or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 101

post #1501 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post


I would ask him for a printed letter from the Hermes store he went to and then you will refund him. I would say chances are he made up the story.
 
1. do NOT reply via your email. Copy/paste that message and reply via ebay messages. do NOT reply via email.

2. Hermes does not authenticate items, they just dont. The only way youll get them to tell you its real or fake is if you take it to the store to get repaired. They wont repair fake items. You can ask them to clean/restitch the tie and once you have it back with the letter/receipt, youre good. But if its in his hands, its probably too late for that.

Try a SCO if you refund and get back, less hassle.

+1  - It used to be that you could send items directly to their repair center, but I believe their policy is now that the items has to be sent to the repair center via a store. Generally speaking, if it has the loop, from everything I have ever read it is authentic. 

post #1502 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

1. do NOT reply via your email. Copy/paste that message and reply via ebay messages. do NOT reply via email.

Well, I did that first thing, even before I posted my original query. BUT I only replied to say Please resubmit your question via ebay messages so that we're both protected.

So far I've heard nothing via that channel. My guess is I won't because...

I checked the delivery information (thank god I use tracking!) - it was delivered yesterday at 11:58 am. So within 24 hours he'd cast his eye on the tie, decided for whatever reason to stop by a Hermes retail outlet, got it "authenticated" and then dropped me a line via personal email (which he probably got from the shipping label - for some reason Canada Post puts it on the label). He seems pretty hot to trot.

Yet when I ask him to get the ball rolling via a formal channel I hear nada?

He should be so lucky to get another Hermes at that price!

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. If things do proceed I'll be prepared.
post #1503 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post


He should be so lucky to get another Hermes at that price!
Send Brianpore his username, for the list
post #1504 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post


Well, I did that first thing, even before I posted my original query. BUT I only replied to say Please resubmit your question via ebay messages so that we're both protected.
So far I've heard nothing via that channel. My guess is I won't because...
I checked the delivery information (thank god I use tracking!) - it was delivered yesterday at 11:58 am. So within 24 hours he'd cast his eye on the tie, decided for whatever reason to stop by a Hermes retail outlet, got it "authenticated" and then dropped me a line via personal email (which he probably got from the shipping label - for some reason Canada Post puts it on the label). He seems pretty hot to trot.
Yet when I ask him to get the ball rolling via a formal channel I hear nada?
He should be so lucky to get another Hermes at that price!
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. If things do proceed I'll be prepared.

It is authentic. And I would agree. I would have payed you that much for it.

post #1505 of 17521

We do OK shipping to Russia. Haven't had a claim yet, but we are counting on it to eventually happen. Build that scenario into your shipping price. You can add $1 or $2 into the handling cost if you are worried about it. If your average price is $20 like ours you will do OK if 10% get a claim filed. The non-USA buyers will buy items with no "offer" price either. If they like they buy it! I We really like the off shore market. The Russians got plenty of $$ to spend and are getting into the internet so its wide open. 

post #1506 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

He should be so lucky to get another Hermes at that price!
Send Brianpore his username, for the list

Nope....update the list yourself tongue.gif Send me your gmail email address if you want access though....

post #1507 of 17521
This is funny...
I have a listing for a Burberry jacket and I got a message asking if I'd sell them the shirt instead.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230894460509?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_822wt_922

The funny thing is, when I was taking the picture I forgot to bring a shirt downstairs so I just used the one I happened to be wearing.

Those of you who dress your mannequins (Wes, typhoid, etc), do you often get his for ties or shirts?
Edited by FaceOfBoh - 12/9/12 at 8:19am
post #1508 of 17521

This actually just happened to me yesterday for the first time. The guy wanted to buy the tweed and the bow tie. I told him I loved my bow tie and it had become sort of a trade mark for my tweed listings. I did offer him a different bow tie, but haven't heard back from him yet.

post #1509 of 17521
I haven't been asked for shirts and ties, but I have taken to stating that they are not included in the auction.
post #1510 of 17521

ffffuuuu.gif

 

Don't you hate it when you take pictures for an hour and then realize there is no memory card in the camera! I don't have time for this shit!

post #1511 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

I got an email to my private account - not via ebay - about the authenticity of an item, a Hermes tie.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230880804563?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_500wt_1413
He stated that he took it to Hermes in NYC and there was a question about its authenticity.
1. I replied that I'd be happy to work with him to resolve the issue.
2. I asked him to open a correspondence with me via ebay messages, that way we are both protected.
I think it's authentic. It has the loop, and the tag and printed logo. I'm going to ask him though what the store told him.
Question:
If I refund him, any thoughts about reselling or doing a second chance bidder?

 

Well if the oh-so-unpleasant gentleman sends it back, I'll pleasantly take it off your hands (Canada) haha. nod[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1512 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

This is funny...
I have a listing for a Burberry jacket and I got a message asking if I'd sell them the shirt instead.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230894460509?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_822wt_922
The funny thing is, when I was taking the picture I forgot to bring a shirt downstairs so I just used the one I happened to be wearing.
Those of you who dress your mannequins (Wes, typhoid, etc), do you often get his for ties or shirts?

Love your eBay username!

 

cupcake_smiley_girl.gif

post #1513 of 17521
Yep, what's with that user name? biggrin.gif
post #1514 of 17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

ffffuuuu.gif

 

Don't you hate it when you take pictures for an hour and then realize there is no memory card in the camera! I don't have time for this shit!

Might need to upgrade there....mine says "no memory card" when you turn it on and try to take a picture.

post #1515 of 17521

I just got it (used from Dustinmyself), and I absolutley I love it, the photos are great. I have actually gotten 3 or 4 compliments on my pics from shoppers since I started using it. I really was wanting a Nikon D3100, but this D40 is working out great at a fraction of the cost. Unfortunately it only tells you "No Memory Card" when you switch to play back mode. I have no other complaints with it. Oh well...just have to be more careful. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions