or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 792

post #11866 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post

Bottega Veneta, they're tagged 44, which according to their website is 11, but they are too long, and too wide for me.  They feel like an 11.5 E or something along those lines.  On European shoes with no width identified, do you choose the category width that you feel is most appropriate, or are EU shoes M/D unless otherwise tagged?  I left item width out of my "item specifics" but I know that is hurting me when people search by mens shoes>dress>11>D, etc.  Btw, I know they're seriously price jacked.  Figure a week of stupid high asking price, then consider something much more appropriate if I don't have any decent offers. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231202541633?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I knew they were Bottega! Was wrong on the size though. Ah well.
post #11867 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

Arc'teryx jacket with no bids (not mine), an OK deal if you're the only bidder, described as "mint condition"...

That $4.99 shipping is attractive, what are you mailing it in if you don't mind me asking? 

 

In before, "buy it and you'll find out" :lol: 

post #11868 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

That $4.99 shipping is attractive, what are you mailing it in if you don't mind me asking? 

 

In before, "buy it and you'll find out" :lol: 

 

That was a semi-PSA - not my auction...and a decent price, though it's made in China (made in Canada goes for more; and the Arc'teryx Veilance line goes for big money for whomever was asking earlier about stepping up their outerwear game). 

post #11869 of 15831

Well I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.

 

I was trying to step up my lighting game, and I bought a vivitar 285 flash. I don't know why, I didn't really do my research and I have no idea how to use it. I don't know why I thought it would be a consistent light, but its just a flash. I should have just bought a lamp with a 5k bulb or something.

 

Any flash guys in here to chime in on how I could use this properly?

 

I shoot with just my phone, not sure why I need a flash. what the hell am I doing ha!

 

*I also might switch over to my canon shot xs10is, that I also do not know how to use. I just bought things on impulse

post #11870 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

Well I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.

 

I was trying to step up my lighting game, and I bought a vivitar 285 flash. I don't know why, I didn't really do my research and I have no idea how to use it. I don't know why I thought it would be a consistent light, but its just a flash. I should have just bought a lamp with a 5k bulb or something.

 

Any flash guys in here to chime in on how I could use this properly?

 

I shoot with just my phone, not sure why I need a flash. what the hell am I doing ha!

 

If you're taking phone pics, you can't use that flash...it attaches to a standard camera hot-shoe.  Sorry, I don't really have any input - I use flash sometimes, and other times not, and cannot imagine how it would be useful to you taking phone pics.  

post #11871 of 15831

I might look into getting a flash for my camera. It'd be easier to use than lights, since I don't have space for the latter. I also like photography so I'd get additional use out of it.

post #11872 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

If you're taking phone pics, you can't use that flash...it attaches to a standard camera hot-shoe.  Sorry, I don't really have any input - I use flash sometimes, and other times not, and cannot imagine how it would be useful to you taking phone pics.  

Exactly what I'm saying. Pretty dumb move on my part.

post #11873 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

Exactly what I'm saying. Pretty dumb move on my part.

 

Welllll....depends on what you paid for it.  If thrifted / garage sale or something, you might be able to flip it for a profit.  I know there are stand-alone flash triggers but how you'd sync it with a phone is beyond me and probably not possible.  Does your phone not have an always-on flash feature?  (mine does: off, auto, or always on)

If you're trying to step up your lighting game, you need lights.  It's been discussed before, but, folks who get sucked into this whole thing typically go for 1) A proper mannequin, 2) Better lights, and 3) A camera that doesn't accept text messages or make phone calls.  Meaning: a camera.  

post #11874 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I might look into getting a flash for my camera. It'd be easier to use than lights, since I don't have space for the latter. I also like photography so I'd get additional use out of it.

I thought the same, the future portrays the answer: No you did-ent!

 

 

- - 

I use flash, with every money shot.

post #11875 of 15831

Would it have been appropriate to include OCBD in this auction title?  I tried to do some googling to figure out the difference between a standard button down collared shirt, and an OCBD, but I'm still somewhat foggy:

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231203353052

post #11876 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

Would it have been appropriate to include OCBD in this auction title?  I tried to do some googling to figure out the difference between a standard button down collared shirt, and an OCBD, but I'm still somewhat foggy:

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231203353052

 

Definitely not OCBD.  It's patchwork plaid - you already got it.  Also keep all fingers out of photos unless you're freshly manicured (personal pet peeve - same goes for bare feet etc - others may disagree).    

post #11877 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

Definitely not OCBD.  It's patchwork plaid - you already got it.  Also keep all fingers out of photos unless you're freshly manicured (personal pet peeve - same goes for bare feet etc - others may disagree).    

 

Thanks, I will be more cognizant of that.  Is OCBD always a solid?

post #11878 of 15831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

 

Thanks, I will be more cognizant of that.  Is OCBD always a solid?

no OCBD is always oxford cloth

post #11879 of 15831

How do you read this tag for sizing, I went to BB website, found slim fit shirts, but they are all normal half sizes.  Did they really make shirts in 1/3 sizes in the past? 

 


Edited by cdgreg - 4/13/14 at 7:53am
post #11880 of 15831

16 neck 32 / 33 sleeve

Slim Fit

Non - Iron

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions