thats a strategy, not a habit
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 4:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 7/7/16 at 7:31am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 84post #1246 of 2880311/16/12 at 8:35ampost #1247 of 2880311/16/12 at 8:50amI'm probably going way down the hole of spending too much money on a hobby, but I'm thinking about one of these: http://www.ids-la.com/DRITZ-D1760M-MrArdis-Male-Dressform-_p_619.html
It has always bugged me that the only jackets that look decent on my size-40 mannequin are 38-40 jackets. Bigger ones might as well be laying on the floor. This one adjusts up to a 45" chest and 40" waist, which would help bigger jackets look much less like shapeless blobs and much more like jackets are supposed to look on a body.
I've seen female versions of these adjustable torso forms a lot in antique and junk shops, but have never seen a male one.post #1248 of 2880311/16/12 at 8:50amI haven't made any sales in the past few days and all the sales I've made in the past few weeks have been paid, now all of a sudden eBay is telling me I'm waiting for a hundred dollar payment, but I can't see what item they are referring to, and all the items in my sold items section are showing as paid - has anyone seen this glitch before?
e: it looks like maybe it's tied in somehow to a partial refund I gave someone due to a USPS delay? Why is a $15 refund all of a sudden showing up as a partial payment with $100 needing to be paid?post #1249 of 2880311/16/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
I haven't made any sales in the past few days and all the sales I've made in the past few weeks have been paid, now all of a sudden eBay is telling me I'm waiting for a hundred dollar payment, but I can't see what item they are referring to, and all the items in my sold items section are showing as paid - has anyone seen this glitch before?
e: it looks like maybe it's tied in somehow to a partial refund I gave someone due to a USPS delay? Why is a $15 refund all of a sudden showing up as a partial payment with $100 needing to be paid?
Why don't you just ask eBay?post #1250 of 2880311/16/12 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I'm probably going way down the hole of spending too much money on a hobby, but I'm thinking about one of these: http://www.ids-la.com/DRITZ-D1760M-MrArdis-Male-Dressform-_p_619.html
It has always bugged me that the only jackets that look decent on my size-40 mannequin are 38-40 jackets. Bigger ones might as well be laying on the floor.
I agree, there's big and then there's BIG.
But have you tried pinning, to give the jacket more shape for photographs?
Edited by FaceOfBoh - 11/16/12 at 11:02ampost #1251 of 2880311/16/12 at 10:50am
GarageSale is good for hobbyists too, because it's worth it to spend some time developing a decent template. Your listing will just look much much better, you can have the images down with the description, etc. It's also good because you can schedule things to post at a certain time without paying eBay $0.10 per listing.
On the mannequin, you'll never have one that fits everything. Learn to pin them. I use chip bag clips on the back to hold the excess material and it works up to 50L pretty well.post #1252 of 2880311/16/12 at 1:21pmGot an "Item Is Not as Described" message from a buyer, where, in the message he writes "The shoes are as described" but then goes on to say that they do not measure the same as other shoes in his same size. I'm going to let him go to buyer protection with this one, hoping that since he said, in his own words, "the shoes are as described" I'll be able to win this one.post #1253 of 2880311/16/12 at 2:24pm
I searched through this thread quickly so forgive me if I passed over this section but is there a recommendation for where to go to get decent listing templates to build off of? I have a graphic for the "store" name and branding but now I need a rough template for spacing the description etc.
Is there a place to find a starting point?post #1254 of 2880311/16/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
I just use a binder clip or a chip clip in the back. Much less time than pinning per se. Sometimes it takes some fussing to get the jacket not to look too distorted (and sometimes I just don't care). But it "neatens" things up to an acceptable level.post #1255 of 2880311/16/12 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcLQuote:
I just use a binder clip or a chip clip in the back. Much less time than pinning per se. Sometimes it takes some fussing to get the jacket not to look too distorted (and sometimes I just don't care). But it "neatens" things up to an acceptable level.
I use a clothes pin on almost all my shirts/jacketspost #1256 of 2880311/16/12 at 6:11pmpost #1257 of 2880311/16/12 at 6:20pm
Honestly, shirts all I have to do is tuck under Manny, and then smooth the sides back. The cloth on the mannequin holds onto the shirt fabric, and holds it back.
This shirt was a 17 x 35. Is it perfect? No did take me more than 30 seconds? No.post #1258 of 2880311/16/12 at 6:41pmQuote:
The shoulders are dropped, you should have taken it in a bit at the upper part too, not just the waist. Its not easy making a 48L US fit on a mannequin, Orgetorix that mannequin you found is clutch but I dont like the red its in. If it were black....post #1259 of 2880311/16/12 at 7:28pmpost #1260 of 2880311/16/12 at 7:37pmHad something happen the other day that has never happened before.
Sold a few ties on and the buyer claimed that they were "old and faded" despite the fact that they were like new and really never worn. So of course ebay and paypal put a freeze on those funds and eventually found in the buyer's favor. However, for reasons not known, ebay also found me at fault and paid the buyer the refund itself, and is not requiring me to refund ebay. So the buyer got a pretty good deal, got to keep the merch and got a refund.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Video Games 26 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott Washed Black Safari Hoodie Small 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 3 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding