or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 984

post #14746 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Please feel free to critique - New eBay Template 1st revision biggrin.gif

CANALI Recent Blue Medallion Geometric Woven 100% Silk Slim Mens Tie - 3.375"
Looks good on android tablet running chrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianQC View Post

Do you also think that everytime you don't go thrifting you miss out Kitons and Brionis? biggrin.gif
Damn thrifting is a curse -_-
Yes, and yes.
Also when I flip past a bunch of empty hangers... what did I miss?
post #14747 of 18230
Garage Sale issue - I recently started uploading auctions and hosting the photos on eBay as well as the garage sale photo service offered. I like the feature because people on the mobile app can scroll through the photos without having to go into the description, except the main photo is blurry. It becomes clear only after I click on the photo. Here's what it looks like when I first click on the auction using the eBay mobile app:

post #14748 of 18230
Yeah some of mine do that sometimes. I don't think it's a garage sale issue though. More likely the eBay app. From what I can tell it's only on your own selling page. Your stuff all looks good to me when I view the gallery of your items.
post #14749 of 18230
post #14750 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post


Looks good on android tablet running chrome.
Yes, and yes.
Also when I flip past a bunch of empty hangers... what did I miss?

Dang you're allowed to take the jackets without the hangers? :fonz:

Cashiers are always angry at me when I buy stuff without taking them :fu:

post #14751 of 18230

As of July 31st, I've had 16 defects dropped off.  Which brings me within range of TRS.

post #14752 of 18230

Has anyone had issue printing postage via Ebay, PP, or USPS to Hong Kong lately?  eBay rep told me online printing is not available there, even though they show the options.  When going to print  through eBay, it times out.  When attempting through USPS, you get an error asking you to try later.  

post #14753 of 18230

I saw you had that listed. Must be a forum first.

post #14754 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianQC View Post
 

Dang you're allowed to take the jackets without the hangers? :fonz:

Cashiers are always angry at me when I buy stuff without taking them :fu:

Depends on the store, some want you to leave them there.  Even at the stores where they want/dont care if you bring up the hangers, the pros usually leave the hangers on the rack so save room in cart.  I'm usually doing my inspection in one corner of the store and wind up leaving a ton of hangers in one spot.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

I saw you had that listed. Must be a forum first.

Nope, Wes had one he sent to another member.  There's a Chic-fil-A on every corner here, I've passed many ties.  If they command that price, and I can find one that's not grease stained, I'll start picking them up.

post #14755 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianQC View Post
 

Do you also think that everytime you don't go thrifting you miss out Kitons and Brionis? :D

Damn thrifting is a curse -_-

 

Hah, maybe old Burberry and Brooks Brothers in my normal territory :D

post #14756 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Depends on the store, some want you to leave them there.  Even at the stores where they want/dont care if you bring up the hangers, the pros usually leave the hangers on the rack so save room in cart.  I'm usually doing my inspection in one corner of the store and wind up leaving a ton of hangers in one spot.

Nope, Wes had one he sent to another member.  There's a Chic-fil-A on every corner here, I've passed many ties.  If they command that price, and I can find one that's not grease stained, I'll start picking them up.

 

The paisley once fetches like 300+.

post #14757 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

 

Hah, maybe old Burberry and Brooks Brothers in my normal territory :D

I'm sure you miss Brionis and Kitons. Camp out of the store man :p

post #14758 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianQC View Post
 

I'm sure you miss Brionis and Kitons. Camp out of the store man :p

 

On this note, I prefer to hit a store or two right when they open, it's tranquil and otherwise the stores are ridiculously picked over by 1-2pm.  Mon-Sat they open at 9, Sun is 10.  So, I walked in at about 9:58AM on Sun morning and loaded my cart with about 4 pairs of unique shoes, all in the same odd size presumably from the same donor (9.5C or something like that).  About 5 minutes later, I was in the suits, about 20 feet away from my cart when I looked back and saw an older gentleman probably in his 60's rifling through the shoes in my cart.  I let him know that was my cart, and asked if I could help him with anything.  He mentioned he had been in the store the night before, had bought a few pairs, and came back this morning hoping more would be put out.  I had beaten him to it by about 5 minutes.  He asked me if they were my size, I gave him a shifty glance and said "nope, but I have a few friends they are perfect for, would they be your size?" He pondered for a second, meanwhile I looked in his little pull along cart and there were 2-3 different sizes/styles of shoes, and he responded, "Nope, they would be for my son." (Mind you, he appeared to be in his mid 60's, so theoretically for his 40 year old son?)  At that point we parted ways.  The ironic part was when I got to the register, the cashier said he had actually showed up at 9am, but was an hour early since it was Sunday and thus left and came back. 

post #14759 of 18230
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

 

On this note, I prefer to hit a store or two right when they open, it's tranquil and otherwise the stores are ridiculously picked over by 1-2pm.  Mon-Sat they open at 9, Sun is 10.  So, I walked in at about 9:58AM on Sun morning and loaded my cart with about 4 pairs of unique shoes, all in the same odd size presumably from the same donor (9.5C or something like that).  About 5 minutes later, I was in the suits, about 20 feet away from my cart when I looked back and saw an older gentleman probably in his 60's rifling through the shoes in my cart.  I let him know that was my cart, and asked if I could help him with anything.  He mentioned he had been in the store the night before, had bought a few pairs, and came back this morning hoping more would be put out.  I had beaten him to it by about 5 minutes.  He asked me if they were my size, I gave him a shifty glance and said "nope, but I have a few friends they are perfect for, would they be your size?" He pondered for a second, meanwhile I looked in his little pull along cart and there were 2-3 different sizes/styles of shoes, and he responded, "Nope, they would be for my son." (Mind you, he appeared to be in his mid 60's, so theoretically for his 40 year old son?)  At that point we parted ways.  The ironic part was when I got to the register, the cashier said he had actually showed up at 9am, but was an hour early since it was Sunday and thus left and came back. 

 

Ahah there's no age to thrift :D

 

One of my best hauls so far (in just 3 months of thrifting) was once in this Savers that I like a lot (lots of good stuff quite everytime)... So i went there, began with the blazers/suits section like I do all the time and there was literally nothing so I went to the shirts and etc. Out of curiosity I went back before leaving and BOOM 1 D&G suit, 1 Baldessarini suit, 1 Hugo Boss suit, 1 HB orphan and 1 Versace Collection orphan... ALL IN MY SIZE hehe. The stuff they put in the rack always depend on the time of day I think. If you go too early, there's nothing more than the day before, and if you go too late in the day, everything is already bought lol. I tried to talk to the crew to understand their pattern but there's really no pattern (at least in my stores). The 'production' crew arrives in the morning and start examining/tagging stuff, and when the mobile racks are full, they just go in the store and put them there. There's really no way to know when the stuff arrives :/ I guess that's the beauty of thrifting!

 

BTW I only kept the D&G suit (it's waiting for tailoring)... The others stuff were flipped and I made good money out of them. Yes there are people out there who buy pinstripes orphans... I always buy them when it's a recognized brand :uhoh::uhoh:

post #14760 of 18230

So I ran a logo contest. Here is the link for all 44 entries. Most were super boring https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Design-a-Logo-for-Tailored-Consignment-92891.html

 

This is what i started with and currently using

 

photo TCLogo_zpsa7d5216a.jpg

 

This is the only one I sorta kinda like, but dont love. It has some character to it at least

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions