or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 772

post #11566 of 17566

How do you guys deal with someone that claim an item is fake?  I have a 7 day returns policy, however the guy has claimed a fake about 30 days after delivery - "finish is not what I am used to with xxx brand, and I own several of xxx suits".  Clearly a case of buyer's remorse...or he was worn the suit and trashed it already.

 

I know the item is 100% genuine because:

- the tags and labels are legit;

- the suit looked genuine (a fairly typical/generic fused suit); and

- it is a tiny pissant mall-quality Australian brand - no one would bother faking it.

post #11567 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Yeah, you are supposed to cut them in half then sign at the bottom of the first 3 pages. As the package progresses, the different pages are kept at various customs locations along the way. 

Heh, I suppose I never thought about it.  I knew they each had their place at a location intersection, but never thought any further about it.  So far so good, but will start to sign all that is required.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

After reading the recent chatter about using sniping software I figured I'd give it a try.  Slightly weary of the whole thing I found a badass pair of shoes (http://www.ebay.com/itm/371030526148?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT), set a max bid for $95 knowing they'd go for higher, but I wanted to see the software work.  I did not get any messages this afternoon when the item ended, but I figured it had already gone past my $95, so it did not bid, thus no e-mail.

 

So, I'm feeding the baby and decided to manually bid $42 on this pair of shoes that I "watched" the other night with about 1 minute left (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271437895013?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649), figuring I don't want to pay anymore than that.  I get out bid with 10 seconds left and think meh, good, didn't want them too overly bad anyways.  Next thing I see is YOU WON, $63.01.  I thought my phone was goofing up, so I checked my e-mail and then realized I had copied and pasted the wrong item number into the sniping software....so, I had set my max bid to $95 on the wrong pair of shoes lol.

 

Oh well, at least I do not have any "chili" brown shoes yet in my wardrobe!  :dozingoff: 

This made me laugh...I've had many purchases drawn from "feeding the baby" lol.  But in the end, if you ever do want to get your money back, you shouldn't have much of a problem selling them around 75-95$ with a BIN OBO.

post #11568 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
 

How do you guys deal with someone that claim an item is fake?  I have a 7 day returns policy, however the guy has claimed a fake about 30 days after delivery - "finish is not what I am used to with xxx brand, and I own several of xxx suits".  Clearly a case of buyer's remorse...or he was worn the suit and trashed it already.

 

I know the item is 100% genuine because:

- the tags and labels are legit;

- the suit looked genuine (a fairly typical/generic fused suit); and

- it is a tiny pissant mall-quality Australian brand - no one would bother faking it.

As quietly as possible. If he claims it's fake in a case to eBay, it will be difficult to win, especially if it was sold for under $250.

post #11569 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
 

How do you guys deal with someone that claim an item is fake?  I have a 7 day returns policy, however the guy has claimed a fake about 30 days after delivery - "finish is not what I am used to with xxx brand, and I own several of xxx suits".  Clearly a case of buyer's remorse...or he was worn the suit and trashed it already.

 

I know the item is 100% genuine because:

- the tags and labels are legit;

- the suit looked genuine (a fairly typical/generic fused suit); and

- it is a tiny pissant mall-quality Australian brand - no one would bother faking it.

I cannot chime in with personal experience on fighting this one, but others can help. 

 

- - 

 

When I first read this, I thought you were talking about a Zegna XXX suit, lol...then I got down to the "generic fused suit" and was like wtf?  But soon realized XXX was just a place holder :facepalm: my mind sometimes...

 

Anyways, do you have a link to the listing, I'd like to see the labels were talking about here.

post #11570 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

As quietly as possible. If he claims it's fake in a case to eBay, it will be difficult to win. 

Why aren't sellers innocent until proven guilty?  eBay doesn't put the burden of proof on the buyer?  After all, he is the one who holds the item, not us.

post #11571 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

 

Anyways, do you have a link to the listing, I'd like to see the labels were talking about here.

 

Edit - link deleted

 

I won't bother fighting it as it's a small amount, but it's just annoying.  The worst transactions are almost always with the low price items.


Edited by Mifune - 3/31/14 at 7:04pm
post #11572 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

This made me laugh...I've had many purchases drawn from "feeding the baby" lol.  But in the end, if you ever do want to get your money back, you shouldn't have much of a problem selling them around 75-95$ with a BIN OBO.

 

True that, thank god no one bid up to my $95 "cap" lol.  I plan on keeping them as a two fold reminder: 1.) Attention to detail is a consistent must, and 2.) Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  I do plan on wearing a brown-ish suit on Friday so I can rock them!!!!!!!!

post #11573 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
 

How do you guys deal with someone that claim an item is fake?  I have a 7 day returns policy, however the guy has claimed a fake about 30 days after delivery - "finish is not what I am used to with xxx brand, and I own several of xxx suits".  Clearly a case of buyer's remorse...or he was worn the suit and trashed it already.

 

I know the item is 100% genuine because:

- the tags and labels are legit;

- the suit looked genuine (a fairly typical/generic fused suit); and

- it is a tiny pissant mall-quality Australian brand - no one would bother faking it.

 

Your 7-day return policy vs. their approx. 30-day wear and tear could be your out.  I'd deny the return, hope they open a case, and win based on your return policy...CAVEAT being I don't get a lot of returns so don't know if this is a good idea.

 

Er - now see that you're going to take the return - probably for the best - refund and move on.

post #11574 of 17566
for the 2nd time, my mailman left packages on my doorstep that were meant to be picked up. they are sitting RIGHT in front of my door.


of course, i again got the email saying my packages have been picked up. so goddamn annoying!
post #11575 of 17566

I have a quick question. I bought these guys last week and just got them in the mail. Is there any chance they're UK sized? They fit pretty damn big, like... I fit a double thick insole in there to get my feet in. Some 8.5's are a bit loose on me but are fine with tightened laces, here the blutcher part overlaps and stops on itself before I can even tie them.

 

They're made in italy PRL suede apron blutchers. Pretty nice shoes, but...

Here's the link.

post #11576 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I have a quick question. I bought these guys last week and just got them in the mail. Is there any chance they're UK sized? They fit pretty damn big, like... I fit a double thick insole in there to get my feet in. Some 8.5's are a bit loose on me but are fine with tightened laces, here the blutcher part overlaps and stops on itself before I can even tie them.

They're made in italy PRL suede apron blutchers. Pretty nice shoes, but...
Here's the link.

I had a same issue with suede bluchers. Maybe you have a low instep and the shoes have a high vamp.
post #11577 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

for the 2nd time, my mailman left packages on my doorstep that were meant to be picked up. they are sitting RIGHT in front of my door.


of course, i again got the email saying my packages have been picked up. so goddamn annoying!

 

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.

post #11578 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.

looks like next time it happens this is what ill do. it must mean those emails are auto generated which is a fairly poor business practice.
post #11579 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


I had a same issue with suede bluchers. Maybe you have a low instep and the shoes have a high vamp.

 

Yeah, that's the other option. I think you're probably right.


I guess I could probably sell them after I give them a good cleaning, I'm sure I'll get more than I paid once they're cleaner. They're pretty nice and the soles are excellent.

post #11580 of 17566
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

for the 2nd time, my mailman left packages on my doorstep that were meant to be picked up. they are sitting RIGHT in front of my door.


of course, i again got the email saying my packages have been picked up. so goddamn annoying!

This has happened to me about 5 times.  I live in an area that has not been re-routed for a full-time mailman.  Its what they call an auxiliary route, and is picked up by a random driver daily.  I too get the auto generated emails stating the status is complete, which is bullshit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.

+1, did that.  He made the driver come all the way back to my house to get my packages.  I was still furious.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post


looks like next time it happens this is what ill do. it must mean those emails are auto generated which is a fairly poor business practice.

Call them, they will take care of it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions