or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1019

post #15271 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Mayday mayday. Entire upper closet system broke & fell down, onto lower system which also failed. Now have 150+ items hanging in various doorways. Fire Marshall would give me a fail for access to a 2nd means of egress. Need to buy some quality z-racks...or start selling some of this stuff. #ThriftAndHorde

Outch man, time to rebuild?  You should look into something directly on the walls again, only supported properly.  I did a project earlier in the year, and it came out extremely well.

 

Majority of the hanging space was x2 full 8 feet length of linear hanging shelving.  Upper & lower.  All supported into 2x4s many times over.  Some say overkill, but I am at ease knowing the only way these racks are coming down, is if my entire wall comes with them.  

 

The best part about these racks, is being able to use the actual shelving 8 feet across.  Holds plenty of shoes :)


 

Pictures of Office project (Click to show)

This is the main wall, which runs roughly 10.5 feet wide.  To the left was the door to a mini walk in closet, of course that door was removed. (redid that inside as well to add 12 linear hanging feet, and 6 shelves for sweaters / ect.

 

 

Those 2 8 foot long shelves hold at anytime roughly 250-400 items.  To the right (above the window) is used for packaging materials and storage.

 

Inside the closet is almost identical.  2 racks (upper & lower) 6 feet across.  Then on the narrow end inside the closet, we did 1.5 foot across shelves.

 

 

 

 

Uninstalled, patched holes & painted a day prior.  Measured & purchased at night, installed in the morning.  Took about 3 hours for the install with 2 people.

post #15272 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Mayday mayday. Entire upper closet system broke & fell down, onto lower system which also failed. Now have 150+ items hanging in various doorways. Fire Marshall would give me a fail for access to a 2nd means of egress. Need to buy some quality z-racks...or start selling some of this stuff. #ThriftAndHorde

Same thing happened to me this weekend... just be glad to know your not alone on this one.
post #15273 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Outch man, time to rebuild?  You should look into something directly on the walls again, only supported properly.  I did a project earlier in the year, and it came out extremely well.

Majority of the hanging space was x2 full 8 feet length of linear hanging shelving.  Upper & lower.  All supported into 2x4s many times over.  Some say overkill, but I am at ease knowing the only way these racks are coming down, is if my entire wall comes with them.  

The best part about these racks, is being able to use the actual shelving 8 feet across.  Holds plenty of shoes smile.gif


  Pictures of Office project (Click to show)


This is the main wall, which runs roughly 10.5 feet wide.  To the left was the door to a mini walk in closet, of course that door was removed. (redid that inside as well to add 12 linear hanging feet, and 6 shelves for sweaters / ect.




Those 2 8 foot long shelves hold at anytime roughly 250-400 items.  To the right (above the window) is used for packaging materials and storage.



Inside the closet is almost identical.  2 racks (upper & lower) 6 feet across.  Then on the narrow end inside the closet, we did 1.5 foot across shelves.












Uninstalled, patched holes & painted a day prior.  Measured & purchased at night, installed in the morning.  Took about 3 hours for the install with 2 people.

Nice. I'm definitely doing the vertical bracket things when I rebuild, along with the double-thick shelf supports, as you have. I skimped the first time - gonna do it right this time. Labor Day weekend...and also tidy up my ebay room(s).
post #15274 of 17444

1 for 2 on cases tonight.... blah blah blah. Got to see if a call back in the AM will resolve the other  :/

post #15275 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post


It might just be that throwing me off. I'm really shocked the seller uses it with every jacket.

Seller is from the UK. Explains everything.

post #15276 of 17444

officially lost top seller rating status today, random defects.  need like 80 more good transactions (without a defect) to requalify, but even then I am on a knife's edge as older good transactions fall off and the defects seem to be lumpy in places.

post #15277 of 17444
If I don't have top seller status to begin with, what harm will "defects" do me if any?
post #15278 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

If I don't have top seller status to begin with, what harm will "defects" do me if any?

If you drop into below standard, you will be restricted and possibly banned from selling.

post #15279 of 17444
Ok. So how long do defects take to fall off? Two of my defects are from August 2013.

I have.94% defect rate (3 over 213 transactions) and am above standard, so I guess I'm in ok shape? I don't do enough volume for top rated, so my worry is just making sure I don't get restricted or banned.
post #15280 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Ok. So how long do defects take to fall off? Two of my defects are from August 2013.

I have.94% defect rate (3 over 213 transactions) and am above standard, so I guess I'm in ok shape? I don't do enough volume for top rated, so my worry is just making sure I don't get restricted or banned.

 

That's fine. I'm at 1.63% right now. Defects fall off every year if you do under 400 transactions per 3 month period. If you do 400 or more every 3 months, it's based on your last 3 months.

post #15281 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

officially lost top seller rating status today, random defects.  need like 80 more good transactions (without a defect) to requalify, but even then I am on a knife's edge as older good transactions fall off and the defects seem to be lumpy in places.

 

...I thought I had lost mine as well - but on 2nd glance I'm still top-rated, but projected to lose it and drop to "above standard" on my next evaluation period Sept 20th.  Somehow eBay believes that only 83% of my transactions had tracking uploaded within handling time and validated by carrier, when in fact it is 100% when I run the reports.  I think there's some sort of lag in the system, for most recent sales or something.

  

In any event, double-check your seller dashboard - you might still be top-rated...

post #15282 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

 

...I thought I had lost mine as well - but on 2nd glance I'm still top-rated, but projected to lose it and drop to "above standard" on my next evaluation period Sept 20th.  Somehow eBay believes that only 83% of my transactions had tracking uploaded within handling time and validated by carrier, when in fact it is 100% when I run the reports.  I think there's some sort of lag in the system, for most recent sales or something.

  

In any event, double-check your seller dashboard - you might still be top-rated...

 

Any current packages that are in transit and not considered "Delivered" will count against you until it's Delivered. Pretty dumb.

post #15283 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

 

...I thought I had lost mine as well - but on 2nd glance I'm still top-rated, but projected to lose it and drop to "above standard" on my next evaluation period Sept 20th.  Somehow eBay believes that only 83% of my transactions had tracking uploaded within handling time and validated by carrier, when in fact it is 100% when I run the reports.  I think there's some sort of lag in the system, for most recent sales or something.

  

In any event, double-check your seller dashboard - you might still be top-rated...

i did and i am not, it is a pretty tough standard for selling used clothes, especially with how fickle some people are with their detailed ratings

post #15284 of 17444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post

Any current packages that are in transit and not considered "Delivered" will count against you until it's Delivered. Pretty dumb.

That's a lot of hooey in my opinion. But thanks for clarifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

i did and i am not, it is a pretty tough standard for selling used clothes, especially with how fickle some people are with their detailed ratings

That sucks - sorry mang.
post #15285 of 17444
How much luck have you guys had at having defects removed? I've got two fairly recent cases where the buyer claimed SNAD, I took the return because I'd rather not have negative feedback, and then sold the item again with the exact same listing and gotten positive feedback from the second buyer. Sounds like evidence that the original case was bullshit/buyers remorse, right? Would ebay customer service be swayed by this argument?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions