today realized that it is neither 46 nor long. After rereading the item description I see the caveats about size. Can I return it or should I just throw it out? I will pay reasonable costs for the return. Thanks

 

Um....NO, why would you throw it away?????

 

Buyer payed return shipping, plus 10% restocking/moron fee.

 

 

 

Relisted after return....

 

700

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

nice! also good going on that schott! (yes i was still watching it...peepwall[1].gif)

post #1629 of 15308

Thanks, was hoping it would have pulled in another 100, but no complaints here.

post #1630 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Thanks, was hoping it would have pulled in another 100, but no complaints here.

I was actually a bit surprised it went for what it did. I thought the wear/repair would have brought in lower price, but hey, if someone wants to pay, we'll sell. fistbump.gif

or at least you will, I'm still a bit of a bum, need a mannequin...

post #1631 of 15308

I'm done selling trousers.

 

Zegna flat front cords? $9.99

Brown J Press flat fronts? $9.99

St. Andrews flannel? $10.49

 

Seriously?

 

Though that BrooksFlannel shirt everyone went nuts over did sell to a guy in Norway for $61.

post #1632 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

I'm done selling trousers.

Zegna flat front cords? $9.99
Brown J Press flat fronts? $9.99
St. Andrews flannel? $10.49

Seriously?

Though that BrooksFlannel shirt everyone went nuts over did sell to a guy in Norway for $61.


My auctions have been volatile lately. Some bring considerably more or considerably less than expected. I had a Brooks Brothers 346 sport coat bring over $150 while a pair of NWT cotton Milanos brought $21, both are shipped prices.
post #1633 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

I'm done selling trousers.

 

Zegna flat front cords? $9.99

Brown J Press flat fronts? $9.99

St. Andrews flannel? $10.49

 

Seriously?

 

Though that BrooksFlannel shirt everyone went nuts over did sell to a guy in Norway for $61.

 

When you tag your J.Press pants as size "L" thats a problem.  I would have added a waist of 40 to your auction and guaranteed yourself another 10 bucks

 

Saint Andrews is not as commonly a searched brand, would have probably done it a buy it now auction, or at least a higher starting price, same with crimson red zegna cords.

post #1634 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

I'm done selling trousers.

Zegna flat front cords? $9.99
Brown J Press flat fronts? $9.99
St. Andrews flannel? $10.49

Seriously?

Though that BrooksFlannel shirt everyone went nuts over did sell to a guy in Norway for $61.

With BIN I sold a pair of Canali Pleated and Zanella Pleated for $30 + $6 S&H. Had I auctioned them, they'd probably end up somewhere near what you posted. I just listed some other trousers with pretty wishful prices (significantly higher than $30) and I'm convinced that someone will come along and buy them, eventually. It might take 2 months, but it will happen. Granted, you can't price everything like that, but I'd rather wait the 2 months and sell 'em for 5-7x what they'd go for at auction in 7 or 10 days.

One strategy is to build up a large inventory of BIN items, large enough that while each individual item may take a "long" time to sell, you're selling stuff on somewhat of a regular basis because as a new item begins its journey, another's is ending.
post #1635 of 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

One strategy is to build up a large inventory of BIN items, large enough that while each individual item may take a "long" time to sell, you're selling stuff on somewhat of a regular basis because as a new item begins its journey, another's is ending.

Be prepared to request higher selling limits. Ebay assumes you're going to get your BIN price, so those all count against you when measuring your monthly sales limit.

EDIT: You're also turning yourself off, possibly permanently, to a large swath of the buying public. You're basically saying you're spending all this time to list items to target one dude. You may want to complement this with some "loss leaders" like shirts or ties to drive traffic to your profile. Just sayin'.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions