or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 105

post #1561 of 18149
^ Right...one typically doesn't leave two weeks' worth of mail to just pile up at home; either have USPS hold it or ask a friend to pick up your mail for you and they'll get the package too.
post #1562 of 18149

^ you may run into issues with a friend picking it up for you if, by chance, you have to sign for it. The ladies at the post office, who know me quite well, would not let my friend sign for my package even with me on the phone authorizing it. 

post #1563 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

^ you may run into issues with a friend picking it up for you if, by chance, you have to sign for it. The ladies at the post office, who know me quite well, would not let my friend sign for my package even with me on the phone authorizing it. 

I meant picking up your mail for you from your mailbox/front porch, not the post office.
post #1564 of 18149
Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?
post #1565 of 18149
I've sold a few items on B&S and for what it's worth I've always posted mid-week, mid-day and always bumped around there i.e. 7 days later. I've had them sit dormant for a week or two but twice in this scenario I've had someone contact to buy within one hour of bumping.

So maybe: no rhyme or reason to listing/bumping time and in my case it probably has more to do with being near the front.
post #1566 of 18149

Another for the blacklist - a seller: dwer5329

(I'm not asking people to do work for me; I don't have the blacklist info anymore and want to give a heads-up).

Dude sold me a sweater described as being in "mint" condition, and when I got it, it had 3 spots of spaghetti sauce or BBQ sauce or something dribbled down the front.  He offered to refund the purchase price and said I should go get it dry cleaned.  He'll take a return, still only refund purchase price, but not shipping costs either way.  I've never left a negative feedback for a seller but in this case I might. 

post #1567 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?

Never lol8[1].gif

 

The B&S IMO is pretty useless these days....maybe I'm totally f'ing it up, but I use to do a TON of sales and now if I have maybe one a month I'm happy and my listings have not changed and I was bumping every 7 days....

post #1568 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?

I list on Saturday or Sunday AM and pay for the 7 buck bump fee, bump on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

Dont out bump me, bro.
post #1569 of 18149
I forget to bump my listings for months. Eventually someone finds it.
post #1570 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Dont out bump me, bro.

Being the cheap mofo I am, that seems unlikely.

Thanks, all, for the input.
post #1571 of 18149

Thoughts on this... I picked up a piece to an old camera from a seller with a solid rep from Poland of all places (listed on US ebay). Auction closed on the 27th of last month, and I was notified of shipping a day or two later. Ebay's estimated delivery (I'm sure it's useless, right?) says Nov. 29th to Dec 12th. This is a general automated estimate that doesn't take into account the holiday season or that it's arriving from an international seller right?

 

Should I give it till the end of the week before contacting him? Ebay for some reason says the item has been re-listed, but when you click on their link to see, it takes me to an auction with similar words in the title, but a totally different thing. Also his completed listings don't show him re-selling it to someone else, so I assume I'm safe. Ebay mentioned the re-listing after the item had shipped.

 

Am I just an impatient bastard?

post #1572 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Am I just an impatient bastard?

 

 

Yes.

post #1573 of 18149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Should I give it till the end of the week before contacting him? Ebay for some reason says the item has been re-listed, but when you click on their link to see, it takes me to an auction with similar words in the title, but a totally different thing. Also his completed listings don't show him re-selling it to someone else, so I assume I'm safe. Ebay mentioned the re-listing after the item had shipped.

He probably clicked relist to use the same template or something and then filled in the specifics with his new item. No clue on the rest, it shouldn't be a big deal to just shoot seller a message.
post #1574 of 18149

Thanks guys, that's what I figured.

post #1575 of 18149
I just did a major closet cleaning, photographed and measured everything in anticipation of listing tomorrow night, then I realized the auctions will be ending the day before Christmas eve.

Are you big time sellers holding off till after the holidays?
I seem to remember stuff selling poorly in january and february.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions