or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 891

post #13351 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

I recently bought a lot of 4 ties and today they arrived bunched up in a priority mail tyvek bag.  WTF, if someone is going to go to the extent of shipping priority for a package under 13 ounces why not put the damn things in a box or at worst a flat rate cardboard or padded envelope?  But no, a non-shaped tyvek bag....  Christ.  /rant off.

I've bought about 5 tie lots on ebay. For each lot, they've either

 

A. Been packaged really well, but full of frays and snags that weren't in the photos

B. Would have been in great shape, but the seller jammed them all in a way-too-small box/bag.

post #13352 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbush View Post
 

Shipped from DC, chose the cheapest option (priority mail I believe)

From DC to ?????

 

Not trying to pull teeth but if you want correct information you need to supply all the details of the shipment.


Edited by Brianpore - 6/10/14 at 9:50am
post #13353 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Hope all goes well for you.

In other news! SHELL! - I want to sell a pair of C&J Shells, but I honestly know nothing about shoe  repairing etc. Its a bit dinged up. Should I just put a lightly damp cloth around the whole thing and snap some pics. OR should I learn how to repair / clean up shoes for a better ROI

Wipe down shell, then brush a little bit. Depending on what C&J shell you might have flakey finish so you don't want to treat them like Aldens. After brushing apply reno if you have it or a similar cleaner / conditioner. I find reno just dries out C&J shell more but if you are selling them it doesn't matter as it should make shoe look a little better. If you have cordovan creme or VSC that also works a little bit better. Could help a bit more if I saw shoe condition. Also maybe add some edge dressing if sole edges need it
post #13354 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

From DC to ?????

 

Not trying to pull teeth but if you want correct information you need to supply all the details of the shipment.

From DC to Switzerland, sorry. A big shoes box.

post #13355 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbush View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

From DC to ?????

 

Not trying to pull teeth but if you want correct information you need to supply all the details of the shipment.

From DC to Switzerland, sorry. A big shoes box.

You may get lucky, but I would not ship anything international unless you use Registered Mail or Express Mail.

 

Switzerland happens to be an E-Delcon country so if you printed the label out online (though ebay or the usps website) then it should have the e-delcon barcode for them to scan. Read more about E-Delcon here http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

 

I have had it though when shipping to Australia that e-delcon did not work correctly and the package never showed delivered. It actually Sat at the post office waiting for the import duties to be paid for weeks until it was returned. The buyer did not know it was sitting there as the last scan as similar to yours.

 

I would contact the buyer and make sure the 110% check with their post office every couple of days. You might not see another scan at all, or until it item is picked up. If you want to protect yourself selling on ebay you NEED to use Registered Mail (priority or 1st class) OR Express Mail. Either way def. suggest also insuring the item for the full value.

post #13356 of 14467
My fucking mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.
post #13357 of 14467

If I purchased a label directly from usps.com (not via eBay or PayPal), and I don't use it, will it eventually be voided and I'll be refunded?  I know you can void thru eBay shipping but cannot find any such link or info on usps.com, and I can't eat the cost of an unused label on this one.

post #13358 of 14467

I think you can void it within 24 (or 48?) hours. I'm guessing you made an account on USPS before purchasing the label. In your activity history, you should see the labels you've created. I'm 100% sure I've seen the option to void it within a certain time frame under <Actions> in the Transaction Details. If you're not seeing the link to void, perhaps the time window has passed.

post #13359 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

My fucking mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.

Leave some cookies with a "thanks for all the hard work" note next time, I'm sure s/he will double check in the future to grab them.

 

 

post #13360 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Wipe down shell, then brush a little bit. Depending on what C&J shell you might have flakey finish so you don't want to treat them like Aldens. After brushing apply reno if you have it or a similar cleaner / conditioner. I find reno just dries out C&J shell more but if you are selling them it doesn't matter as it should make shoe look a little better. If you have cordovan creme or VSC that also works a little bit better. Could help a bit more if I saw shoe condition. Also maybe add some edge dressing if sole edges need it

I understood maybe 2 of those words.

post #13361 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

I understood maybe 2 of those words.

Translation..... (Click to show)
Send to Wes
post #13362 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

I think you can void it within 24 (or 48?) hours. I'm guessing you made an account on USPS before purchasing the label. In your activity history, you should see the labels you've created. I'm 100% sure I've seen the option to void it within a certain time frame under <Actions> in the Transaction Details. If you're not seeing the link to void, perhaps the time window has passed.

 

Got it - thank you!  It was under "Activity History" - had to click around a few times to find the "Request a Refund" link - done!  Said the refund request has done within 30 days of printing so I should be good.  Thanks!

post #13363 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Leave some cookies with a "thanks for all the hard work" note next time, I'm sure s/he will double check in the future to grab them.


yes, i suppose being nice is better than leaving nasty notes.
post #13364 of 14467
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

My fucking mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.

Call your local PO, speak to the manager - USPS makes their best profits from package delivery (after junk mail). Let them know you spend hundreds or thousands per year on shipping. UPS or fedex would take your business too.
post #13365 of 14467
Anyone have good source of black and horn suit buttons?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions