thats a strategy, not a habit
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 5/7/15 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of Tokyo’s Best StoresLast edited: 4/13/15
- How to Buy Direct from JapanLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 84post #1246 of 2109311/16/12 at 8:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1247 of 2109311/16/12 at 8:50amI'm probably going way down the hole of spending too much money on a hobby, but I'm thinking about one of these: http://www.ids-la.com/DRITZ-D1760M-MrArdis-Male-Dressform-_p_619.html
It has always bugged me that the only jackets that look decent on my size-40 mannequin are 38-40 jackets. Bigger ones might as well be laying on the floor. This one adjusts up to a 45" chest and 40" waist, which would help bigger jackets look much less like shapeless blobs and much more like jackets are supposed to look on a body.
I've seen female versions of these adjustable torso forms a lot in antique and junk shops, but have never seen a male one.post #1248 of 2109311/16/12 at 8:50amI haven't made any sales in the past few days and all the sales I've made in the past few weeks have been paid, now all of a sudden eBay is telling me I'm waiting for a hundred dollar payment, but I can't see what item they are referring to, and all the items in my sold items section are showing as paid - has anyone seen this glitch before?
e: it looks like maybe it's tied in somehow to a partial refund I gave someone due to a USPS delay? Why is a $15 refund all of a sudden showing up as a partial payment with $100 needing to be paid?post #1249 of 2109311/16/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
I haven't made any sales in the past few days and all the sales I've made in the past few weeks have been paid, now all of a sudden eBay is telling me I'm waiting for a hundred dollar payment, but I can't see what item they are referring to, and all the items in my sold items section are showing as paid - has anyone seen this glitch before?
e: it looks like maybe it's tied in somehow to a partial refund I gave someone due to a USPS delay? Why is a $15 refund all of a sudden showing up as a partial payment with $100 needing to be paid?
Why don't you just ask eBay?post #1250 of 2109311/16/12 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I'm probably going way down the hole of spending too much money on a hobby, but I'm thinking about one of these: http://www.ids-la.com/DRITZ-D1760M-MrArdis-Male-Dressform-_p_619.html
It has always bugged me that the only jackets that look decent on my size-40 mannequin are 38-40 jackets. Bigger ones might as well be laying on the floor.
I agree, there's big and then there's BIG.
But have you tried pinning, to give the jacket more shape for photographs?
Edited by FaceOfBoh - 11/16/12 at 11:02ampost #1251 of 2109311/16/12 at 10:50am
GarageSale is good for hobbyists too, because it's worth it to spend some time developing a decent template. Your listing will just look much much better, you can have the images down with the description, etc. It's also good because you can schedule things to post at a certain time without paying eBay $0.10 per listing.
On the mannequin, you'll never have one that fits everything. Learn to pin them. I use chip bag clips on the back to hold the excess material and it works up to 50L pretty well.post #1252 of 2109311/16/12 at 1:21pmGot an "Item Is Not as Described" message from a buyer, where, in the message he writes "The shoes are as described" but then goes on to say that they do not measure the same as other shoes in his same size. I'm going to let him go to buyer protection with this one, hoping that since he said, in his own words, "the shoes are as described" I'll be able to win this one.post #1253 of 2109311/16/12 at 2:24pm
I searched through this thread quickly so forgive me if I passed over this section but is there a recommendation for where to go to get decent listing templates to build off of? I have a graphic for the "store" name and branding but now I need a rough template for spacing the description etc.
Is there a place to find a starting point?post #1254 of 2109311/16/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
I just use a binder clip or a chip clip in the back. Much less time than pinning per se. Sometimes it takes some fussing to get the jacket not to look too distorted (and sometimes I just don't care). But it "neatens" things up to an acceptable level.post #1255 of 2109311/16/12 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcLQuote:
I just use a binder clip or a chip clip in the back. Much less time than pinning per se. Sometimes it takes some fussing to get the jacket not to look too distorted (and sometimes I just don't care). But it "neatens" things up to an acceptable level.
I use a clothes pin on almost all my shirts/jacketspost #1256 of 2109311/16/12 at 6:11pmpost #1257 of 2109311/16/12 at 6:20pm
Honestly, shirts all I have to do is tuck under Manny, and then smooth the sides back. The cloth on the mannequin holds onto the shirt fabric, and holds it back.
This shirt was a 17 x 35. Is it perfect? No did take me more than 30 seconds? No.post #1258 of 2109311/16/12 at 6:41pmQuote:
The shoulders are dropped, you should have taken it in a bit at the upper part too, not just the waist. Its not easy making a 48L US fit on a mannequin, Orgetorix that mannequin you found is clutch but I dont like the red its in. If it were black....post #1259 of 2109311/16/12 at 7:28pmpost #1260 of 2109311/16/12 at 7:37pmHad something happen the other day that has never happened before.
Sold a few ties on and the buyer claimed that they were "old and faded" despite the fact that they were like new and really never worn. So of course ebay and paypal put a freeze on those funds and eventually found in the buyer's favor. However, for reasons not known, ebay also found me at fault and paid the buyer the refund itself, and is not requiring me to refund ebay. So the buyer got a pretty good deal, got to keep the merch and got a refund.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 14 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Nike Air Odyssey Light Bone / Burgundy Size 11US, UK purchase 7 minutes ago
- › Who was the coolest Beatle? 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 12 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan